T Nation

Shaker Cups: Best Ones?

Im looking to buy shaker cups/bottles for the V-Diet…

Any recommendations???

Looking for durability, don’t leak, ect.

Thanks.

Blender Bottle

Blender Bottle
The End

I was just on bodybuilding.com and they had great reviews.

Do you have the 20 or 28oz version?

28 oz doesnt leak at all and mixes powders very well… no clumping

Yep the ones with the wire ball inside sheeeeet over everything else…

Buy one. Now.

I was thinking about this the other day. I decided to start using my Nalgene bottle daily and it’s been working well. I was getting really dehydrated throughout the day, since I need to be drinking more water, I now carry a bigger bottle.

Makes sense.

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
I was just on bodybuilding.com and they had great reviews.

Do you have the 20 or 28oz version?

[/quote]

I have both but don’t think the 20 oz one is big enough for a 2+ scoop shake - I only use it if I am doing 1 scoop of protein.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Blender Bottle
The End[/quote]

correct

Blender Bottle
The End

Blender Bottle
The beginning…for you

Picked up three 20oz in green, purple, and red. For all of you to know.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Blender Bottle
The beginning…for you

Picked up three 20oz in green, purple, and red. For all of you to know. [/quote]

This thread prompted me to purchase a blue 28oz’er.

For all y’alls information.

I use an empty Biotest creatine bottle…haha.
Leucine bottles work just as well.

Looks douchy but very functional.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Blender Bottle
The End[/quote]

correct[/quote]

Wow, you’re alive.

The best bottle is the one that’s durable and easy to clean. The Blender Bottle is popular mainly for the metal “blender” ball, but I personally don’t see it making much of a difference because the ball moves with the liquid when you shake the bottle.

You would want the ball to go in the opposite direction or stay put if it’s going to help with mixing (to create greater turbulence).

My vote is for the 40 oz Klean Kanteen. It’s stainless steel and 40 oz. I think they make a 64 oz version, too.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Blender Bottle
The End[/quote]

correct[/quote]

Wow, you’re alive.

The best bottle is the one that’s durable and easy to clean. The Blender Bottle is popular mainly for the metal “blender” ball, but I personally don’t see it making much of a difference because the ball moves with the liquid when you shake the bottle.

You would want the ball to go in the opposite direction or stay put if it’s going to help with mixing (to create greater turbulence).

My vote is for the 40 oz Klean Kanteen. It’s stainless steel and 40 oz. I think they make a 64 oz version, too.[/quote]

i Googled that, i think i’ll get one.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Blender Bottle
The End[/quote]

correct[/quote]

Wow, you’re alive.

My vote is for the 40 oz Klean Kanteen. It’s stainless steel and 40 oz. I think they make a 64 oz version, too.[/quote]

The blender bottle works on the principle that when you shake up and down, the liquid hits the other side and ball continues to pass through the liquid to the bottom or top of the container. The quicker you shake the more “passes” it makes through the liquid, similar to the way a whisk works. It doesn’t just “move with the liquid” since its stainless steel, and when you need a quick remix when things have settled just swishing the bottom around works well.

And yes, I have used my blender bottle as a substitution for a bowl and whisk before.

Based off experience, the little ball works better than pretty much anything. It worked for spray paint (granted that was a ball bearing), so why not protein shakes?

Incorrect.

The “stainless steel” doesn’t mean that it weighs several pounds, enough to “fight back” the force of the liquid being mixed. Usually, the liquid is much heavier, therefore "pushing around’ the ball and keeping it from working optimally.

It’s a gimmick.

If there was some sort of securable grating/matrix within the bottle, then we’d have something that would mix a protein shake better than having nothing in the bottle (certainly better than the blender ball).

^ my family have used my blender bottles to whip cream.

Whether or not the wire ball helps, the Blender Bottle works very well for me.

Christopher

Ponce,

Have you used the Blender Bottle before, or are you arguing against the people who own one - and are enjoying the way it mixes - based upon the way in which you think it’s gimmicky?