T Nation

Shaved Heads = Looking Strong?

Damn it push you beat me to it. Although I was going to suggest that Conan sure would have looked silly bald.

I am 6’6" and about 285. I have a shaved head and, sad to say, this does frighten some people, especially kids.

Then again, it truly helps if you teach high school. :>

Shaved? Hell, my bald head is au natural.

It’s the solar panel for my sex drive.

At 45 years of age I’m lucky to still have my hair so it’s going to stay there until it falls out on it’s own.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I don’t know what to say.

Is this like putting a sticker of some performance parts manufacturer on my car window and gaining 10 horse power?

[/quote]

ROFL!

Shaved head + goatee = guy who’s a pussy at heart trying to look tough.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
Shaved head + goatee = guy who’s a pussy at heart trying to look tough.[/quote]

Hey, fuck you.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:

How many of you guys are there? I mean guys like this who try to psychoanalyze every single person they come across. I shave my head almost daily. If I happen to grow my beard into a goatee, all of sudden this act makes me a pussy trying to look tough? Could you do me a favor and begin telling this to some of those guys. Since they are all pussies, you have nothing to worry about.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
Shaved head + goatee = guy who’s a pussy at heart trying to look tough.

Could you do me a favor and begin telling this to some of those guys. Since they are all pussies, you have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

haha…I’d love to have someone tell me that to my face.

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
I could be 140 pounds, and have a 95 pound bench press, yet if I had a shaved head, I would look strong as hell. [/quote]

I’d think poor guy, as sick an dying as he is @least he is trying to still stay in shape;or your a newb.

Bald head,goatee,beard whatever alott’a guys just keep it that way for ease of care.Nothing more nothing less.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:

Go to a powerlifting meet and say this. Since none of those guys train for any sports, they lack “functional strength.” Thus you will easily be able to kick their asses. (Especially if you started watching the UFC.)

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but closer-cropped hair makes your chest look bigger. Schwarzenegger pointed this out in his encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding.

Two funny things happened when, years ago, I shaved my head and grew a goatee. Friends I hadn’t seen in months were literally startled when I approached them. They did not recognize and were somewhat freaked out. A couple of weeks later I was in a club, and a girl came up and said: “My girlfriends dared me to go talk to the mean guy.”

I personally like the look, and if my job didn’t require me to not keep up appearances, I’d go with it.

I love keeping my hair really short, as in a #1 buzz all over. People always say “you look like a cop!” I take that to mean I look more intimidating, which I like. My fiancee doesn’t like me shaved down though.

By the way, I buzz it because my hairline started retreating from the front line a few years ago. I think that if you are balding, short hair looks the best. No point in trying to hide it by growing your hair longer, I always say.

I think that it depends on the person-

Thank about the toughest people you know, and figure out the kind of hair they have. I have a very large, mean looking friend at the college gym that has robert redford style hair.

Personally, I set at about 205, and most people that are bald and smaller then me I think look stupid.

And, in my humble opinion, what looks the worst- Those individuals that grow a giant hairball on just their chin. Not a real goatee, not a beard, but just a ball of scraglly crap. I hate seeing that shit on people, don’t ask me why.

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
This tennis pro suddenly became a legend when he shaved his head; I forgot his name.[/quote]

Well he’s obviously not a legend if you can’t remember his name!

I love my look when my head is shaved, it was also a lot easier to maintain. Unfortunately my gf hated it, so alas I have hair now.

It didn’t make me look stronger, it apparently made me look like a thug.

The years have taken most of my hair, the razor takes what’s left.

I’ve been told I look like a criminal.
So, every criminal is now tall and bald? Go figure…

I think attitude counts far more. A good attitude to life and people makes people overlook the more obvious physical traits.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:

I’m shocked to learn that I am just a big pussy trying to look tough. I’m glad I found out before some badass with hair gave me a beat-down.

I will shave my goatee but not my head starting today.

I know shaving my head adds at least 10% to all my lifts. And I’m able to chew glass. And “na, na, na, nails.”