Shawnson Case Thread

So I went in to get a physical and a blood panel done to ensure that my new diet was not causing any problems. I was also interested in my T level as I have been aware for some time that I had many of the symptoms of low T but just didn’t want to deal with it. I have a very big change happening in the next year career wise and that is what kicked me into gear to get fit and healthy.

-height
6’0
-waist
-weight
-describe body and facial hair
No body hair, facial hair is very slow growing and not full.
-describe where you carry fat
Most of my fat is in around my waist and gut.
-health conditions, symptoms [history]
Very little to report. Always been healthy.
-Rx and OTC drugs
None
-lab results with ranges
Test Total- 336 (250-1100 ng/dl)
Test Free- 54.7 (35.0-155.0 pg/ml)
TSH- 1.70 (0.40-4.50 MIU/L)
-describe diet
Started a Keto diet on June 22 2015. Started at 245lb and am down now to 224. 20 carbs, 138 Fat and Protein 111 per day with cal at 1780. I monitor my intake very close.
-describe training
Started riding a bike the same day I started the diet. Riding between 8 and 16 miles per day depending on how I feel.
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
Very rare. During sex I find it takes longer to get up and faster to go down. Has been declining over the last 2 years.

When the Doctor called with my results she simply stated that my results where in range and I had nothing to worry about. When I asked her about my severe lack of energy and my lack of desire to do… anything really, Including sex. She offered me a anti depressant and said I was a bit low on Vitamin D. I did discuss all of the symptoms that I had been experiencing with her at the beginning of the exam. I hate feeling the way I do. I love to hike and camp and shoot, I love to get out and do things and now it’s all I can do to hop on the bike and ride 4-5 days a week.

So what is my next step here?

Please post the rest of your lab work with ranges. You should have copy from doc.

Do not take the AD meds now.

Vit-D3, take 5000 iu [tiny oil based caps]

Your T levels are low.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys >>> note the first paragraph<<<
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc

We need to find the cause of your low T. Low T is the symptom, not the disease.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin
LH/FSH
CBC
AST/ALT
fasting total cholesterol
fasting glucose

TSH should be closer to 1.0
Could be elevated by iodine deficiency. Are you using iodized salt? For a long time?
Check oral body temperatures:

• when you first wake up, should be 97.7-97.8, higher OK, 97.3 is a problem
  • see if you hit 98.6 mid-afternoon
  • more info in thyroid basics sticky