Sharp Lower Back Pain, Numb Toe on Occasion

I am pretty sure I injured my back a few month’s back squeezing out a few extra reps while deadlifting. It’s a sharp pain in the lower left side only of my back which I feel when bending over, getting out of bed, getting in and out of the car etc… Also on some days I notice the tip and bottom of my big toe going in and out of numbness on occasion. Kind of feels like pins and needles, maybe once or twice a week.

I’ve completely stopped deadlifting for the last two month’s to see if it heals itself as in the past most of my injuries seem to disappear after a few weeks however this one seems to be taking much longer to go away. It does get worse the next few days after I squat which I am still able to do about 80% of my max.

I am wondering if anyone else out there has has anything similar and if so how long did it take to subside. Alos if there was anything specific that was done to help???

Sounds like a bulging/injured disc. Isn’t a career ending issue, and it’s very treatable + it’s become a pandemic luckily and treatment is very prudent. Go see a chiro/sports physio I guess.