T Nation

Shakes for School

I’ve recently started bulking, and even though I’ve noticed some gains, I feel like I’m still not eating enough. I think that the problem is my school schedule.

My days are pretty irregular, sometimes I’m done at 4pm, sometimes at 11am. What I need is a shake for those long days. My first 2-3 meals are protein + carbs, after that I concentrate on protein + fat (besides pre -and post workout). Thing is, I can’t quite find something to give me adequate protein and fat intake while at school.

So basicly what I’m asking for is, what kind of food can I throw in a blender and shake up for the afternoon that’ll provide me with alot of protein and fat? Also, is it really such a hindrance to use whey instead of a slow-digesting protein for during-the-day shakes?

I was thinking
2 cups of milk
2 big tablespoons of peanutbutter
1-2 scoops of whey (don’t have casein or anything like that right now, and I’m on a tight budget)
Maybe throw in some olive oil?

If anyone has good recipies for shakes or anything, I’d be grateful

Thanks in advance

this is what i use during school

1 scoop oats
1 scoop whole milk
1 serving pb
1 bannana
sometimes yougurt, you could probably add things to this if u want and make it well over 1000 cals. It tastes good too

2 Scoops of whey/casein mix
Bananna
tablesppon of EVOO
2 Cups whole milk
Peanut butter If i feel like it.

Its tasty, and its good for on the go.

WHen I was younger, I would use honey, or even flax oil to jack up the cals in my shakes. Use one or the other depending on whether you need P+F or P+C

S

cook steak (like a ribeye) on a foreman grill in the morning or the night before. Cut the steak into little cubes and place into a tuberware container. Bring tuberware to school with a fork. Success!

Hm so I guess I wasn’t so far off with my idea of a shake. I’ll add a banana and some EVOO.

As for the steak idea, steak is really expensive. Maybe if I get a better job I could do that.

Thanks guys

If anyone else wants to chip in, please do.

I hear you on the cheap thing. if you don’t care so much about mixing P+F+C…

1 cup olive oil
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 cups orange juice
1 banana
2 scoops GROW

[quote]jonesk wrote:

1 cup olive oil
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 cups orange juice
1 banana
2 scoops GROW[/quote]

I’d rather use whole milk than orange juice. And 1 cup of olive oil?!

[quote]jonesk wrote:

1 cup olive oil
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 cups orange juice
1 banana
2 scoops GROW[/quote]

Holy shit. Thats 1920 calories from olive oil alone.

[quote]elusive wrote:
cook steak (like a ribeye) on a foreman grill in the morning or the night before. Cut the steak into little cubes and place into a tuberware container. Bring tuberware to school with a fork. Success![/quote]

Reheated steak sucks. Nothing compares to sinking your teeth into one right off of the grill.

Last semester when i was at school from 8 to 3 i would bring protein bars as a snack and some pasta and canned meats that i made for lunch ahead of time. That way i would just go to the food court area and use the microwave to heat it up.

I eat mine cold. I always found solid food easier for me to carry around away from home than a few shaker cups with powder and such.