Weight 245
Stairs of doom
100 flights
22 minutes
5 minute cool down

Elliptical
20 minutes

15 minutes sauna.

I noticed today that my knee doesn’t hurt, like at all. Which is very odd. I usually have some kind of pain in it daily. Interesting that I Deload and my knee doesn’t hurt.

I think I need to rethink my leg days. Possibly cut volume and weight. I hate to think of stopping 531 and adding weight to the bar but my knee feels great today and I really miss this feeling.

4 Likes

Try cutting out the leg presses for awhile and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

I think I am going to cut weight and sets on those and extensions and see how it feels. :+1:

1 Like

Nice cardio day yesterday Shane. As for your knee, I noticed a huge difference when I changed two things in the last few years.

1. Decreasing volume on squats and deads. I usually do no more than 30 total reps for those two lifts on heavy days (5-3-1). I rarely ever do sets of more than 5 reps.

2. Moved out of our 3 story house into a ranch (no stairs). I had no idea how bad the stairs were hurting my knees until we moved here. Probably not something you can easily change but its worth noting.

To the other gentleman’s point, I noticed that (after many years of not doing them) leg press and similar machines definitely seem to put more emphasis on the quads (and therefore stress the knees more). I usually move my feet all the way to the top of the foot pad to try and put more emphasis on the hamstrings/glutes (less stress on the knees). Similar to choosing low bar squats rather than high bar.

1 Like

Thanks Trent. Those are also great ideas. My house is a ranch on a basement, but my driveway sits 13 stairs below my front door so there is no getting rid of my stairs. LoL

I also like to do my leg press with my feet high for the exact same reason. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deload

Weight 245

HS Incline press

12 x 90 per side

6 x 115

Pendlay row

5 x 135

5 x 185

HS OHP

12 x 45 per side

12 x 70

LF Fixed Lat Pull-down

12 x 160

10 x 190

Seated DB Shrugs

15 x 70

15 x 80

Dips

BB Curls

35 x bar

DB Laterals

12 x 30

FacePulls

20 x 42.5

HS MTS Ab crunch

20 x 80

20 x 80

15 minutes sauna

That’s it. Going to the UGA and Tennessee game tomorrow. Hopefully we win.

7 Likes

That is frickin awesome man! What a game!

Good job on that session today. You were definitely stretching the limits of a deload session. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Trent. Yeah it should be a good game. Vegas has us winning by more than a touchdown. Hope they are right.

Saturday Cardio
Weight 244
Peloton

Trent this ride was a different zone ride. 2 minutes in zone 5. I usually say I only use 5 zones but this one made me find all 7 zones because there was no way I was riding all out for 2 minutes straight. :weary:

It also has some zone 6 30 second intervals at the end.

2nd pic should give a good idea of what zone rides look like.

5 Likes

As a dietitian by trade, I can tell you that you might be surprised. I think there are predominantly two types of people - those that have ZERO clues (as in thinking fruit snacks count as fruit and pickles are a solid vegetable choice) and those that know just enough to be dangerous… It’s a wild and crazy world out there. lol

3 Likes

Nice ride Shane. Yeah, it looks like a lower intensity interval ride to me. If your HR never went over 147 the entire time you were probably more in fat burning mode (at least according to the bike at the gym :joy:) I’ve been doing interval rides at the gym where my HR goes back and forth from 145 to 175 the entire time. Probably more like intense cardio, but not as good for fat burning. I’m not a dietitian, but I stayed at a Holiday Express a few hundred times. :joy:

Looks like your Dawgs should be back atop the totem poll pretty soon. They took care of business today .

1 Like

Then you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you Trent. Yeah I don’t know if my legs could handle getting my heart rate up in the 170s. I think my body is pretty conditioned to riding the bike and my heart rate rarely goes much above 155. Same thing with the rower. I know back when I ran I would average 155 to 160ish so it will go there it’s just I think my muscles wear out before my heart rate will go that high.

Athens was nuts man. Loudest I have heard that place start to finish.

2 Likes

You forgot Ketchup!

2 Likes

And beer!

2 Likes

Beer is fermented - so, probiotics. #health :wink:

1 Like

Upper A

Weight 247

BB Bench press (531)

TM 240

15 x 95

5 x 135

5 x 165

5 x 185

5 + 205 (10) 1RM 273

Chest supported DB Rows

12 x 85

12 x 85

Bump to 90s

HS Shoulder Press

20 x 45 per side (warm up)

10 x 90

8 x 90

HS fixed Lat pulls

12 x 205

12 x 205

Dips

Cable Curls

12 x 17.5 per side to light

12 x 22.5

8 x 27.5

HS Double Crunch

25 x 80

20 x 100

15 x 100

Machine Fly

12 x 220

12 x 230

Bump weight

Seated DB shrugs(lean forward hold at top)

10 x 80s

12 x 80s

60 minutes.

That’s it.

6 Likes

That’s a good amount of work in 60 minutes. Looks like you won the bench press at 205 contest. :joy: Tons of strong sets in that session. Way to get it done!

1 Like

Thanks Trent. I moved through this one pretty quickly. I like the 2 hard sets idea on some of these movements.

1 Like

Tuesday cardio
Weight 247
Concept 2 rower
35 minutes
8250 meters.

That’s it.

5 Likes