SHBG Effect on T?

My SHBG was 47, 16-94 ref rng. I have looked and can’t find what is considered high for SHBG. I know I’m mid range but I’ve seen that that can be high or low depending. I inject 60mg, 2x wk, tot= 120. My total T is 1020, FT 18. Just asking what as ballpark figure, how much TT could be bound to SHBG? I am 60 and have just went to 120mg/wk for the last 3 months. Feeling better than ever and have increased AI by 20%.

Also just started back on AI 2 months ago after reading KSman sticky and have reduced E-2 from 37 to 28. I have lost 20lbs of fat from middle and a good 3 inches from my waist. I attribute that to the AI.

Also, that BW was taken a week after my last injection so I’m sure TT,FT is higher. Again, mostly curious how much SHBG can effect my TT,FT.

Thanks in advance,

T+SHBG is not bioavailable and more of this means less FT.

SHBG is made in the liver mostly in response to estrogen levels, and it scavenges hormones from the blood and then the complex is metabolized. You cannot directly control SHBG. But with lower E2 levels, SHBG should trend lower.

If you want to get to E2=28, new AI dose is old_dose * (28/22)

Suggest that you inject twice a week and take your AI dose at the same time as the injection. You can inject with #29 1/2ml 1/2" insulin syringes. Try injecting SC and save your muscles from damage.

Long time no see!

Have you seen these stickies?

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • thyroid basics [we are seeing that there are many guys here with thyroid issues, including iodine deficiency].

[quote]KSman wrote:
T+SHBG is not bioavailable and more of this means less FT.

SHBG is made in the liver mostly in response to estrogen levels, and it scavenges hormones from the blood and then the complex is metabolized. You cannot directly control SHBG. But with lower E2 levels, SHBG should trend lower.

If you want to get to E2=28, new AI dose is old_dose * (28/22)

Suggest that you inject twice a week and take your AI dose at the same time as the injection. You can inject with #29 1/2ml 1/2" insulin syringes. Try injecting SC and save your muscles from damage.

Long time no see!

Have you seen these stickies?

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • thyroid basics [we are seeing that there are many guys here with thyroid issues, including iodine deficiency].[/quote]

Thanks,it’s been a while. I do all of the above. Inject 2x/wk= 120mg/wk. Take AI EOD, 10 drops. Last BW E-2 was 28, down from 37, and that was only a couple of weeks AI @ 10 drops EOD. I hope it is in low 20s next BW, next week.

My question is “how much T, out of say a TT reading of a 1000, could be TT bound to SHBG and rendered bio"unavailable”. Could it be as much as 100 mg/ml, or 200, or 300? I know it would be a ballpark, educatated guess. Just curious if it could be substantial. I’ve read the stickies and can’t find an answer. I’m 60, my SHBG is 47 and I have seen through google that that is considered high.

Again, just looking for a ballpark figure. Can’t seem to find one in stickies, only that it binds to T and renders TT unavailable and lowers FT.

Thanks, good to hear from you

Like I said, with TT around 1000, FT @ 18, I feel better than ever physically. Mentally, eh, that’s another area and always room for improvement. I picked up some iodine today. Taking 30mg/d.