Shamrock-Ortiz III

I just had to bump this so I see it when I check my most recent posts.

I don’t want to miss it, even though I have a good idea who’s going to win.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
I just had to bump this so I see it when I check my most recent posts.

I don’t want to miss it, even though I have a good idea who’s going to win.[/quote]

It’s not that you know WHO is going to win so much as HOW they are going to do it.

I’ll be watching too.

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
Two questions (I like MMA but I’m not gonna act like I know the in’s and out’s like some people)

1.) Why do people like Ortiz? He seems like a prick. Liddell seems way cooler and less full of himself.

2.) Is there really gonna be a Shamrock vs. Ortiz… from the sound of the thread I don’t think so…

3.) I thought Bas Rutten is retired. When did he come back - or has he always been here.

Well shit, I guess that was 3 questions…[/quote]

#1- He’s good. That’s all I can really say for him. After the last fight, Ortiz spoke of how he would love another opportunity to defeat Shamrock and went so far as to say he would become the first combatant to kill his opponent in the Octagon.

#2- Yes, it’s this tuesday free on Spike TV. 8pm ET/PT

#3- I’m pretty sure he took about a 6 year break amd did some work with FOX tv, and he did some coaching with the IFL now he’s figthing with WFA.

I am not really an Ortiz fan so I would like to see him get beat but I doubt it. I think Ortiz will kick his ass again and Shamrock will become a very bitter man. Then I hope Chuck beats the crap out of Ortiz like he did last time.

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
Two questions (I like MMA but I’m not gonna act like I know the in’s and out’s like some people)[/quote]

No problem, I love talking about it.

[quote]
1.) Why do people like Ortiz? He seems like a prick. Liddell seems way cooler and less full of himself.[/quote]

People like TO and Ali, and they act(ed) like dickheads. Tito really isn’t a bad person, the UFC needed a villian and his arrogance worked into their plans. He’s tried to “reform” his image on TUF 3, and most people see that he was just acting before.

It’s on SpikeTV tommorow night. They’ve already fought twice, both times Tito dominated him. Last time ended controversially though, as many thought the stoppage was premature.

[quote]
3.) I thought Bas Rutten is retired. When did he come back - or has he always been here.

Well shit, I guess that was 3 questions…[/quote]

Bas made a comeback against some can in the World Fighting Alliance, which held their first fight in July of this year. He’s basically just doing some fighting for shits and giggles, and wants to get in the ring against some of the other fossil dicks and put on a show.

Donut my man,I thought that shamrock won the first one a few years back.I might be mistaken though.

Personally I was pissed with the outcome of the last fight,shamrock starts bleeding a little and the ref calls it.It was utter bs,so they had better not do that again.

And I dunno If ortiz can beat Liddel,I mean the man has 2 heat seekers just waitin for ya.Everytime Liddel lands a headshot the other guy is rocked a little(if not out,depending on how much lands).However,Liddel needs to up his speed to catch Ortiz

[quote]vbm537 wrote:
I am not really an Ortiz fan so I would like to see him get beat but I doubt it. I think Ortiz will kick his ass again and Shamrock will become a very bitter man. Then I hope Chuck beats the crap out of Ortiz like he did last time.[/quote]

Then what do you want to happen? Tell us in detail each and every step you want to tak place.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
However,Liddel needs to up his speed to catch Ortiz[/quote]

He didn’t need to up his speed the first time he crushed Ortiz. Do you think that Ortiz has somehow gotten faster beating up Ken Shamrock?

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
Donut my man,I thought that shamrock won the first one a few years back.I might be mistaken though.
[/quote]

Nope, Ken came about as far as possible from beating someone in their first fight, which was at UFC 40 in November 2002. You might be thinking of his brother Frank Shamrock, who defeated Tito way back in the “dark days”, at UFC 22.

Frank Shamrock is amazing
Ken Shamrock is not

They arent even related tho.

Liddell needs to up his speed?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Liddell needs to up his speed? [/quote]

lol

Alright, let’s predict the time of death here. I’m going with Tito by referee stoppage at 3:21 of Round 1.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Alright, let’s predict the time of death here. I’m going with Tito by referee stoppage at 3:21 of Round 1.[/quote]

I say that Ken lasts into round 2. Maybe towards the end of it before getting ground & pounded without being able to defend himself.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
vbm537 wrote:
I am not really an Ortiz fan so I would like to see him get beat but I doubt it. I think Ortiz will kick his ass again and Shamrock will become a very bitter man. Then I hope Chuck beats the crap out of Ortiz like he did last time.

Then what do you want to happen? Tell us in detail each and every step you want to tak place.[/quote]

??? Not sure what you are getting at.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Alright, let’s predict the time of death here. I’m going with Tito by referee stoppage at 3:21 of Round 1.

I say that Ken lasts into round 2. Maybe towards the end of it before getting ground & pounded without being able to defend himself.[/quote]

I agree. Stoppage in round 2.

Shamrock in a close decision.

:slight_smile:

Shamrock by ankle lock submission hold after he hits Tito in head with steel chair.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
Personally I was pissed with the outcome of the last fight,shamrock starts bleeding a little and the ref calls it.It was utter bs,so they had better not do that again.
[/quote]

Not by a long shot. It was the 7 or so elbows to the head with no action on Shamrock’s part to defend himself. Brilliant call. Blood is not the only factor, I’ve seen fights were guys bleed like crazy and it wasn’t really a danger.
Herb Dean really is a great ref.

However, I think it’s official that Big John is reffing this one.

Donut: As for the outcome. Tito by GNP 2:90 1st round.

I also want to bring up Tito’s fight with Forrest. That 1st round I thought they were going to scrape Forrest out of the ring. The difference in skill was so apparent. Then Tito’s back screwed up.

(Really tired ignore the fact that I’m probably not making much sense etc. :stuck_out_tongue: )

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:
jmwintenn wrote:

Not by a long shot. It was the 7 or so elbows to the head with no action on Shamrock’s part to defend himself. Brilliant call. Blood is not the only factor, I’ve seen fights were guys bleed like crazy and it wasn’t really a danger.
Herb Dean really is a great ref.

However, I think it’s official that Big John is reffing this one.

Donut: As for the outcome. Tito by GNP 2:90 1st round.

I also want to bring up Tito’s fight with Forrest. That 1st round I thought they were going to scrape Forrest out of the ring. The difference in skill was so apparent. Then Tito’s back screwed up.

(Really tired ignore the fact that I’m probably not making much sense etc. :stuck_out_tongue: )
[/quote]

You’re not making much sense, Herb Dean sucks.

BJ Penn took 47 unanswered blows to the head by Matt Hughes before they stopped it. Gracie took 28 or 29 to the back of the head before they stopped it.

Dean jumped the gun mainly because he sucks.