Shane’s Journal

Thank you Trent. I am hoping I can continue to push through this and figure it out. I have been adding box squats to my routine and I might switch completely over to them but I would like to hit 315 on squats again before making the switch. It’s all going to depend on my body though, I am not going to push through a lot of pain and risk injury just to hit a number.

Weekend was great. Bill crushed it, and all my teams won. :slight_smile:

Sunday

Weight 260.8

Peloton Ride

30 minutes

9.09 miles

10 minute cool down

2 Likes

Glad to hear that the comedy show was good and all your teams won. Doesn’t get much better than that! The Panthers have gone to complete sh!t the last few weeks. I know they lost McCaffery but geez… The O-Line is non-existent and Darnold is throwing multiple interceptions every game now. Sorry, just lamenting…

Solid work on that Peloton ride. Not sure if I’ll have the money for one of those anytime soon but that would be a great change of pace from running.

1 Like

Shoulder/Biceps

Deload

Weight 260

Lat Raises

15 x 20 x 2

Seated BB OHP

5 x bar

5 x 65

5 x 85

DB Curls

10 x 30 x 2

Incline DB OHP

12 x 40 x 2

Seated Shrugs

20 x 40 x 2

Facepulls

20 x black band x 2

20 minutes.

4 Likes

Yeah man it was a great weekend, it helped the Falcons had a bye. :rofl:

If you want a change up, you can get an actual Bike for a hell of a lot cheaper than a peloton and it’s probably more effective.

Sorry about the Panthers, our teams are both in a fight to see who can get the best draft pick!

Deads Deload

Weight 260.4

Deads

5 x 185

5 x 225

5 x 275

Chest supported Db Rows

12 x 50 x 2

Mag medium grip lat pulls

12 x 140 x 2

OH Tricep rope

20 x 42.5 x 2

HS ISO front pull down (underhand)

12 x 70 per side x 2

LF seated tricep press

20 x 120 x 2

28 minutes

6 Likes

Here I was getting excited about almost doing as much on deads as you and saw you are on a deload week… :joy: Way to get it done brother. Yeah, a bike would be nice. That may be a death sentence around here though. :flushed:

1 Like

LoL. Thank you Trent. Deads have always been my best lift.

Yeah you definitely need a good place to ride a bike if you decided to buy one.

Wednesday

Cardio

Weight 259.0

5K Row

21:17

Slow 5K row on the rower today. Broke a sweat and watched some Netflix.

4 Likes

I see I’m not the only one who did cardio this morning. Nice job Shane! Yeah, we live in the most dangerous county in NC for driving. Below is a list of items that makes it so bad:

-Poorly designed road system
-Overly populated area
-Lots of (drunk) tourists
-Lots of (drunk) college kids
-Lots of (drunk) locals
-Barely any sidewalks/multi-use paths

To make a long story short, biking down here is suicide… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yep both of us out here crushing some calories today.

Sorry to hear about the riding conditions. I take it for granted with all the great bike trails that I have around my house. I would trade them for the beach though so you got me there! :sunglasses:

Chest

Deload

Weight 259.0

BP

5 x 95

5 x 135

5 x 175

Reverse curls

10 x green band x 2

Incline Db BP

12 x 40 x 2

DB Curls

6 x 40 x 2

DB Fly

12 x 40 x 2

20 minutes

7 Likes

Solid work on the deload session Shane. Glad to see you continuing to stoop down to my level on weight. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you Trent. LoL. I wish that were true.

Deload

Friday weigh in

Goal 259. Something

Actual 258.8. Check

Box squats

5 x bar x 2

5 x 95

5 x 135 x 2

5 x 155

1 x 185

1 x 225

Leg Press

12 x 2PPS

12 x 3PPS

RDL

10 x 135

10 x 185

Leg Extensions

12 x 100 x 2

35 minutes

That’s it for Deload week. Right hip is still sore which is why I tried to do some singles on box squats to see how they felt. I am going to see how my hip feels next Friday. If it’s still bothering me I will run box squats next cycle.

5 Likes

Good job today Shane. Sorry to hear about the lingering hip pain. Box squats should help with that. I’m thinking of starting Calvin Ridley in my weekly fantasy league this weekend. So far this season it looks like he’s been much quieter but still gets a fair amount of targets. Miami’s pass defense is pretty bad so I’m thinking he might have a good game.

1 Like

Thank you Trent. I am hoping so. I am going pretty wide with knees out on my box squats so it does still put some pressure on my hip, but I might switch that out too.

IDK what is up with Calvin this year. I think it is he benefited a lot more from Julio being double and triple covered than people realized.

Sunday
Peloton
30 minutes
244 kJ
9.6 miles

10 minute cool down.

Stayed up late watching the Braves beat the Dodgers. Finally going back to the World Series. Crazy because this team was horrible for the first part of the year. Hopefully we can beat the Astros, pretty sure everyone except fans of Astros are pulling for us to beat them.

4 Likes

Nice job on the Peloton ride. I’m just happy that the World Series is going to take place in Atlanta and Houston (after the All-Star game debacle).

1 Like

Thanks Trent. I completely agree. Them taking the Allstar game out of Atlanta was some bullshit. At least we got the last laugh. Baseball TV is now stuck in Texas and Georgia. Hahaha

1 Like