Shaker Cups: Best Ones?

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
I have both but don’t think the 20 oz one is big enough for a 2+ scoop shake - I only use it if I am doing 1 scoop of protein.[/quote]

I don’t have any problems mixing two scoops of Metabolic Drive and 1-2 scoops of Superfood with 12-16 ounces of water in the smaller Blender Bottle. Comes out a little on the thicker side, but that’s usually how I like it.*

*: Preemptive “that’s what she said.”

[quote]anonym wrote:
Ponce,

Have you used the Blender Bottle before, or are you arguing against the people who own one - and are enjoying the way it mixes - based upon the way in which you think it’s gimmicky?[/quote]

I have one and think it’s gimmicky.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Blender Bottle
The End[/quote]

correct[/quote]

Wow, you’re alive.

The best bottle is the one that’s durable and easy to clean. The Blender Bottle is popular mainly for the metal “blender” ball, but I personally don’t see it making much of a difference because the ball moves with the liquid when you shake the bottle.

You would want the ball to go in the opposite direction or stay put if it’s going to help with mixing (to create greater turbulence).

My vote is for the 40 oz Klean Kanteen. It’s stainless steel and 40 oz. I think they make a 64 oz version, too.[/quote]

Yes, I’m alive. I emailed you back a few months ago (albiet very late).

I’m really happy with my Body Fortress shaker. Everything always comes out smooth. Probably cheaper at Wal-Mart than a Blender Bottle, too.

Question to everyone with a Blender Bottle: does it make excessive noise from the ball bouncing off the sides? Or does it mostly stay in the center of the bottle with the liquid?

I’ve had one from Optimum Nutrition that is 32 ounces that does not leak.
It is the best one I’ve had so far

[quote]ZuluSierraPapa wrote:

Question to everyone with a Blender Bottle: does it make excessive noise from the ball bouncing off the sides? Or does it mostly stay in the center of the bottle with the liquid?[/quote]

It only bounces around when the bottle is empty. In the morning when I put the powder in them and carry them in my work bag they are silent - at the end of the day once the powder is gone they rattle around with every step.

I use a blender bottle and take out the wire ball. Mixes just fine, no clumping of met drive and obviously no problem with creatine mono. I actually just bought 2 more today at GNC, shoulda bought 4, there were bogo…

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

Question to everyone with a Blender Bottle: does it make excessive noise from the ball bouncing off the sides? Or does it mostly stay in the center of the bottle with the liquid?[/quote]

It only bounces around when the bottle is empty. In the morning when I put the powder in them and carry them in my work bag they are silent - at the end of the day once the powder is gone they rattle around with every step.[/quote]

I meant when you shake them.

I’ve had 2 Blender Bottles break on me, and yes I take care of my shit. Not a fan.

My choice:

2nd choice: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=CT&pid=3160&cid=

I’ve been using ‘Turbo Shakers’ for the last few years, and they hardly ever clump. Sure, you have to make sure the lid is on tight (forgot to check on more than one occassion!), but with the multi-level/fan type thing in the lid, and in the bottom, the contents end up swirling about in a circular fashion as you shake. Amazingly simple, but well thought out idea. Can hold 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 16 oz of water, but doesn’t come in a larger version that I know of.

S

Anyone know of any glass shaker bottles? I’m not a big fan of plastic tupperware, cups, or bottles.

The other good thing about the Blender Bottle is the threading on the lid is a bit wider.
Maybe I’m stupid, but once in a while with old style shakers I’d not put the lid on just right and it would leak. The Blender Bottle goes on nice and easy every time.
Oh, and the little cap lid thing can stay open by itself and not fall on your face when you’re drinking.

And the talk of whether it’s “gimmicky”, all I know is that I shake it a total of 10 times and it’s basically as mixed up as it would be in a blender.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

It only bounces around when the bottle is empty. In the morning when I put the powder in them and carry them in my work bag they are silent - at the end of the day once the powder is gone they rattle around with every step.[/quote]

I meant when you shake them.[/quote]

It makes more noise with the ball than without, but I wouldn’t call it excessive.

Christopher

[quote]Nards wrote:
The other good thing about the Blender Bottle is the threading on the lid is a bit wider.
Maybe I’m stupid, but once in a while with old style shakers I’d not put the lid on just right and it would leak. The Blender Bottle goes on nice and easy every time.
Oh, and the little cap lid thing can stay open by itself and not fall on your face when you’re drinking.

And the talk of whether it’s “gimmicky”, all I know is that I shake it a total of 10 times and it’s basically as mixed up as it would be in a blender.[/quote]

I agree. I have never had the Blender leak, and I also love how the lid stays in place. I have ready posts about it breaking and leaking so I am pleased that has never happened to me. I have used the same one for over two years now and it still works as well as the day I purchased it. I use mine a minimum of once a day.

Christopher

I just ordered a few of the blenders and the klean bottles.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
It makes more noise with the ball than without, but I wouldn’t call it excessive.

Christopher
[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]Nards wrote:
[/quote]

Very interesting. I’m not sold on the wire ball, but the wider threading sounds pretty cool. Doesn’t happen often, but sometimes I cross-thread the lid on my shaker and it leaks out onto my hand. Not so fun.

I own 5 of these and have used them for going on 4 years now. I think 5 of these costs less than any one fancy one. I never have to worry about whether or not it’s clean either, just grab another of the 5 off the shelf. At $2 each, I don’t care if I lose or break one.

As an aside, one teenager at my gym brings a fancy duffel bag stuffed full of bottles of whey protein powders and other mystery powder jugs and then proceeds to make his PWO concoction in the locker room. Sometimes I think of asking him why not combine the powders into a bottle and just bring the fucking bottle in. But nah.

MSD,

I purchased something similar years ago and the problem was with washing and leaking.

And I just bought some Klean Stainless steel bottles too.

I just got the shaker cups today in the mail.

First impressions, very solid, great top that won’t just flip open, and no leaking.

The 28oz ones are IDEAL because the 20oz just look small. Maybe good for mixing eggs as recommended but as a shaker cup its better for a one scoop protein vs 2.

Just some thoughts.

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
I just got the shaker cups today in the mail.

First impressions, very solid, great top that won’t just flip open, and no leaking.

The 28oz ones are IDEAL because the 20oz just look small. Maybe good for mixing eggs as recommended but as a shaker cup its better for a one scoop protein vs 2.

Just some thoughts.

[/quote]

Which Klean Kanteen did you buy? The 40 oz. ?

I think the best design would be something like that - 40 oz, stainless steel bottle - and then a wire mesh/frame inside the bottle to break up power.

I’m thinking of the 40 oz Kanteen wide-mouth version. Probably really good for protein and PWO shakes.