First, I am glad to have found this great community and I have been reading and learning quite a bit. And now I need some advice…
(side-by-side comparison image below)
Long story short…
l have been battling with the most frustrating spell of ED of my life. No morning wood. EVER. I can count on one hand how many times I have had a morning “visitor” in the past 4-5 months. I have said it before… This is HELL. Why? Because the libido and urge is there, but even a crazy dose of cialis ain’t enough to consistently perform beyond having a “soft erection” at best…
So… a little over a month ago, the labs revealed high SHBG (which had already been in the higher range of normal in the past) and high prolactin showing in my test results, so I got some caber and some proviron (and upped the test) to deal with these issues. As you will see below, the caber worked (too damn well) - and as a result, I am pulling back on the caber. The proviron, however - did not budge the needle, nor did the higher dose of test - when it came to the SHBG issue. I realize proviron only binds and would not necessarily drop the number.
BUT… My bedroom performance issues had only marginally improved for a brief period a couple weeks ago. And since relapsed…
With this current test result, I have no doubt that the SHBG is the big culprit.
And so you have the entire picture, let me bullet out what I know/don’t know (and likely reasons for the high SHBG):
Quick stats: I am 40 years old. 6’3" / 210lbs / 33" waist / no clue on BF% (I am not fat, not skinny, no bulging 6 pack either - probably in range of 14-17%)
Current gear: 210mg/week Test cyp (pinned daily)
Workout: 4 days a week (PPL/Full Body), and have been adding cardio to my regimen
Diet: Intermittent Fasting (20 hours per day)/Keto (helps with bullet point below)
As a child, I was given this wonderful gift called type 1 diabetes (I don’t recommend it - it ain’t as cool as you’d think)
Blood Glucose: Strictly controlled (avg BG range: 5-7) *on US measure = 80-125ish
Blood Pressure: Good - average 110/75 (thanks to cialis/amlodipine)
Meds (not supps): Lantus Insulin (24 units per day), Humalog Fast Acting Insulin (~10-15 units per day on average), Metformin (1000mg/day), cialis (20mg/day), Amlodipine (10mg/day)
Other health issues: November 2019 - kidney stones (blasted and passed)
Liver levels (as of May 2020) - all good
Kidney health (as of March 2020) - all good
Thyroid (as of June 2020) - all good
Lipids/Heart (as of March 2020) - all good
So… I am confident that the SHBG is NOT likely related to liver or thyroid problems
From research, it appears that elevated SHBG is one of the glorious special bonuses of being a Type 1 Diabetic (thanks Diabetes!)
In fact, there is an inverse relationship between how much insulin you take (for T1D) and the level of SHBG
In other words… lots of insulin shots = really fat with lower SHBG
Now the test results (the money shot):
So… What can I do about this SHBG issue?
I am already taking boron, vitamin D, and all the other usual suspects (before this test)…
Since it isn’t likely my liver/thyroid, there is no protocol option there…
I know large T levels can suppress SHBG but I really don’t want my TRT/cruise dose to go any higher if I don’t have to. In fact, I would prefer to titrate down from where I am…
Clearly proviron didn’t make much of an impact for me…
And while increased insulin lowers shbg…
- I can’t take more insulin shots unless I want to deal with hypoglycemia and take a permanent vacation 6 feet under
- Nor, do I wanna start binging on carbs and sugar just so I can take more insulin shots and live a hyperglycemic lifestyle of having feet amputated and being on dialysis down the road.
Do I just need to embrace some DHT compounds in my cruise/TRT?
These are the options I know of right now:
- I do have a sh-t load of primobolan - it is DHT but I am not sure if that would suppress SHBG enough on its own
- I also have a nice supply of Masteron P - again, if proviron didn’t make it work - would mast?
- I was already considering going on HGH (2iu/day). Some research suggests that it can lower SHBG…
- I have about 200 tablets of syn anavar (10mg) - I read a lot of evidence of 5mg of winny doing the trick - perhaps 10mg daily of var would be the way to go.
- I clearly prefer using orals like this in blasts/cycles. But it appears that to solve this will require an ONGOING protocol
This is what I am now trying (but based on your feedback - I may adjust it)…
- I am lowering my weekly Test down back to 175mg (25mg daily)
- and adding 210mg/wk of Primo (30mg daily).
- And, also starting today, for 4 weeks (just to kickstart things) I am gonna take 10mg daily of the var.
- If I successfully reduce SHBG - I might free up more hormones and need an AI (have aromasin and adex on hand - just in case)
- Considering I crushed prolactin - doesn’t mean it won’t come back in the current absence of caber - may need to take .25 E3D (was taking .5 EOD - which was WAY TOO MUCH)
- I would re-test in about 4-6 weeks
I know I put a lot of info here and I truly thank you all so much for any input and feedback.