Shannon Sharpe Article in NYT

See recent article on Shannon Sharpe. I have to give him credit for his commitment

“Meals number four and five might be turkey or chicken again, or six ounces of bison meatballs, or sea bass and a side of fibrous vegetables.”

Bison meatballs. These darned blacks and their spending habits. Lol

He’s probably the only commentator who could comfortably sit in front of the camera in a wife-beater, if he wanted to.

[quote]archiewhittaker wrote:

He’s probably the only commentator who could comfortably sit in front of the camera in a wife-beater, if he wanted to.

[/quote]

Jimmy Johnson has him beat. He went on national tv without a shirt on.

He’s been a fan of bodybuilding since the late 80’s and was known to attend most shows like the Olympia.

Karl Malone is the same way.

I may be mistaken (don’t follow sports at all), but wasn’t he affiliated with EAS back in the day?

S

He was affiliated with EAS, like Romanowski.

I remember when Muscle Media, the Bill Phillips’ magazine, did an article on Shannon Sharpe’s workouts.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I may be mistaken (don’t follow sports at all), but wasn’t he affiliated with EAS back in the day?

S[/quote]

Yes. He was the poster boy for their mixable creatine product back in the day and Met-Rx. He was one of thew few football players who set up his lifting routine to match more of a bodybuilding setup. His brother is into bodybuilding as well.

Yeah, Shannon Sharpe is an OG in terms of American athletes that trained for their sport with a bodybuilder mindset.