T Nation

Share Your Tattoo Pics

After posting several comments on other threads about tattoos and opinions on tattoos i thought it might kick ass for t’ers to post pics of thier own tattoos.

I got this tattoo today, number 28. It’s from an illustration of the Angel Of Death. Took about 2 hours… and it hurt like nothing i have ever felt before!

(the other threads if u wanna see what else i wrote about tattoos)

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=972853&pageNo=0

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1436133&pageNo=0#1436953

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1432749&pageNo=0

Really, 2 hours for something that looks about 10 to 12 inches in length? That’s fast.

I have a spread winged eagle that’s about the size of a baseball and it took 4 hours. And an armband I designed myself that took 3 hours.

What’s the significance to you in having the angel of death on your torso? NTTAWWT, if that’s what floats your boat, but I often wonder what the driving force is behind peoples design choices.

For example; my Eagle is my tribute to my mother who has passed and my armband is rope intertwined with my partners and kids names representing the bond of our family. It has Eagle feathers attached which has relevance for me too.

Just curious…

BTW, those red ones near your armpits, how the hell did you put up with the pain of that? That bloody hurts… that’s a soft spot right there.

[quote]duke wrote:
BTW, those red ones near your armpits, how the hell did you put up with the pain of that? That bloody hurts… that’s a soft spot right there.[/quote]

My artist is one of the best i have ever seen work! Shes AMAZING fast and amazingly detailed… iguess thats what happens after years and years of art school. Plus i dont move when she’s doing them.

The Angel Of Death comes from the children’s book “Yakov and the Seven Thieves”, the image itself is based on the idea that the Angel of Death, is still indeed an angel and an agent of G-d, not to be feared, but as a part of life, just as free will and ego are. HOWEVER in the story the prayers of seven eveil men open the Gates Of Heaven and change the fate of a small sick boy from illness and death, into a long healthy life. I like what that says and means… that no matter who you are, or what you’ve done, one non-selfish, non-ego driven, and pure act goes a long long way.

As for the red snake and dragon, those hurt a LOT less then say the ones on my feet or even the Angel tattoo.

Another view…

Nice lookin’ tattoos man. I’ve wanted one for 10 years now, but haven’t been able to figure out what I want.

And if it’s going to be with me for the rest of my life I want to make sure that it means something now and will mean something 40 years from now!

Snake.

[quote]got_beer? wrote:
Snake.[/quote]

NICE!!!

[quote]Agent Frost wrote:
got_beer? wrote:
Snake.

NICE!!![/quote]

Thanks. There is a guy in NJ who I highly recommend.

www.fullcoveragetattoos.com

To the OP: 2 hours for all that work is unheard of! She must be putting ink into you with a jackhammer and garden hose.

got_beer?

[quote]got_beer? wrote:
Snake.[/quote]

VERY nice…

I usually only show this to my closest friends…

Once I get jacked (haha) I am going ot get a koi fish on my back. Everyone in my family are tattoo Enthusiasts from my sister has a few, uncles had sleeves and back/chest coverd, last time i heard my cousin has 28, hell my grandmother has an angel on her shoulder Im the only one with out any.

This is one I had done last year while in Thailand.

Sean

[quote]got_beer? wrote:
Agent Frost wrote:
got_beer? wrote:
Snake.

NICE!!!

Thanks. There is a guy in NJ who I highly recommend.

www.fullcoveragetattoos.com

To the OP: 2 hours for all that work is unheard of! She must be putting ink into you with a jackhammer and garden hose.

got_beer?[/quote]

Swear to G-d! She is one of the most amazing workers i have ever seen. Her day starts at about 12, she closes at 9… she can sometimes bang out as many as 12 tattoos in that time.

The actual tattooing took about 2 hours, the transferring of the image from the book to stencil and things… editing the image changing this that and the other took about 45 min.

The Elektra tattoo on my left arm took MAYBE and hour, and all the Madonna images on my right arm, a total of 5 now, took maybe 6 hours combined, and that includes one color portrait from “Confessions On A Dance Floor” and one rendering of Madonna from the “Nothing Really Matters” video that i found at www.heage.com

She is 2 hours north of me and when i make an appointment to see her it’s usually 2 months out she gets that booked. Most of my family has gone to her, and i almost always take friends to her to get tattooed as well, and then they also become loyal customers… even with a 2 hour drive.

She is also preparing to show some of her work in several galleries and im hoping to get her to show down here in Columbus Ohio.

Her staff is ALSO amazingly talented! All of them have won visual art awards, have families and kids and such. All of them are certified in CPR, adult first aid, and blood born pathogens information by the Red Cross (she brings the Red Cross in for the training), and there are letters EVERYWHERE from the Stark County Health Department saying how amazing the place is!

Professional Tattoo
2707 Fulton Dr NW
Canton, Ohio 44718
ph 330.452.8044

(sorry for the shameless plug :slight_smile: )

[quote]sjoconn wrote:

Sean[/quote]

I REALLY like that!!!

Whats the name of the “animal”? It looks a lot like the Chinese ChiLin… but obviously its Thai.

sjoconn wrote:

Sean

I REALLY like that!!!

Whats the name of the “animal”? It looks a lot like the Chinese ChiLin… but obviously its Thai.[/quote]

It is one of the lion based animals. Its hard for me to keep track of which one it is as there are about 20 different lion based animals. I believe this one is a “Loto” though.

If you get the chance to be in Chiang Mai, Thailand; then check out Ugly at Naga Tattoo, He does some damn fine work.

Sean

After posting several comments on other threads about tattoos and opinions on tattoos i thought it might kick ass for t’ers to post pics of thier own tattoos.

I got this tattoo today, number 28. It’s from an illustration of the Angel Of Death. Took about 2 hours… and it hurt like nothing i have ever felt before!

(the other threads if u wanna see what else i wrote about tattoos)

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=972853&pageNo=0

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1436133&pageNo=0#1436953

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1432749&pageNo=0[/quote]

dude, that is some killer ink. I just got both my ribs done last week, so I feel your pain lol.

siamese snakes

black widow

kanji - judo (gentle way)