Shaking at DL Lockout

So yeah maxing out on deadlift today I started shaking uncontrollably at lockout. Is this a bad thing? I don’t compete but would I have gotten a red flag?

[quote]FutureGL wrote:
So yeah maxing out on deadlift today I started shaking uncontrollably at lockout. Is this a bad thing? I don’t compete but would I have gotten a red flag?[/quote]

I dont believe that would give you a red light, as long as you controlled the weight up top and you are completely locked out than your fine…when your going heavy you have a tendancy to shake on the deadlift, your body is being put under a ton of stress, i wouldnt worry about it…

It shouldn’t hurt you in a meet, as long as you don’t hitch.

I do it too, as do a lot of guys when they’re hitting their max. It happens, but I’ve never really heard a reason why or what it means you should do.

Used to happen to my training partner all the time. He started doing alot more hamstring assistance (pull thrus and the likes) and it went away.

I dunno if they made it go away… but it did stop aroudn the same time he started.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Used to happen to my training partner all the time. He started doing alot more hamstring assistance (pull thrus and the likes) and it went away.

I dunno if they made it go away… but it did stop aroudn the same time he started.[/quote]

I guy who used to train at my local gym was a rower - his back and shoulders were way stronger than his legs. He could deadlift 200kgs fairly confidently yet his legs would tremble like crazy - he also had a hamstring injury - so maybe hamstrings are a big part of the problem.

It often happens with max DL, I always thought it had something to do with the Golgi tendon organs shutting down some muscle, or a motor co-ordination thing…never been sure though.

I reckon it’s just one of those things that happens on maximal lifts like exploding zits. I never get the shakes at lockout- rather, I get it at knee level. I dumped 722 this weekend after getting some righteous shakes right as the bar got to my knee and drifted forward. Needless to say, I dumped that bar like a hot load of shit.

If anyone has Vogelpohl triple XXX, there’s vid of this happening to Chuck. He gets the bar to below his knees, shakes VIOLENTLY (and I mean violently) until the bar gets above his knee and it’s a smooth lockout from there. I’m nearly certain it’s on XXX, it may be on the EliteFTS ex. index DVD tho.