SHBG Myth (Bill Roberts)

I’ve read a few of Bill Roberts posts where he mentions the “SHBG” myth but I cannot find any original posts as to what the actual myth is and/or why it is not true. All I could really collect was that SHBG levels for some reason weren’t as relevant as people think. Can anyone clarify?

There was also the “myth” that tren can cause progestational gyno. According to Bill it can’t which seems to go against what a ton of people experience but he seemed to be able to back it up.

Thanks

Higher Androgen levels reduce SHBG levels, therefore to include Winstrol or Proviron for the sole purpose of controlling SHBG is generally considered to be a waste.

As for the Tren (search Bill Roberts > Articles > Fina Gyno, or search Meso-RX for the exact article called ‘Debunking the Tren Gyno myth’) in summary, Bill Roberts believes legitimate Trenbolone will not cause gyno. Alot of the cases of ‘Tren Gyno’ are from stacking with aromatizing compounds without an AI, or the ‘Tren’ being a shit mix of various androgens with only a small Tren component. Many UGLs cut corners in removing all the Estrogen when brewing Tren from pellets, meaning that you could have legit Tren, just with a high unestered estrogen content.

Cheers,
-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
Higher Androgen levels reduce SHBG levels, therefore to include Winstrol or Proviron for the sole purpose of controlling SHBG is generally considered to be a waste.

As for the Tren (search Bill Roberts > Articles > Fina Gyno, or search Meso-RX for the exact article called ‘Debunking the Tren Gyno myth’) in summary, Bill Roberts believes legitimate Trenbolone will not cause gyno. Alot of the cases of ‘Tren Gyno’ are from stacking with aromatizing compounds without an AI, or the ‘Tren’ being a shit mix of various androgens with only a small Tren component. Many UGLs cut corners in removing all the Estrogen when brewing Tren from pellets, meaning that you could have legit Tren, just with a high unestered estrogen content.

Cheers,
-PTD
[/quote]

Thanks, I read through the thread about Tren. So regarding the SHBG it’s not that it’s irrelevant normally, it’s just that it tends to lower with any anabolic anyway so adding in extras specifically to reduce it isn’t necessary? I just read yesterday how SHBG decreases with AAS use which I found interesting since almost every pathway involves negative feedback so I would assume more Test floating around in the blood would result in more SHBG to decrease the free concentrations. Then again maybe there’s other mechanisms I’m not thinking of.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Hmmm, maybe I interpreted it wrong, or I’m blending what BR said with information from other sources, but:

IIRC, higher androgen levels have been shown to increase SHBG levels. The ‘problem’ is that most steroids users (and I include myself in that bracket) believe that SHBG is ‘bad’ because it will render their androgens ineffective. That is only true to a certain point. Whilst bound to SHBG, androgens are ineffective at the AR, but in order to be transported around the body, we need SHBG at a transport protein in the blood to deliver androgens to target tissue.

The problem (as I see it) would be much more manifest in the natural or recovering trainee, since in the face of normal or reduced androgens, elevated SHBG would render too high a proportion of existing androgens impotent, since they are bound up.

BBB[/quote]

OK so basically for the natural trainee it does matter, just not as much for those taking AAS.

As for if AAS increases or decreases SHBG, i’m reading William Llewellyn’s Anabolics 9th edition and he says AAS lowers SHBG but that’s my only source for that info.