Sheep Ignore Hit and Run Victim

The officer that arrives at the end of the video was responding to an unrelated call and happened upon the victim.

The video:
http://www.hartford.gov/Police/Video/35%20Park%20St.%205-30-08.wmv

The story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_on_re_us/ignored_hit_and_run

Fucking disgusting!

thats some bullshit, the human race as a whole needs too seriously look in the mirror and reconsider ourselves

Speechless and pissed off as all hell.

This incident happened in a Hispanic neighborhood in Hartford. There are lots of illegals living and working here, who are afraid they will be identified and deported if they remain at the scene to help someone.

There were several calls to 911, but this is a fact of life in poor urban neighborhoods. A few days ago, an 11 year old girl was hit and run in New Haven. Nobody stopped. She was taken to the hospital, where she later died. This happens several times a year here, and it’s mostly children who are the victims. The drivers usually are wanted for a lot of priors, like drugs and weapons, so their own criminal ass runs away, while someone dies in the street.

It’s like Dodge city. Don’t ever start something in New Haven, unless you know how to shoot, and have a fast car.

Well if it was a illegal that hit him, they do need to be deported.

IN A F__KING BODYBAG.

reminds me of when they had that free coffee day at dunking donuts and i got into one and theres some dude all fucked up on the ground and there were people helping him but none of the employees payed him any attention. i felt weird getting my free coffee.

This is textbook social loafing, and why Im not justifying what happened or trying to say thats its OK, this sort of stuff happens a lot and is an explained psychological phenomenon.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
This is textbook social loafing, and why Im not justifying what happened or trying to say thats its OK, this sort of stuff happens a lot and is an explained psychological phenomenon.[/quote]

I don’t understand it in this context.

In the other thread currently going on, where a guy is getting attacked, I ‘sort of’ understand the bystander phenomenon theory.

However, this is just a dude lying injured on the ground. He’s not being attacked, and you wouldn’t be in danger helping him.

I can’t think of a possible reason why if I was a pedestrian walking on that sidewalk, that I wouldn’t immediately run over to check on the injured man.

In fact, I’ve seen several youtube video clips of people getting hit by cars, and they’re almost all quickly followed by several people sprinting towards them to help.

I don’t understand the people in this one.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
This is textbook social loafing, and why Im not justifying what happened or trying to say thats its OK, this sort of stuff happens a lot and is an explained psychological phenomenon.

I don’t understand it in this context.

In the other thread currently going on, where a guy is getting attacked, I ‘sort of’ understand the bystander phenomenon theory.

However, this is just a dude lying injured on the ground. He’s not being attacked, and you wouldn’t be in danger helping him.

I can’t think of a possible reason why if I was a pedestrian walking on that sidewalk, that I wouldn’t immediately run over to check on the injured man.

In fact, I’ve seen several youtube video clips of people getting hit by cars, and they’re almost all quickly followed by several people sprinting towards them to help.

I don’t understand the people in this one.[/quote]

It should be called just being “human”. Damn these onlookers are some cold-hearted callous SOB’s.

I don’t necessarily blame the other drivers for driving past. For all they know, he’s some crackhead ODing in the street.

The pedestrians on the sidewalk, though, are scum. I mean, WTF are they waiting for? An invitation?

I have been involved in similar things in the past and I’ve always stopped and gotten out to make sure things are okay. One was a burning house that no body else seemed to be aware of. My mom, dad, and sister all have done the same thing. I think that there are two types of people in this world: Those for whom the first impulse is to make sure things are okay, and those whom are scared or don’t give a shit.

[quote]eic wrote:
I don’t necessarily blame the other drivers for driving past. For all they know, he’s some crackhead ODing in the street.

The pedestrians on the sidewalk, though, are scum. I mean, WTF are they waiting for? An invitation?

I have been involved in similar things in the past and I’ve always stopped and gotten out to make sure things are okay. One was a burning house that no body else seemed to be aware of. My mom, dad, and sister all have done the same thing. I think that there are two types of people in this world: Those for whom the first impulse is to make sure things are okay, and those whom are scared or don’t give a shit. [/quote]

thats three people <3