Shallow vs Deep IM

Quick question for my curiosity, I know it gets absorbed regardless of deep, shallow, or subq, but does shallow IM behave differently as far as absorption as opposed to deep IM? Is it closer to deep IM or does it absorb more slowly like subq? Thanks.

I think that when the oil is in the muscle, then it’s in the muscle, no matter the depth. If you are using too short a needle and some spills into the subcutaneous area, that may be considered undesirable, dependant on your goals.

The injection depth is an important variable since the mean absorption times are considerably longer when the drug is shallowly injected in the adipose layer

3 Likes

It’s purely anecdotal, but I have tried 1/2in and 1in IM and didn’t feel the same on the shallow. Could all be in my head, lab work supports it but I changed frequencies often back then and didn’t keep great records, so who knows.

1 Like

Yes, there is a difference ofcourse.

So what is the difference?

Majority, if not all, the time deep IM will show more efficacy.

Deep IM > shallow IM > sub q.

Not always the case, not always a big difference, and this is NOT an argument of what’s “better”. Just strictly in regards to efficacy in that you inject a certain amount and see the results on blood work. If you have enough oil and don’t care about cost to inject a bit more and see similar results with shallow IM or sub q then who the hell cares.

I have seen my blood work show TT in the 700s on trough injecting 100mg every 5 days with a 1/2 insulin pin to the glute. Could it have shown better results making sure I go deep IM yeah, but then I can just increase my dose and have the comfort of 1/2 needle into glute still.

2 Likes

I also find that with painful compounds like Test Prop or any short ester high concentration gear, the PIP isn’t as bad the deeper you go.

1 Like

Check the studies on nandrolone IM vs subQ vs shallow blabla. Deep IM showed higher levels and higher peak if i remember correctly.

1 Like

Presumably the the deeper you go the faster it gets into the blood stream?

But that only matters at the very beginning no? Because once you load it up to the highest level the dose can be and maintain it steady for months, there is no actual “peaks” unless you do very infrequent injections.
I mean, the only real peaks are when you start. The total levels of a drug in the blood cant be higher or lower after months of use. They reach the limit and stay there unless you skip injections. Or am i wrong and what you are saying is that you get way more out of the same drug if you inject it deeper?

3 Likes

Hes saying his peak is higher with deep IM.

Not necessarily a good thing imho.

If the peak is higher the trough is lower as the area under the curve has to be the same if the quantities are the same.

More fluctuation with deep IM if what he is saying is correct (if).

1 Like

Although nandrolone decanoate is usually administered by intramuscular injection, it has been found to be similarly effective when administered by subcutaneous injection. The pharmacokinetics of nandrolone decanoate via subcutaneous injection closely resemble those of intramuscular injection.

That’s been my experience. I felt that I could use less test using deep IM, making my TRT more efficient and able to save up some of my Rx.

1 Like

Do you pin glutes?

No I do delts. Never done glutes