Shaky Legs Huh!

I am 18yrs. 6’1 and 163 lbs. I have been working out for 1 moth. The last 2 times i went to the weight room my legs have been shaking when i do leg extensions. Is this normal and if not why is it happening. Also should you run after doing a leg work out and when should you eat before during or after a workout.

web14t,
welcome to T-Nation ! You’ve found the best site concerning bodybuilding, powerlifting etc. My first advice is read the papers in the archives. For example you may start reading all the papers by Chad Waterbury, probably the most popular T-Nation trainer. See the exercises he suggests for legs. Are leg extensions included ? NO. The 2 most important exercises for bodybuilding (and for legs) are Squat and Deadlift. These are called compound lifts, the majority of body muscles are involved in these lifts. Therefore Squat and Deadlift are the best mass builders. Forget leg extensions that is an isolation exercise. When you become big and strong you may use 20% of your training time for isolation exercises. NOT NOW. A good program for beginners is Big Boy Basics by Chad Waterbury.
Hope that helps !
Luca

[quote]web14t wrote:
I am 18yrs. 6’1 and 163 lbs. I have been working out for 1 moth. The last 2 times i went to the weight room my legs have been shaking when i do leg extensions. Is this normal and if not why is it happening. Also should you run after doing a leg work out and when should you eat before during or after a workout.[/quote]

Why your post has a date before the only reply that was there at time of writing im unsure… but I digress.

Eat whenever before a workout, but not too close, just because you should always be eating. The most important is after; eat as much as you can in 90min post workout to try get from catabolic to anabolic in 4seconds flat.

Eat after your workout, not run. Run later, it’ll help get blood pumping through your muscles; but not too much, or your end up like a marathon runner! (if you take it overboard that is)

As for leg extensions your legs are prob just low on quickly available energy sources so you start shaking like a parkisons patient. Happens a lot with leg exercises - maybe increase your rest period.