'Shame on Canada' Missing Aboriginal Women

The federal government in Canada seems to think that the disappearance or murder of about 1,100 aboriginal women since 1980 is a domestic issue. Some of the murder victims of sex killer Willy Picton were First Nations women.

I had already thought that dire poverty and disruption of their traditional culture were more to do with it, and that the slow pace of land claims negotiations was slowing their ability to prosper much as a lot of the rest of Canadian society does.

The Europeans essentially confiscated their third of the Earth’s landmass and have left them like a whoopi cushion under the weight of dominance.

Most natives are killed by other natives. This is a fact. Their leaders have to figure this out. They don’t want help from the government, anyway.

The most fucked up policing stories I hear always come out of a guy who worked at or near a reserve.

They should stop killing their women
http://www.jjmccullough.com/index.php/2014/08/26/murdered-aboriginal-women-and-the-politics-of-moral-panic/

The killers of most aboriginal women are aboriginal themselves. If they want to be sovereign, they can start with protecting their at-risk populations.

I would like to see statistics on what the occupation of these women was as well.
If it turns out that many were sex-trade workers, I’d then like to see the statistics corrected for that fact, and see what conclusions can be drawn, eg is it prostitutes that are being targeted, and are aboriginal women are over-represented as sex-trade workers, thus putting them at higher risk.

Do you know if anyone has looked at these things?

[quote] DeadKong wrote:

The Europeans essentially confiscated their third of the Earth’s landmass and have left them like a whoopi cushion under the weight of dominance.

[/quote]

So I guess you’re strong on border security and would like to see the immigration spigot turned down today then eh? After all, the Europeans wouldn’t want to get squeezed out of their own land and end up like the Indians in white man reservations fenced in by a foreign, alien invaders. Good point.

I found this to be far more shameful:

Veterans must verify lost limbs every three years, Ottawa says

“The disputes got so bad, Franklin had his wheelchair taken away from him twice because it wasn’t clear which department should pay for it and which doctor’s notes were needed.”

Where is the roundtable?

[quote]Will207 wrote:
I found this to be far more shameful:

Veterans must verify lost limbs every three years, Ottawa says

“The disputes got so bad, Franklin had his wheelchair taken away from him twice because it wasn’t clear which department should pay for it and which doctor’s notes were needed.”

Where is the roundtable?[/quote]

Yes, that is also ridiculous. OUr country sent them off to something beyond sparring in a gym and it is life altering for many, some life ending. Just give them a cush civilian life afterwards damn it.

More thoughts as they come in, I am not talking about modern times immigration, I realize I don’t have a parcel of land back in England awaiting me. I am a descendant of those who thought to clear the land and populate it more, likely as God’s will.

Yes, many of these missing women worked in the sex trade. I wrote a piece I think last June or so (that was when Canada’s parliament tabled legislation that went into force last December 6 to essentially illegalise prostitution more than it was before.) in which I advocated for licensing the more legitimate providers in the business, but try and keep out those who would do things more precariously. Native women’s advocates came out strongly in favour of complete prohibition or abolition of the business (forget which term means which) thinking almost that it is a form of race oppression, I think.

When one looks at the largely now revealed past of Canada’s residential schools ( Many were church run and were intended to take the Indian out of the kid and many children were abused), the First Nations were hammered out of their culture. I am thinking that this contributes to their being outsiders in their own land and why some live wayward lives.

There sure is a lot of raging, impotent, ignorant hate up in this thread. In fact, I detect a whole lot of glee from you guys who relish in your ‘winning’

Hey look! I was born white and have had a pretty easy go of it. Even if my mom was an abusive cunt, I can still get a leg up because–by god I can do anything I want–never mind that wee bit about me being white and that opening doors for me that are perpetually closed for everyone else. Fuck everyone else! If they can’t make it in this world, it’s their own fault! (said while masturbating furiously to Atlas Shrugged).

You fucktards are so happily ignorant of the fact that America was built on the backs of Native American, Black, Mexican, Chinese, and innumerable other immigrants.

Yet, yet…in spite of the first peoples being forced off their land–in spite of their cultures being ripped away from them, --oh naw, it’s totes cool bro! It wasn’t me who did that to you! You just need to get it together brah! Hey, Eminim rocked in in 8 Mile, so you can do it too!!!

It’s easy to dismiss all that and just cry ‘WAAAH they kill each other more than white people do!’ or ‘lol look at those stoopid Indians, they can’t even keep their shit together! lol stupid Indians’ not even coming close to acknowledging the pain and poverty of being born and growing up in a world where you’re ‘born with a bad sign’, and then conveniently ignore the institutional racism that this continent was built on…

Congratulations, you ignorant fucksticks. While you all were slapping each other on the back and giving each other a reach around, an eagle shed a tear, so go ahead–go ahead and whip out your flaccid dicks–go ahead and show us how proud you all are of how wilfully…fucking…ignorant you are.

I know you aren’t going to grasp this concept, but you all are the poster children for the Dunning-Kreuger effect. Thank gawd for representative republicanism, thereby letting adults sit at the table while you mouthbreathers figure out how to touch yourselves.

[quote]gutterballs wrote:
There sure is a lot of raging, impotent, ignorant hate up in this thread. In fact, I detect a whole lot of glee from you guys who relish in your ‘winning’

Hey look! I was born white and have had a pretty easy go of it. Even if my mom was an abusive cunt, I can still get a leg up because–by god I can do anything I want–never mind that wee bit about me being white and that opening doors for me that are perpetually closed for everyone else. Fuck everyone else! If they can’t make it in this world, it’s their own fault! (said while masturbating furiously to Atlas Shrugged).

You fucktards are so happily ignorant of the fact that America was built on the backs of Native American, Black, Mexican, Chinese, and innumerable other immigrants.

Yet, yet…in spite of the first peoples being forced off their land–in spite of their cultures being ripped away from them, --oh naw, it’s totes cool bro! It wasn’t me who did that to you! You just need to get it together brah! Hey, Eminim rocked in in 8 Mile, so you can do it too!!!

It’s easy to dismiss all that and just cry ‘WAAAH they kill each other more than white people do!’ or ‘lol look at those stoopid Indians, they can’t even keep their shit together! lol stupid Indians’ not even coming close to acknowledging the pain and poverty of being born and growing up in a world where you’re ‘born with a bad sign’, and then conveniently ignore the institutional racism that this continent was built on…

Congratulations, you ignorant fucksticks. While you all were slapping each other on the back and giving each other a reach around, an eagle shed a tear, so go ahead–go ahead and whip out your flaccid dicks–go ahead and show us how proud you all are of how wilfully…fucking…ignorant you are.

I know you aren’t going to grasp this concept, but you all are the poster children for the Dunning-Kreuger effect. Thank gawd for representative republicanism, thereby letting adults sit at the table while you mouthbreathers figure out how to touch yourselves.[/quote]

Which posters are you talking about? “You are all”? What? There’s only one poster in the thread who has responded negatively to the OP. Who are all these people giving themselves reach arounds?

I know you aren’t going to grasp this concept, but you all are the poster children for the Dunning-Kreuger effect. Thank gawd for representative republicanism, thereby letting adults sit at the table while you mouthbreathers figure out how to touch yourselves.[/quote]

This post is definitely a gutterball.

So many words, such little said.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
So many words, such little said.[/quote]

It’s not about content it’s about emotion; appealing to emotion. When you can control the emotional response of the crowd you become a demagogue and you can turn them on and off like a switch. Their minions amongst us help amplify the psychological / propaganda subversion to fulfil the left’s strategic objectives. They’re much smarter than most give them credit for.

Not quite sure who you are addressing here.

There is a quote function if you want to flirt that whoever it is has you all lathered up.

Brah.

I guess I’ll put this here:

Newfoundland officials plead with residents to stop calling new 911 service to see if it works