Shaking Hands, Mineral Deficiency?

Ok, here’s a question for anyone who cares. Lately I’ve been noticing that my hands shake a significant amount when I’m doing small things like drinking a carton of milk or something. It isn’t so much that I’m having huge convulsions or anything, but it is noticable.

I had attributed this to adrenal fatigue, or the high avg. intensity of my training. But I’m wondering now if it may be a mineral deficiency. So, anybody out there know common vitamin deficiencies that could do this?

Of course, I realize I could research this on my own, but quite frankly I’m already reading enough journals for my own work that I can’t stand to do any…more…research! So, if you got any handy info, I’d love to read it.

Do you have shaking hands?

If you do, you could be deficient in MAGNESIUM and VITAMIN B1

Early symptoms of magnesium deficiency can include fatigue, anorexia, irritability, insomnia, and muscle tremors or twitching.

People only slightly deficient in magnesium become irritable, high-strung, sensitive to noise, hyperexcitable, apprehensive, and beligerent. If the deficiency is more severe, or prolonged, they may develop twitching, tremors, irregular pulse, insomnia, muscle weakness, jerkiness, and leg and foot cramps; their hands may shake so badly that their writing becomes illegible.
Electroencephalograms, electrocardiograms, and electromyograms, or the records of electrical waves in the brain, heart, and muscles, all become abnormal.

If magnesium is severely deficient, the brain is particularly affected. Clouded thinking, confusion, disorientation, marked depression, and even terrifying hallucinations of delerium tremens are largely brought on by a lack of this nutrient and remedied when magnesium is given.

Improvement is usually dramatic within hours after magnesium is taken.

If shaking or trembling has been present for less than 2 years, it may be caused by temporary conditions such as:

Increased anxiety or stress
Certain medications
Caffeine excess or caffeine withdrawal
Nicotine or smoking excess or nicotine withdrawal
Alcohol excess or alcohol/drug withdrawal

Such shaking or trembling could also be caused by conditions such as:

Endocrine imbalances
Electrolyte imbalances
Hormonal imbalances

As many as 1 in 20 people older than age 40 and 1 in 5 people over 65 may have essential tremor (ET). There may be as many as 10 million people with ET in the United States, and many more worldwide. Essential tremor is much more common than most neurologic disease, with the exception of stroke, and is more common than Parkinson’s disease �?? a disorder characterized by resting tremor, stiffness and slowness of movement.

Do you smoke cigarettes? I used to shake like that too but it magically stopped within a week of quitting smoking.

[quote]piper1 wrote:

Do you have shaking hands?

If you do, you could be deficient in MAGNESIUM and VITAMIN B1

Early symptoms of magnesium deficiency can include fatigue, anorexia, irritability, insomnia, and muscle tremors or twitching.

People only slightly deficient in magnesium become irritable, high-strung, sensitive to noise, hyperexcitable, apprehensive, and beligerent. If the deficiency is more severe, or prolonged, they may develop twitching, tremors, irregular pulse, insomnia, muscle weakness, jerkiness, and leg and foot cramps; their hands may shake so badly that their writing becomes illegible.
Electroencephalograms, electrocardiograms, and electromyograms, or the records of electrical waves in the brain, heart, and muscles, all become abnormal.

If magnesium is severely deficient, the brain is particularly affected. Clouded thinking, confusion, disorientation, marked depression, and even terrifying hallucinations of delerium tremens are largely brought on by a lack of this nutrient and remedied when magnesium is given.

Improvement is usually dramatic within hours after magnesium is taken.

If shaking or trembling has been present for less than 2 years, it may be caused by temporary conditions such as:

Increased anxiety or stress
Certain medications
Caffeine excess or caffeine withdrawal
Nicotine or smoking excess or nicotine withdrawal
Alcohol excess or alcohol/drug withdrawal

Such shaking or trembling could also be caused by conditions such as:

Endocrine imbalances
Electrolyte imbalances
Hormonal imbalances

As many as 1 in 20 people older than age 40 and 1 in 5 people over 65 may have essential tremor (ET). There may be as many as 10 million people with ET in the United States, and many more worldwide. Essential tremor is much more common than most neurologic disease, with the exception of stroke, and is more common than Parkinson’s disease �?? a disorder characterized by resting tremor, stiffness and slowness of movement.

[/quote]

Good answer, bro. What’s your source for this?

Ah, caffeine. I am taking a max dose of HRX at the moment…I suppose that could be doing it as I typically take no caffeine in at all. It ain’t magnesium (I’ve been takin’ ZMA for a while).

Ok, maybe B vitamins. I thought I remembered B vit. deficiency being able to cause shaking, but I couldn’t recall for sure. Thanks a bunch!

And no, I don’t smoke (only 3-4 times a year, tops).

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Ah, caffeine. I am taking a max dose of HRX at the moment…I suppose that could be doing it as I typically take no caffeine in at all. It ain’t magnesium (I’ve been takin’ ZMA for a while).

Ok, maybe B vitamins. I thought I remembered B vit. deficiency being able to cause shaking, but I couldn’t recall for sure. Thanks a bunch![/quote]

I’ve shaked from supplementing with caffeine (and only caffeine) in an attempt to burn fat. Might be it.

It sounds like you just need a shot of whiskey.