Shampoo for High Testosterone Athletes

Jay cutler just posted a link to something interesting on twitter…

"Bodybuilder Shampoo doesn’t contain any of the harsh compounds used in many shampoos and it DOES does contain the things you need to give your hair the best fighting chance including Polysorbate 80, biotin and panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) which helps to increase thickness, texture and body of hair strands.

Although it was designed for bodybuilders who potentially face the biggest DHT issues, Bodybuilder Shampoo is actually completely safe and effective for all athletes and anyone leading a “high testosterone” lifestyle.

…and there’s no effort required, simply substitute it for your current shampoo.
"

Might be of interest to some of you guys:

www.testosteronehairloss.com

If cutler is endorsing it, I’d say it was legit. He does have hair after all…

What do you guys think?

[quote]pop-eye wrote:

"Bodybuilder Shampoo doesn’t contain any of the harsh compounds used in many shampoos and it DOES does contain the things you need to give your hair the best fighting chance including Polysorbate 80, biotin and panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) which helps to increase thickness, texture and body of hair strands.

Although it was designed for bodybuilders who potentially face the biggest DHT issues, Bodybuilder Shampoo is actually completely safe and effective for all athletes and anyone leading a “high testosterone” lifestyle.

"

What do you guys think?[/quote]

I don’t think endorsing it means it’s legit.

[quote]GirthBrooks wrote:

[quote]pop-eye wrote:

"

What do you guys think?[/quote]

I don’t think endorsing it means it’s legit.
[/quote]

Pretty much.

At any rate, none of the ingredients involved would be HARMFUL, but I wouldn’t rush out to make it replace your nizoral shampoo, which does have proven efficiency for MPB and is a topical anti-androgen to some degree.

The main ingredient seems to be Polysorbate 80, which was apparently an old school treatment for MPB, but of which not much evidence seems to exist for. I see various claims on forums it can reduce DHT in the scalp, but not a shred of evidence or even a suggestion of a mechanism by which it would do that.

has nizoral actually been proven to work?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
has nizoral actually been proven to work?[/quote]

yes

"Preliminary research suggests ketoconazole shampoo may be beneficial in men suffering from androgenic alopecia. Support for this comes from a study in 1998 that compared ketoconazole 2% to the proven hair loss drug minoxidil 2% in men with androgenic alopecia.[13] In a sample of 27 men, “[h]air density and size and proportion of anagen follicles were improved almost similarly by both ketoconazole and minoxidil regimens.” The men washed with ketoconazole 2% shampoo once every two to four days, leaving the shampoo on the scalp for three to five minutes before rinsing (as with the treatment of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis).[13] While ketoconazole’s mechanism of action in hair loss is still unclear, the researchers in the 1998 study postulated both hormones and the immune system may act synergistically to cause injury to the hair follicle. Since ketoconazole effectively treats the Malassezia fungus that commonly inhabits the scalp, the researchers hypothesized it may prevent hair loss by reducing inflammation from the fungus, in addition to having a direct anti-inflammatory effect. The researchers were guarded about the meaning of their results, saying more rigorous studies on larger groups of men should be done to confirm the findings, both to evaluate the ideal dosage and formulation, and to assess the desirability of routine treatment in this condition.

In 2002, a study of 150 men at the University of Liège in Belgium found 1% ketoconazole shampoo used for six months increased hair shaft diameter by 5.4%, increased anagen hair by 4.9%, and decreased hair shedding by 17.3%, although it found no effect on hair density.[14] An additional 2002 study in men with androgenetic alopecia found that a regimen of ketoconazole and finasteride was more effective than finasteride alone in treating male pattern baldness.[15] In 2005, a study of ketoconazole in mice also found support the existence of a stimulatory effect on hair growth.[16]"

There’s also a few studies not mentioned, like a Japanese one where they had good success with leaving the shampoo on overnight.

It’s certainly not a miracle worker, but it’s a damn good product to have. Cheap too.

nice! Thanks for posting that Davo. Good lad

I’ve tried it. Its a nice product. Obviously high quality shampoo and does seem to leave the scalp very clean and free from sebum (which supposedly clogs the hair follices and can make them shrink and die - or something like that). I would recommend.

I’ve tried it. Its a nice product. Obviously high quality shampoo and does seem to leave the scalp very clean and free from sebum (which supposedly clogs the hair follices and can make them shrink and die - or something like that). I would recommend.

Nizoral + Minoxidil for me. Unfortunately still seem to be gradually loosing the battle…

[quote]Mr Stern wrote:
Nizoral + Minoxidil for me. Unfortunately still seem to be gradually loosing the battle…[/quote]

Yeah as I understand it, nizoral is anti fungal and will help deal with the inflammation side of things, as well as being a weak local anti androgen, and minox will help promote some regrowth of hair due to unknown processes (lol, 20 years or some shit and they still dont know how it works), but neither will do anything to address the major problem of DHT attacking hair follicles in the scalp, which given enough time will see further reduction.

Future looks bright though, if recent research and experimental drugs on the market are anything to consider.

[quote]MAK40 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/22/breakthrough-male-baldness-cure_n_1372024.html[/quote]

The article is a bit sensationalistic.

Ive seen the studies and discussions on PGD2. All they know so far is its definitely a factor of some consideration, but not necessarily a “cure”

Its nice to know theres something to attack besides DHT, but they still dont have all the clues. Some guys have tried to inhibit PGD2 with drugs that already exist to varying degrees of success, usually not much at all. It also seems that PGD2 is necessary to some part of inducing sleep in humans, so some guys have had insomnia.

If I remember correctly this was identified as a problem early on and thats why they are focusing on a specific receptor I forget the name of.

EDIT: Lmao I love how they always try to cheer guys up with photos of bald celebrities. What? you’re telling me good looking dudes look good? HOLY SHIT.

If you dont have a square/angular jaw good luck rocking the chrome dome look.