T Nation

Shaving Arms and Chest

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

But, here comes the question.

Should I just use regular shaving cream and a regular razor to shave my arms and chest?

I have tried Nair for Men and it burns a little and then my skin is red.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

waxing probably better

Can i ask why you are shaving your chest ??

Why does it matter? A lot of women prefer shaved look.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Why does it matter? A lot of women prefer shaved look. [/quote]

There was a decent thread about this a while back if memory serves me. It had discussion on the difft and best shaving devices vs. waxing etc. Maybe you can find it with a search.

There were a couple decent devices but I can’t remember their names right now. A search should bring it up though.

Laser hair removal is best.

Trimming is second best.

Shaving is third best.

Nair is slightly better than shaving if you can deal with the smell and the burning.

Waxing is going to be extremely painful if you are very hairy or have thick, dark hairs.

Choose your potion!

use an epilator

Man up and pull them out by hand…

[quote]Irn_Blz wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

But, here comes the question.

Should I just use regular shaving cream and a regular razor to shave my arms and chest?

I have tried Nair for Men and it burns a little and then my skin is red.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

I dont shave at all but if I did I would pony up the 60 bucks or so and let a professional do it. That nair stuff is crap.

inthego…your a sick puppy lol

lol id go with waxing… its not as bad as people make it out to be. as long as you dont have too much excess fat it shouldnt be too painful. besides arent you a “T-man”?? Hairs that are waxed regularly seem to lose their thickness overtime from my experience.

my advice is to find a place where you can get waxed where u feel comfortable and do it regularly(monthly) if its in ur budget. Shaving is a huge pain in the ass because you have to rinse the razor millions of times till your done and it lasts for only a few days. Nair is messy and smelly and requires more then one application in my case at least. Just make sure ur skin wont react to it too badly…

Waxing > Nair > Shaving

I would say wax if you got the money since the result will last longer. But since its so cheap and mine isn’t thick at all, I just shave it every so often.

And to whoever wants to come into the thread and say that shaving/waxing anything other than your face or neck is gay, just let it be known that girls prefer manscaping.

Shaving is bad. If you don�??t keep up with it at least a few times a week it will itch like hell, and you�??ll get lots of ingrown hairs no matter what.

If your flesh can tolerate wax, do that. If wax leaves you bleeding or covered in ingrown hairs, get an electric body shaver.

While shaving will give you a decent result, the ingrown hairs will suck and be irritating. Unless you’re doing a competition, or are going to get into the habit of actually shaving everyday you might want ot avoid that option. My brother did the whole laser thing on his torso. Took about a year’s worth of treatments until they were done, and I’m sure it cost a buncha dough.

Nair is a load of crap, and while it won’t give you the perfect results you hope for, it will most likely give you a nice irritation and resulting rash afterwards.

I’ve just used a hair buzzer without any addd attachments for years. It cuts the hairs so damn short that you barely see them, and if you want, afterwards, you can take a plain razor to any ‘special’ areas you want.

S

[quote]inthego wrote:
Man up and pull them out by hand…[/quote]

Ah yes, ala Franco Columbo.

Use a pair of large pliers. Vice-grips are better still. If you want things to move more quickly, use aluminum aircraft tape. It won’t leave anything behind, including dead skin.

Just a Q; Why the interest in shaving your body? Unless you’re a dead sexy woman, what need is there to shave?

I would think that at most a bodybuilder in competition would be the only men who would need the shaving/hair removal, unless you’re striving to look like the poser at my work who shaves his entire body like a little bitch, gets his eyebrows done like a little fag, and gets his fingernails clear coated because, you know, even Army guys need to look pretty in the heat of combat.

Just a peeve, for the sake of it all.

Drink beer and hump strippers

Be a man and leave the chest hair.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Be a man and leave the chest hair.[/quote]

Yup. Who wants to look like a 12 year old boy? To please the ladies? Fuck that. I’m a man and I have a hairy chest and mildly hairy shoulders.

I personally find a bar of soap (dove) that suds up rather well efficent enough to shave the chest and arms.

I also use a nair like product for the hair that tries to sprout up on my back and shoulders.

I have no issues at all with ingrown hairs.

Any 3 bladed razor. Spread some body wash/soap over your chest and shave away.