Shane’s Journal

Good looking workout Shane. That’s interesting doing back and triceps on the same day. I’ve never tried that before but maybe I’ll give it a go at some point.

Nice job on the rides. It’s always good to get one of those in, even if just for cooldown.

Good luck on the weather man. Hopefully you get some sun at the beach.

Thank you Greg. Doing back with triceps and biceps with shoulders gives me a sneaky way of working arms twice a week. :slight_smile:

I hope we get some sunshine. Last year the pool was freezing. Hoping for best!

Nice job on today’s session and the Peloton rides. I’m glad you “kept it light” on deads. :thinking: Would love to hit those numbers once in a while. Smart move on working out at home to avoid the plague. I would do the same thing. Hopefully the weather holds up. I always wondered why you guys go to the beach during hurricane season. At the least, you are likely to get rain. At worst, you may get a hurricane. I think late June is a good time to go. Summer isn’t really in full swing yet. Usually you can get decent weather and it is exactly 6 months from Christmas so it spaces out the vacations pretty evenly. Either way, I am hoping for good weather for you brother. Lord knows you deserve a vacation. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you Trent. Deads have always been my best lift out of the big 3.

We go down during my son’s fall break and prior to that my wife and her sister started the late summer trip to the beach tradition. The first 4 years the weather was beautiful, only the last 2 years has it been iffy. June sounds like a good idea. We are probably doing Disney in February next year so not sure how it’s all going to work out.

Didn’t get my work in on Friday. I am at the beach.

See y’all when I get back. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Enjoy the beach! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Trent.

So far we have lucked out on the weather. Low 80s with a slight breeze today.

1 Like

Looks gorgeous brother. Hope the good weather continues. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you Trent. We ended up having the best weather we have had since going. :man_shrugging:

Definitely got lucky! As usual though they go by way to fast.

Sunday
Peloton
45 minute zone ride
344 KJ
13.24 miles
500ish cals

10 minute cool down ride.

Back to it. Gained my usual 8 to 10 pounds on vacation. It should be gone by Friday.

2 Likes

Nice job on the bike ride. Glad to hear that the weather held up! Yeah, we now live about 30 minutes from where we have vacationed for the last 5 years and are trying to figure out where to go next year. Ha ha…

1 Like

Thank you Trent. The area we go is really nice. We go to down to Rosemary Beach in Fla. Easy drive for us. 5.5 hours and we are there. Good food and really nice beaches. Not good for surfing though.

Monday Shoulders/Biceps

Weight 260

Standing DB Lat Raises

15 x 20

15 x 30

15 x 30

15 x 30

15 x 30

531 BB OHP

TM 135

5 x 50 (seated at home)

5 x 65

3 x 95

5 x 105

5 + 115 (10)

BB Curls

20 x bar

12 x 65

9 x 85

10 x 85

10 x 85 took video. Form looks ok

8 x 95 video looks ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yIWzrTbVig

8 x 95

DB OHP (4 on incline bench)

20 x 50

20 x 50

16 x 50

16 x 50

Incline Bench DB Curls

3 sets Amrap x 30

65 minutes

3 Likes

Nice strong high pulls in the vid.

1 Like

Nice looking upper body session Shane. I agree, those high pulls look good. They remind me more of a hang clean at the bottom.

1 Like

Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Trent. I am pretty sure that high pulls are the start of the hang clean. IDK, I always forget what is what when talking about weightlifting movements. LoL.

Tuesday Deads/back and Triceps

Weight 258

Deads

TM 365

5 x 150

5 x 185

3 x 225

5 x 245

5 x 275

5 + 315 (6) plenty left. Took it easy today

CG pin presses

8 x 135

5 x 185

5 x 225

3 x 250

1 x 250

2 x 250

Chest Supported DB Rows

12 x 60

12 x 70

12 x 70

OH Tricep Rope

20 x 30 light

20 x 42.5

12 x 57.5

11 x 57.5

Mag Medium Grip Lat pulls

10 x 160

10 x 160

10 x 160

8 x 160

Rear delt cables

Amrap x 15 x 3 sets

61 minutes

Arms were toast from yesterday’s workout. Back pulling exercises reflected this with drop in numbers. No biggie though, back still got good work.

4 Likes

Ha ha, I bet your arms were beat! Still a heck of an effort today. Nice job on those deads. I’d love to have plenty left at that weight. :rofl: Tons of good upper body work after that too.

It was rough yesterday. My arms were cramping. Worse they have cramped in a long time. Showering, eating, it was all rough last night. LoL