Sharp Pinching Pain in Waist While Squatting

Hi,

I am getting this very sharp pain that feels like my skin is being pinched while squating. I just recently got back into squating after not doing them for like a year/year-and-a-half. But I use to squat high reps for wrestling (about 30 or 40ish) and managed to do so with about 190lbs.

However, I can’t seem to get past 255lbs, especially without this nagging pain about where my waist is. Oh one other thing, it starts at the bottom and gets worse as I lift upwards.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Are you wearing a belt? If so, could it be the belt pinching you?

Where at on your waist? You may have broke your form doing that many reps and pinched a nerve in your back. Be more specific.

[quote]redroast wrote:
Are you wearing a belt? If so, could it be the belt pinching you?[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking too. But, I moved the belt up ward away from the pain (In the front part of my waist just below my abdomen). Im going to try squating again later tonight but this time Im going to try limbering up a bit before the lift as opposed to afterward.

Thanks for the posts though :).

[quote]dsg wrote:
redroast wrote:

Thats what I was thinking too. But, I moved the belt up ward away from the pain (In the front part of my waist just below my abdomen). Im going to try squating again later tonight but this time Im going to try limbering up a bit before the lift as opposed to afterward.

[/quote]

I used to get this a long time ago. The belt pinches a nerve in the front of your waist/pelvis. I believe it went away when I changed belts or didn’t wear one.

[quote]danjo228 wrote:
dsg wrote:
redroast wrote:

I used to get this a long time ago. The belt pinches a nerve in the front of your waist/pelvis. I believe it went away when I changed belts or didn’t wear one.[/quote]

Ya know, that makes sense, because I tried squating again and the samething happened as before dispite the extra stretching and warming up. In the past I was using a leather one the one Im currently using is made of nylon. What kind of belt do you use btw. Oh and, thanks for the advise!