T Nation

Shannon Sharpe...the Bodybuilder

When I was watching the CBS football broadcast yesterday at halftime I heard one of the other commentators mention that the food they had was good, even for the bodybuilder (talking about Sharpe). Something along those lines

I heard of Sharpe attending Mr. O and I remember his EAS work. Do any of you guys know how involved he is in the sport? Does or did he compete?

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
When I was watching the CBS football broadcast yesterday at halftime I heard one of the other commentators mention that the food they had was good, even for the bodybuilder (talking about Sharpe). Something along those lines

I heard of Sharpe attending Mr. O and I remember his EAS work. Do any of you guys know how involved he is in the sport? Does or did he compete?[/quote]

He certainly trains like a Bodybuilder, and walks around at about 5% bodyfat I believe.

www.flexonline.com/training/84

He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.[/quote]

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!

CT,

Wasn’t there speculation about Boston’s massive HGH use? I remember him coming back after a year (I think that was the time frame), 50 pounds heavier and still running the SAME 40 yd dash. His cheekbones had changed, too.

Not to be the ‘but he juiced!’ guy…just wondering if that’s something you and others saw or at least heard about.

Boston is a wall of concrete.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
CT,

Wasn’t there speculation about Boston’s massive HGH use? I remember him coming back after a year (I think that was the time frame), 50 pounds heavier and still running the SAME 40 yd dash. His cheekbones had changed, too.

Not to be the ‘but he juiced!’ guy…just wondering if that’s something you and others saw or at least heard about.

Boston is a wall of concrete.[/quote]

I believe he was also suspended for failing a drug test, if memory serves me correct.

This was the best pic I could find…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I believe he was also suspended for failing a drug test, if memory serves me correct.[/quote]

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
CT,

Wasn’t there speculation about Boston’s massive HGH use? I remember him coming back after a year (I think that was the time frame), 50 pounds heavier and still running the SAME 40 yd dash. His cheekbones had changed, too.

Not to be the ‘but he juiced!’ guy…just wondering if that’s something you and others saw or at least heard about.

Boston is a wall of concrete.[/quote]

He did gain a shit load of weight in a very short time, and was suspended for steroids… but you’re right, that guy was big as hell. Looked like a linebacker catching the ball.

Shannon always looks pretty jacked when I see him on TV before football.

Boston just got too big to be an effective WR. Ended up looking like a TE out there. Became extremely injury prone as well. He was under the influence of GHB, not alcohol when he got his DUI though. Went to the CFL for a minute and now he’s out of football I think.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!
[/quote]

Granted it’s a common name, are we talking about T. Jones, Now on the Jets? The running back who’s arms could run for a first down, the guy is massive.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!

Granted it’s a common name, are we talking about T. Jones, Now on the Jets? The running back who’s arms could run for a first down, the guy is massive.
[/quote]

If you’re talking about professional RB arms… Michael Pittman.

[quote]daneq wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!

Granted it’s a common name, are we talking about T. Jones, Now on the Jets? The running back who’s arms could run for a first down, the guy is massive.

If you’re talking about professional RB arms… Michael Pittman.
[/quote]

He weighs in at about 220lbs at 6 feet tall.

That makes him way more developed than most of the people on this site who claim to train “hard”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
daneq wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!

Granted it’s a common name, are we talking about T. Jones, Now on the Jets? The running back who’s arms could run for a first down, the guy is massive.

If you’re talking about professional RB arms… Michael Pittman.

He weighs in at about 220lbs at 6 feet tall.

That makes him way more developed than most of the people on this site who claim to train “hard”.[/quote]

He’s a thick 220 at that. Dude’s got some guns.

Yah Michael Pitman, king of arms in football…Holy shit

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He was always into bodybuilding and attended many of the shows, just like Triple H.

He trains like one…contrary to what some authors might have you believe about athletes.

Karl Malone is similar.

Thomas Jones and David Boston also comes to mind as does about 1/2 of the Cardinals football team… you could make a full bodybuilding line-up with those guys!
[/quote]

Man, Thomas Jones is jacked. Too bad the bears decided cedric benson was there future.

That pic of Pittman at Hoe Bowl is minutes from my house.

Cool.