Shamrock vs. Baroni

Damnit people, get off the site. :smiley:

They are showing the undercard for Strikeforce and EliteXC’s Shamrock vs. Baroni free but the site seems to be so clogged that I haven’t been able to watch a damn thing in over 20 minutes of trying.

One of the guys I train with, Rex Richards, is one of those fights so I was really pumped about getting to watch it. Doesn’t look like I’m going to.

Anyone order it?

War Baroni!

No. But I would if I had cable.

Rex won 34 seconds into the first round by TKO! I have no idea how this happened since I missed all of the fights except Stewart vs. Von Flue but I’m pretty pumped.

Paul Buentello also won his match by TKO 10 seconds into round 2.

Pretty exciting that I’ve gotten the crap kicked out of me by both of those guys. In fact I was partnered up with Rex when Paul came down to Midland for a seminar. We were trading body kicks until Paul came over to critique Rex’s technique and they both took turns turning my left side black and blue and sore for the next couple of days.

I look fat in the only pics I have from the seminar but give me a break. :wink:

Obviously that last pic was me and Buentello and this one is of me and as yet lesser known Rex Richards. (6’5" 305lbs.)

haha, actually I guess that pic with me and Paul is cropped…see if this one is better…

I still like Baroni.
I’M THE BEST EVA!!!

:slight_smile:

I did. Much better night of fights than the majority of the UFCs in the past year.

Plus, I was looking forward to Phil “He can’t hurt me, I’m the fuckin’ knock out artist” Baroni get his ass handed to him. Now we’ll have to see what excuses the Baroni fanboys will cook up.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
I did. Much better night of fights than the majority of the UFCs in the past year.

Plus, I was looking forward to Phil “He can’t hurt me, I’m the fuckin’ knock out artist” Baroni get his ass handed to him. Now we’ll have to see what excuses the Baroni fanboys will cook up.[/quote]

Well in the first round that annoying announcer kept saying he needed to clear the cobwebs from those shots to the back of the head…but I think it prolly had alot more to do with that shot that put him on his ass right before that. They may try that, but to me it’s just looking like Phil’s getting his ass kicked.

The funny thing is the first two kicks Shamrock threw I thought, WTF, is he just trying to get taken down?!?! Then they said something about him not being able to shoot because of a knee problem so I guess he’s more than willing to allow Baroni to shoot on him and let it go to the ground.

Cung Le put on a stand up clinic as well:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cung%2Ble%20vs%20tony%20fryklund/video/x2cpal_strikeforce-cung-le-vs-tony-fryklun

Well I just watched the Richards vs Seraille. It happened fast and it looked like Seraille didn’t land hardly a single punch in the short 34 seconds of the fight. Rex blasted out and he just went down. Looked more like he just wanted to quit than he was really knocked out or anything. Awesome job.

Shamrock just looks evil. He has this reptilian look to him. I have some of his vids (which are excellent, btw). One day my wife looked over my shoulder, saw him, and said, “That guy is evil.”

I pretty much agree with her take. What kind of guy rabbit punches someone when he doesn’t need to do so to win the fight. Even my wife noticed this? “Why cheat when you’re winning?” But that’s just how Shamrock is. Just a weird, evil dude.

Shamrock absolutely rubs me the wrong way, and even though Baroni runs his mouth like a 3 year old for some reason he doesn’t get to me like Frank. Of course, there I sat watching him and giving him my money so I guess he’s doing something right.

And that entire event was the absolute WORST commentating team I have ever heard. I can handle some bad commentary and the occasional bias of the UFC crew any day over that atrocity.

That tubby little piece of shit Glazer talking about how “Real men don’t tap. You can’t get hurt in that ring. Get choked out go have some beers” right as Phil Baroni was collapsing in the locker room was a real gem.

Goldberg gives the worst fucking interviews I have ever seen, and I don’t know what was up with the Hebrew and jew jokes? And Mauro is so fucking stupid about MMA without Bas there to walk him along it’s sad.

And during the Ninja fight:
Glazer: “I think Shogun’s getting the better of the striking”
Maruo: “Ninja drops Joey”
Goldberg: “I don’t think so!!!”

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Shamrock absolutely rubs me the wrong way, and even though Baroni runs his mouth like a 3 year old for some reason he doesn’t get to me like Frank. Of course, there I sat watching him and giving him my money so I guess he’s doing something right.[/quote]

You’re a sophisticated fan, so I don’t get why Shamrock “rubs you the wrong way.” Personally, I don’t care about a fighter’s attitude. Someone could come into the ring/octagon with a rose in his mouth. I wouldn’t care. I just want to see their skills.

Shamrock brings it. I doubt I would want to be friends with the guy. But this literally means nothing to me or whether I’d buy a PPV.

I’ve been a Frank Shamrock fan for years based on how he fights and his conditioning. The guy “looks like a fighter”. (Not that it matters aka Fedor, but I like athletes that look the part in any sport.)

I’m not the biggest fan of his antics lately though. He kinda reminds me of Kurt Angle and his All American Hero bit he played a few years back for the WWE. I think Frank firmly believes he’s the man and nobody can beat him.

As much as I’d like Shamrock to be in the UFC, its unlikely he’ll fight there while Dana White is there. (Although he did say a few years back he’d do it for a million dollars or 51% of the company).

Bodog should sign him to fight Lindland. According to MMA Weekly, he’s the best 185lbs in the world. Shamrock would have to beat him to be considered the top fighter at 185lbs.

It was a good fight, I definitely enjoyed it. It’s interesting to notice how gassed Shamrock was after the fight, he seemed to be lot more exhausted than Baroni. Good thing the fight end it in the second round and didn’t go to the distance.

[quote]DaMadMonk wrote:
Bodog should sign him to fight Lindland. According to MMA Weekly, he’s the best 185lbs in the world. Shamrock would have to beat him to be considered the top fighter at 185lbs.

[/quote]
Did I miss something? How did Lindland become the top rated 185lb fighter in the world without fighting any decent 185lb fighters? I have never really looked at MMA weekly, is this site full of it?

You guys are funny.For one thing lindland already beat Baroni.Another about Glazer saying real men dont tap out.I would like to see him put in a good Kimura and not tap.Fuck him and marlon sims(ultimate fighter 4).Frank shamrock is a bitch.Watch the Henzo gracie and shamrock fight and you will agree.

Fedor and his bro Alexander might not be all ripped but they fucking murder people in the ring.Watch any fedor fight or the james thompson alex fight or ricardo marais alex fight.Alex has the tats and is chopping down Ricardo and fedor is getting slammed on his head by eastman and still won.

[quote]gotaknife wrote:
DaMadMonk wrote:

Did I miss something? How did Lindland become the top rated 185lb fighter in the world without fighting any decent 185lb fighters? I have never really looked at MMA weekly, is this site full of it?
[/quote]

They have done some ridiculous rankings in the past. Actually I think it has gotten better. Their Lindland ranking is garbage though. I also thought them ranking Franklin as the number 1 MW was garbage also a few years back. Anderson Silva comes along and smashes their number 1 MW and somehow Lindland gets the number 1 spot…ok.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Fedor and his bro Alexander might not be all ripped but they fucking murder people in the ring.Watch any fedor fight or the james thompson alex fight or ricardo marais alex fight.Alex has the tats and is chopping down Ricardo and fedor is getting slammed on his head by eastman and still won.[/quote]

Wow, your knowledge is overwhelming. This “Fedor” you speak of must be pretty rad. I’ll have to look up his fight with Marvin Eastman.