Shane54 Goes Wild: RAW 770 @ 18

hi fellows,

today was my day…

today’s training: GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!!

DEADLIFT, RAW:
1x660 2x704 2x726 1.5x748 1x770

romanian deadlift: 3x396 3x440 3x484 (easy going)
lat pulldown: 5x10

conclusion: I think I’m on the right track…

my train partner took videos of each set. unfortunately I will get the vids just tomorrow.

what do you think about that?

regards
shane54

insane lifting. cgrats.

You’re only a year older than me, and have more than double my deadlift.

How long have you been doing it for, and what weight did you start out at?

[quote]shane54 wrote:
what do you think about that?
[/quote]
Not much - I lift double what you lift in each lift & I’m only 12.

I think Gulledge is younger and stronger. And I think you may not be telling the truth, but I’ll reserve judgement there til you post your videos.

Yeah sure but… How much can ya bench???

Nice numbers. Post those vids when you get a chance and keep up the good work.

Not fuckin’ likely.

The top Men’s Teen (18-19) deadlift for 2005 in the USAPL was just about 650.

So you’re saying you’ve got a world record deadlift for your age?

dont know where you got that info, but kyle gulledge pulled around the 800 mark when he was 18. even so… not very likely, but lets see that video.

there was a crazy video circulating somewhere of some teenage pulling 700 plus RAW(maybe it was here) and i could not believe my eyes.

btw, i am also a sceptic of internet number claims(remember the deadlift thread, about half the people posting pulled over 550-600 RAW under 200lbs of bodyweight, HA!) funny, on that thread, i was the ONLY one who posted a video, maybe a few people posted pics, but none of the more outlandish numbers had pics or video to back it up.

that being said, there are a lot of very strong people out there who lift insane numbers, and choose not to compete. so just because the national records are “x”, does not mean some freak in thier garage gym somewhere can’t lift “y”.

in other words i doubt it, but if he posts a video i will be pleasantly suprised and proven very wrong.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1267633&pageNo=1#1287580

i think we have a winner!

crazy strong.

If you can really do that you should compete, the USAPL American record for 18-19 of any weight class is 710 and the IPF World Record is 740, so you would be in a league all by yourself. Those records are also with Gear so it being raw is even crazier.

I stand corrected, but like I said dude, that’s a CRAZY deadlift, go compete and set some records.

And congrats are in order.

Awesome. Well done bro. I’m delighted someone on here actually backed up their claim. I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but it’s still not quite 3x bw. Looking at the 330 pull tho you’s so close. Just keep at it and go set some recrods.

How do you train…?

[quote]t-ha wrote:
Not much - I lift double what you lift in each lift & I’m only 12.
[/quote]
Well shit on me - sorry for the skeptisism, but this is the internet after all.

Good job man.

Just for the record:
He’s the guy whose last video with a 748lbs deadlift I posted some time ago.

He is competing in Austria and breaking his own national records again and again for almost a year I guess…

[quote]meddl wrote:
Just for the record:
He’s the guy whose last video with a 748lbs deadlift I posted some time ago.

He is competing in Austria and breaking his own national records again and again for almost a year I guess…[/quote]

REALLY!!! look two-three posts up.

3x bwt. deadlifts aren’t all that rare. In my profile, there is a poor quality pic of me doing just that. I was wearing a power suit but I’ve done it raw as well.

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
3x bwt. deadlifts aren’t all that rare. In my profile, there is a poor quality pic of me doing just that. I was wearing a power suit but I’ve done it raw as well.[/quote]

Yea, but you’re one of the strongest guys on the net.

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
3x bwt. deadlifts aren’t all that rare. In my profile, there is a poor quality pic of me doing just that. I was wearing a power suit but I’ve done it raw as well.[/quote]

You are right, at lighter weights 3x bw isn’t that rare, even 4x bw is doable, but with the heavier weights it becomes more rare. A 275’er doing 3x bw will be world class. Strength does not increase linearly with an increase in body size.

videos:

I lost the video of 2x726…

regards