T Nation

Shake-It-Up Contest: Win Grow!

If We Like It, You Win!

We haven’t had a protein shake recipe contest since the new <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459252"target=“new”>flavors have been released (strawberry, banana cream, and orange cream). So let’s do it!

Reply to this thread and tell us your favorite Grow! shake recipe, blend, or mad scientist concoction. We’ll try the ones that sound interesting and pick one person to win a free bottle of Grow! and a T-Nation T-shirt. The winner’s recipe may also appear in a future T-Nation article.

(Need some ideas? Checkout <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459222"target=“new”>THIS and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460531"target=“new”>THIS.)

Fire up the blender and lay those recipes on us for your chance to win free swag!

GODIVA GROW!

10 0z water or low fat milk
2 ice cubes
3 scoops chocolate Low-Carb Grow!
two tablespoons natural peanut butter
three tablespoons cashews
one tablespoon honey
three tablespoons cottage cheese
three peices of godiva chocolates
Blend
Add 2 0z or more water and milk mix and blend until it suits your palatte

Amir

2 scoops chocolate Grow!
1 scoop strawberry Low-Carb Grow!
16 ounces milk
1 bananna
2 tablespoons flax seed
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter

Blend
Drink

Yummy!!!

THE GREEN MONSTER

2 scoops vanilla Low-Carb Grow!
2 cups water
1 scoop greens powder
1 pack of Tea Tech green tea
1 handfull of green grapes

Nothing beats

16oz of milk
2 scoops of Grow!

Period!

A version of this has been around forever, but I think I’ve improved the original with my ice cube technique:

Freeze about 10oz of strong coffee in an ice cube tray for about four hours. The outside of the ice cubes should be frozen and the middles should be still kind of slushy/watery. You can also freeze them until frozen and just throw the tray in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.

Blend the ice cubes, one scoop of chocolate Grow!, one 1/2 scoop of vanilla Grow! and splash of skim milk in a blender until the desired consistency. Add more milk if it is too thick. You can also add a bit of Splenda if you like your coffee drinks sweeter.

It should turn out just like one of those yummy iced cappuccinos (or a Tim Horton’s Iced Cap if you are Canadian)

I have a simple one: Vanilla Grow! and white grape juice. Mix the same amount as water. It is very good and needs no extra flavorings. It tastes like cake.

Here’s one my roomate experimented with and designed. He’s into tropical beverages and tries to get all sorts of exotic fruits frozen and delivered to him. But anyways, here’s his recipe.

Orange, banana and strawberry Low-Carb Grow! One scoop each
8 0z of water
3-5 ice cubes
small cup of cut strawberries
one whole orange
one banana
mixed in with half a glass of pure squeezed orange juice
then one more scoop of regular Vanilla Grow! to make it nice and thick

I dont know about you guys but I can’t get enough of this shit. Trick is to use enough ice to make it smoothy like.

Amir

Below are three types of smoothies I would recommend people to try using Grow!. However remember I have a different preference of taste and texture, so change the amount of ingredients and add garnishing to preference.
Finding out what you like or don’t like with smoothies is easy, prepare, sip from the blender (or use a spoon to taste), like it? Keep it. Don’t like it? Add more of what you think would make it taste best and continue blending.

All these smoothies should end up giving you three servings.

===========
Avocado-Orange Smoothie

Add to blender:

1 cup ice cold orange juice.
Two serving of Orange Cream Low-Carb Grow!
A of couple teaspoons yogurt (flavored version recommended).
A tablespoon of honey
Avocados to taste (the nutrient content is off the hook), do slice em cause they have a seed and skin that doesn?t taste good.
Half a banana (peeled, sliced and frozen)

Blend until smooth

Note: If you are adding fruits that are frozen add em into the blender at the end, this should avoid damage to the blades and contribute to consistency of the smoothies.

===========================================
B Squared (bananas and berries)

1 cup ice cold orange juice or better yet strawberry juice if you can find it.
A of couple teaspoons yogurt (flavored version recommended).
? cup frozen berries of choice
1 banana ((peeled, sliced and frozen))
2 servings of Low-Carb Grow! strawberry or banana, or a serving of each J.

Blend until smooth

============
The wake me up smoothie

/Note: If you are a picky coffee drinker. Use your own flavor and brand. I personally am not at all picky and would even settle for instant coffee. So hardcore coffee-holics don?t get offended by coffee ingredients in the recipe./

One and a half cup of milk with two servings of banana Low-Carb Grow! blended into it.
One banana (peeled, sliced and frozen)
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon.
Coffee powder of choice (to taste).
5-6 ounces of yogurt(if you can find the coffee flavored yogurt go for it).

Blend until smooth.

Chunky Monkey Grow!

• 1 frozen banana cut (before frozen) into 1" chunks
  • small handfull of almonds
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 14 oz 2% or whole organic milk
  • 2 Tsp yogurt
  • 3 heaping Tsp Uncle Sam Cereal
  • 1 scoop chocolate Low-Carb Grow!
  • 1 chocolate Grow! bar cut into 1/2" chunks

Reserve half of the banana, almonds and half of Grow! bar. Blend everything else until smooth, add remaining bananas, almonds and Grow! bar and blend another few seconds until chunks become 1/4 original size. Enjoy!

I usually make 2 different shakes w/ Grow!.

One for the morning:

1 to 2 package of “milk tea”
2 scoops of vanilla Grow!
1.5 - 2 cup of milk or water
1/4 cup of ice

One for the afternoon:

2 tblsp of “milo”
2 scoops of vanilla Grow!
1 banana
1.5 - 2 cup of milk or water
1/4 cup of ice

You can get different taste of “milk tea” from oriental market for around $2-$3 a box of 15-20 and it really add good taste to the shake. You can add more ice if you want but I don’t like my shakes too thick.

OR…Grow! with water is more than enough.

1 Container Light Vanilla Yogurt
2 Scoops Chocolate Grow!
2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
16oz. Skim Milk
1 Chopped Bananna
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
Ice Cubes
…BLEND…CHUG…GOOD

Grow! pancakes.

Ingredients:
1 scoop of Grow!
2/3 cup Quaker oats
3 egg whites 1 whole egg
Splenda (optional)

Mix all ingredients in bowl, spray frying pan with non-stick spray, add 1/4 cup sized pancakes to frying pan and you have healthy, tasty pancakes.

Approximate nutrition breakdown:
Calories-309
Protein-45g
Carbs-37g
Fat-9g

The best waffles you’ll ever eat…

In a blender mix:
1 scoop vanilla Grow!
1 cup oatmeal
4 egg whites
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon

In a metal bowl beat 2 egg whites with an electric mixer until they are just starting to get stiff (just past the foamy stage) Pour the oatmeal mix into the egg whites and stir together.

coat a waffle maker with cooking spray or olive oil and scoop in the mix.

You can’t omit the egg white step or they will be heavy rather than light and crispy. Makes about eight waffles.

[quote]JPBear wrote:
The best waffles you’ll ever eat…

In a blender mix:
1 scoop vanilla Grow!
1 cup oatmeal
4 egg whites
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon

In a metal bowl beat 2 egg whites with an electric mixer until they are just starting to get stiff (just past the foamy stage) Pour the oatmeal mix into the egg whites and stir together.

coat a waffle maker with cooking spray or olive oil and scoop in the mix.

You can’t omit the egg white step or they will be heavy rather than light and crispy. Makes about eight waffles.[/quote]

Cool! I’ll definitley have to try that one.

Simple but effective…

2 cups lowfat milk
1/2 - 1 cup cottage cheese
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 scoop banana flavored GROW!

Tasted awesome and washes down fish oil caps like nothing else!

Nick

i’ve always wanted to be a pasty chef… so here are some of the more elegant recipes you’ll probably see…

Healthy Grow! Tiramisu
ingredients
-2 cup 2% milk
-2 cups of Vanilla (regular or low-carb)Grow!
-3/4ths cup Splenda
-3 large eggs, separated
-2 cups of fat free coolwhip
-1 loaf of 100% Whole wheat bread(all of the bread needs to be toasted, it is faster/easier to do this in the oven, but do however you like)
-~1/4 a cup of Chocolate(reg or low-carb) Grow!
-2 cups of strong coffee or espesso
-(optional)marsala wine, 1 cup

Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup of splenda , a little bit of splenda at a time, until a pale yellow color.

2.In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt. Add 1/4th a cup of splenda, a little bit at a time, until stiff peaks form.

3.Fold in the cool whip to the egg white mixture.

4.In a seperate bowl/glass, combine 2 cups of Vanilla Grow! and 1cup of milk.(start out with a very small amount of milk, and add more until you get a consistency a little bit thicker than pudding)

5.Fold the cool whip/egg white mixture into the protein powder/milk mixture. they should be the consistency of pudding. If not, add a little bit of Grow! until thick enough.

6.set aside the protein powder/milk/eggwhite mixture in the fridge. Meanwhile, put coffee(or espresso[also marsala if using]) in a shallow bowl that is big enough to soak a piece of bread in.

7.Dip toasted bread into the coffee mixture, and lay in a 8x8x4 inch glass pan. The bread will overlap, this is what you want. If it isn’t overlapping, get some more hoss bread lol.

8.Pour 1/2 of the eggwhite/proteinpowder
mixture on top of bread.

1. repeat steps 7 and 8 for another layer of bread/protein powder-egg white-cool whip mixture.

10.Finally, cover the top of the top layer of proteinpowder-coolwhip-eggwhites with 1/4-1/2 a cup of chocolate Grow!

1. Chill for 4-24 hours in the refridgarator or for 2 hours in the freezer.

this is the tastiest protein powder based recipe you will EVER! eat.

Tiramisu…wow

Now you need to figure out how to make a healthy cheesecake.

worst thing ive ever made in the kitchen-

2 scoop choc Grow!
2 tsp vegtable oil
4 whole eggs
3 cups dry oatmeal
3 cup blue berries
2 tbsp peanut butter
24 oz 1% milk

put in a blender- mix very well. drink apprx. 4oz at a time, through out the day. but be sure to mix it up before yu drink, it sort of separates. drink fast, tast like shit but got me big

[quote]JPBear wrote:
Tiramisu…wow

Now you need to figure out how to make a healthy cheesecake.[/quote]

just tell me if you want different flavors of cheesecake…

Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake(taste like pumpkin pie)
Ingredients
1 cup nonfat(most stores don’t have this though, just get part-skim) ricotta cheese
1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
1/2 C low calorie maple syrup
1/2 C splenda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup Vanilla Grow!(Classic / Low-Carb)
2-4 tablespoons 1% milk
1 cup flax seed(ground finely)
1 cup 100% WW bread (ground finely)
4 tablespoons Enova brand oil
(optional) fat free topping
this one is easy compared to the tiramisu

directions
1.combine vanilla Grow! and milk(use as much milk as needed to get a slightly thicker than pudding consistency)

2.combine flax seeds and WW bread crumbs with 4 tblspns of Enova oil. Press into a pie pan

3.Combine all other ingredients, pour into pie pan ontop of your flax seed/breadcrumb crust.

1. bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees, or until center jiggles very slightly

5.mmmmmmm-mmmm-good