Shadow Pro Q&A 3.0

Just to put on some more size. I put on 10lbs lean mass in 8 weeks on the 200mg. Pretty much just to see what happens. Any help on the acne?

Hey Shadow,

Since helping me go from my cutting diet to my bulking diet 10 weeks ago I have made some decent gains to say the least!!

Here are my progress shots (half way down this page)

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/shadow_pro_qa_30?id=6129925&pageNo=22

I have attached a picture of me today,

As you can see I have not really put on much fat, and have added some muscle which has been excellent, I also feel better and my numbers in the gym have been improving too.

This is the diet you helped me make when I started Bulking again

Meal one: 1 cup of Oats for 80 grams of carbs +
6 egg whites + 2 egg yolks

Meal 2: 3-4 Scoops of Plazma depending on the workout

Meal 3: 226 grams (8 oz) of Beef + 200 grams (1 cup) Basmati rice

Meal 4: 226 grams of chicken + 1 cup broccoli + 25 grams of walnuts

Meal 5: 226 grams of chicken,fish or beef + 1 cup broccoli + 25 grams of macadamia nuts

Meal 6: 1.5 servings of MAG-10

That was going well for the first 7 weeks but in the last few week I have upped my food intake to the following below and yet still feel like I am not getting enough food nor adding any excess bodyfat which leads me to believe i could bump calories up again.

Meal one: 1 cup of Oats for 80 grams of carbs + 6 egg whites + 2 egg yolks

Meal 2: 3 Scoops of Plazma

Meal 3: 226 grams (8 oz) of Beef + 400 grams (1 cup) Basmati rice (80g carbs)

Meal 4: 226 grams of chicken + 200 grams Basmati rice (40g carbs) + 20g Coconut oil

• 1 Cup Brocoli

Meal 5: 226 grams of chicken,fish or beef + 200g Basmati Rice + 20g Coconut oil

Meal 6: 226 grams of chicken + 1 serving MAG-10 + 20g Coconut oil

• 1 Cup Brocoli

This as a macro breakdown is 3799 calories

It has 40% Carbohydrates
25% Fat
35% Protein

Equalling: Carbohydrates - 366g
Fat - 100g
Protein - 310g

I have been making some amazing gains thanks to your massive help when it comes to my diet, do you have any advice on where to go from here in terms of meal sizes, meal timings or anything else to ensure I keep progressing?

Thanks once again Shadow!!!

[quote]Shadow Pro wrote:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
have you used the non pharmacy grade GH?

how would you compare your results from that to the real pharma grade stuff?

ive messed with the UG/non pharma grade GH and had so-so results at 4-6iu per day (the results may have not even been from the “GH” may have been from the other AAS i was using)

would 4iu ED of pharma grade GH ran for 2 months be able to show noticeable results in leanness or muscle development?

or would 8iu ED of pharma grade GH ran for 2 months be able to show noticeable results in leanness or muscle development?
[/quote]

I’ve used so many different brands of generics… You name it… I’m sure I’ve tried it in my time. None of them have ever come close to the results I got from real GH.

2 months is a really short timeframe to see results from GH at any dose. You’ll probably notice fat loss in this time as well as better recovery, less aches and pains, better sleep and general sense of well being. It won’t do much in terms of muscle development. Maybe 8iu/day would do a little bit more in terms of muscle development but the time period is still very short, if I had to make a call here I would say to run 4iu for as long as you can. I prefer 6months as a minimum, the longer the better.

GH is a long term commitment and it’s never easy on the bank account.
[/quote]

with the above being said how do your rank the true pharma GH brands from worst to best?

ive noticed quite a bit of price differences between the brands and im curious to see if they rank accordingly.

thanks for the insight.

its so fucking refreshing to just have some one tell it like it is :slight_smile:

HA!

Hi Shadow Pro,

A couple of quick questions if i may.

I have just finished my first cycle, I put it together based on advice you have given in these threads and it went really well. I start PCT on Tuesday.

When training legs when i wasn’t using AAS i would often feel extremely nauseous, sometimes having to end the session. I would also get crippling legs cramps/spasms a few hours after the session. Whilst on AAS this has not happened once, neither the nausea nor the cramps. However today, 12 twelves since my last jab, the nausea and cramps both returned. Is this something that you have come across before? Could being on AAS prevent this or do you think it is just coincidental that it returned as i am coming off the test E?

Also what are you thoughts on using Clen during PCT? A few bodybuilders i know that i would say are veterans think its a great thing to do at 40mcg per day. However the theory behind it seems to be based mainly on ‘broscience’ or studies done on animals. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Shadow,

Can you outline benefits you found from doing an IV detox?

Hi Shadow

I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on what should I do next. I really do value your opinion and with your reccomondation Im finishing up my first test cycle.

I have 1 week left of my cycle. Started at 300mg of test enanthate a week split into 2 weekly doses. With half a tab arimidex 2x a week.

2 weeks ago I upped it to 400mg a week and 1.5 tab arimidex.

I have all my pct lined up but I have a small dilemma. I have 2 events in july that id need to be in peak for. One is more for vanity its an upcoming trip to vegas. But the other is a powerlifting meet (looking to break 3 state records).

Would me coming off my cycle suck for what I have coming up in july?

This is my very first cycle so im not sure if id lose strength ect. Would it be crazy to just stay on a low trt dose until then and then do pct?

Im 26 yrs old and have gained about 18lbs on this current cycle.

Hi , i done my competition cyle od
Propinat 100mg eod
Tren A 100mg Eod - run last 10weeks
Masteron P. 100mg eod run last 5 weeks
Winstrom 50mg ED - last 4 weeks
Now i switch to Sustanon 600mg week and i plan to stay od that dose !!
First question is how long you recomend to stay away on Tren after competition ? I planing to add tren E after 8 weeks ! Or you recomend some other drug like fast deca ?
My goal is to stay lean all sumer 10% Bf and in september start again my competition prep.
So what choice of drugs is best for staying lean ?

[quote]Quix99 wrote:
Just to put on some more size. I put on 10lbs lean mass in 8 weeks on the 200mg. Pretty much just to see what happens. Any help on the acne?[/quote]

It’s not going to make a big difference. Both dosages are considered very mild but you can give it a shot… It won’t do any harm.

Acne… Not any great advice, I’ve never had big issues in this area but I mentioned before tanning helps and natural soaps are a good choice. Also, keeping a clean diet really helps with skin health.

Shadow,
My previous cycle was
12 weeks
test e 1g
tren e 400mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
anadrol 75mg weeks 1-4
adex 1mg eod

i then cruised on 300mg test e for 8 weeks
now im planning on running
14 weeks
test e 1100mg
tren e 520mg
eq 700mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
anadrol 50mg week 1, 75mg weeks 2-4, 100mg week 5
tbol 40mg week 5, 60mg weeks 6-7
aromasin 12.5mg ed
Do you think this is a big enough ‘jump’ to make good progress? Is that dose of tren high enough to see lean mass gains? Any tweaks or changes you would make to the cycle? Thank you in advance

[quote]Nozza wrote:
Hey Shadow,

Since helping me go from my cutting diet to my bulking diet 10 weeks ago I have made some decent gains to say the least!!

Here are my progress shots (half way down this page)

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/shadow_pro_qa_30?id=6129925&pageNo=22

I have attached a picture of me today,

As you can see I have not really put on much fat, and have added some muscle which has been excellent, I also feel better and my numbers in the gym have been improving too.

This is the diet you helped me make when I started Bulking again

Meal one: 1 cup of Oats for 80 grams of carbs +
6 egg whites + 2 egg yolks

Meal 2: 3-4 Scoops of Plazma depending on the workout

Meal 3: 226 grams (8 oz) of Beef + 200 grams (1 cup) Basmati rice

Meal 4: 226 grams of chicken + 1 cup broccoli + 25 grams of walnuts

Meal 5: 226 grams of chicken,fish or beef + 1 cup broccoli + 25 grams of macadamia nuts

Meal 6: 1.5 servings of MAG-10

That was going well for the first 7 weeks but in the last few week I have upped my food intake to the following below and yet still feel like I am not getting enough food nor adding any excess bodyfat which leads me to believe i could bump calories up again.

Meal one: 1 cup of Oats for 80 grams of carbs + 6 egg whites + 2 egg yolks

Meal 2: 3 Scoops of Plazma

Meal 3: 226 grams (8 oz) of Beef + 400 grams (1 cup) Basmati rice (80g carbs)

Meal 4: 226 grams of chicken + 200 grams Basmati rice (40g carbs) + 20g Coconut oil

• 1 Cup Brocoli

Meal 5: 226 grams of chicken,fish or beef + 200g Basmati Rice + 20g Coconut oil

Meal 6: 226 grams of chicken + 1 serving MAG-10 + 20g Coconut oil

• 1 Cup Brocoli

This as a macro breakdown is 3799 calories

It has 40% Carbohydrates
25% Fat
35% Protein

Equalling: Carbohydrates - 366g
Fat - 100g
Protein - 310g

I have been making some amazing gains thanks to your massive help when it comes to my diet, do you have any advice on where to go from here in terms of meal sizes, meal timings or anything else to ensure I keep progressing?

Thanks once again Shadow!!!
[/quote]

You’ve made some good progress. Be careful with the food increase and don’t do it too fast. My suggestion would be to lower the fat by 30-40% and increase the carbs gradually.

Adding micropa into your plan at this time will help with size and strength.

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

[quote]Shadow Pro wrote:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
have you used the non pharmacy grade GH?

how would you compare your results from that to the real pharma grade stuff?

ive messed with the UG/non pharma grade GH and had so-so results at 4-6iu per day (the results may have not even been from the “GH” may have been from the other AAS i was using)

would 4iu ED of pharma grade GH ran for 2 months be able to show noticeable results in leanness or muscle development?

or would 8iu ED of pharma grade GH ran for 2 months be able to show noticeable results in leanness or muscle development?
[/quote]

I’ve used so many different brands of generics… You name it… I’m sure I’ve tried it in my time. None of them have ever come close to the results I got from real GH.

2 months is a really short timeframe to see results from GH at any dose. You’ll probably notice fat loss in this time as well as better recovery, less aches and pains, better sleep and general sense of well being. It won’t do much in terms of muscle development. Maybe 8iu/day would do a little bit more in terms of muscle development but the time period is still very short, if I had to make a call here I would say to run 4iu for as long as you can. I prefer 6months as a minimum, the longer the better.

GH is a long term commitment and it’s never easy on the bank account.
[/quote]

with the above being said how do your rank the true pharma GH brands from worst to best?

ive noticed quite a bit of price differences between the brands and im curious to see if they rank accordingly.

thanks for the insight.

its so fucking refreshing to just have some one tell it like it is :slight_smile:

HA!

[/quote]
Ranked from the worst to the best… In terms of price and quality.
Norditropin, Humatrope, Serostim

Some people prefer humatrope better than Serostim but I really prefer the Serostim. The humatrope is very pricey.

[quote]pex86 wrote:
Hi Shadow Pro,

A couple of quick questions if i may.

I have just finished my first cycle, I put it together based on advice you have given in these threads and it went really well. I start PCT on Tuesday.

When training legs when i wasn’t using AAS i would often feel extremely nauseous, sometimes having to end the session. I would also get crippling legs cramps/spasms a few hours after the session. Whilst on AAS this has not happened once, neither the nausea nor the cramps. However today, 12 twelves since my last jab, the nausea and cramps both returned. Is this something that you have come across before? Could being on AAS prevent this or do you think it is just coincidental that it returned as i am coming off the test E?

Also what are you thoughts on using Clen during PCT? A few bodybuilders i know that i would say are veterans think its a great thing to do at 40mcg per day. However the theory behind it seems to be based mainly on ‘broscience’ or studies done on animals. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.[/quote]

Being on AAS can help with better recovery and therefore makes your sessions feel “easier” and more bearable then when you come off you go back to your so called normal state the training sessions will feel a lot harder because usually you aren’t able to train with the same intensity as you were when you were on. This may be the cause of the nausea.

The cramping is usually a mineral issue so I would add a multimineral if you aren’t currently taking anything. Make sure you’re always hydrated throughout the day and especially during your training. Adding Plazma will help you feel better during the workout and help with recovery.

I’ve never used Clen on pct. I don’t see any benefit from it. If you are using it right now that might also explain the cramping.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Shadow,

Can you outline benefits you found from doing an IV detox?[/quote]

Same benefits as a regular detox but the results are faster and more profound. It doesn’t need to be done on a daily basis so it’s also a plus and it’s more potent than a kit you would buy at a health food store.

I’ve had some bad experiences and felt really shitty during some detox’s in the past but I feel fine when I do the IV detox.

[quote]slick_rick wrote:
Hi Shadow

I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on what should I do next. I really do value your opinion and with your reccomondation Im finishing up my first test cycle.

I have 1 week left of my cycle. Started at 300mg of test enanthate a week split into 2 weekly doses. With half a tab arimidex 2x a week.

2 weeks ago I upped it to 400mg a week and 1.5 tab arimidex.

I have all my pct lined up but I have a small dilemma. I have 2 events in july that id need to be in peak for. One is more for vanity its an upcoming trip to vegas. But the other is a powerlifting meet (looking to break 3 state records).

Would me coming off my cycle suck for what I have coming up in july?

This is my very first cycle so im not sure if id lose strength ect. Would it be crazy to just stay on a low trt dose until then and then do pct?

Im 26 yrs old and have gained about 18lbs on this current cycle.
[/quote]

How long have you been on this cycle?

[quote]tacelazar wrote:
Hi , i done my competition cyle od
Propinat 100mg eod
Tren A 100mg Eod - run last 10weeks
Masteron P. 100mg eod run last 5 weeks
Winstrom 50mg ED - last 4 weeks
Now i switch to Sustanon 600mg week and i plan to stay od that dose !!
First question is how long you recomend to stay away on Tren after competition ? I planing to add tren E after 8 weeks ! Or you recomend some other drug like fast deca ?
My goal is to stay lean all sumer 10% Bf and in september start again my competition prep.
So what choice of drugs is best for staying lean ? [/quote]

Can you post a current picture and then I can make appropriate recommendations.

[quote]EvanG123 wrote:
Shadow,
My previous cycle was
12 weeks
test e 1g
tren e 400mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
anadrol 75mg weeks 1-4
adex 1mg eod

14 weeks
test e 1100mg
tren e 520mg
eq 700mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
aromasin 12.5mg ed
Do you think this is a big enough ‘jump’ to make good progress? Is that dose of tren high enough to see lean mass gains? Any tweaks or changes you would make to the cycle? Thank you in advance[/quote]

Welcome to the forum.

What are your goals of this cycle? You say a jump in progress… Which sport are you training for? Just a bit more background information would be good so I can make a recommendation that will suit your needs. A current photo would also be necessary. It’s your first post and is lacking some important information.

[quote]Shadow Pro wrote:

[quote]EvanG123 wrote:
Shadow,
My previous cycle was
12 weeks
test e 1g
tren e 400mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
anadrol 75mg weeks 1-4
adex 1mg eod

14 weeks
test e 1100mg
tren e 520mg
eq 700mg
dbol 40mg weeks 1-4
aromasin 12.5mg ed
Do you think this is a big enough ‘jump’ to make good progress? Is that dose of tren high enough to see lean mass gains? Any tweaks or changes you would make to the cycle? Thank you in advance[/quote]

Welcome to the forum.

What are your goals of this cycle? You say a jump in progress… Which sport are you training for? Just a bit more background information would be good so I can make a recommendation that will suit your needs. A current photo would also be necessary. It’s your first post and is lacking some important information.

[/quote]
Sorry about that, My goals for this cycle are to put on quality muscle(I would say bulk but I associate that word with getting fat ha!). The sport I am training for is bodybuilding, but for now not necessarily competitive. And when I say jump I mean in the aggressiveness of my cycle compared to the last one to keep getting good results. I cant take a picture atm as I’m at work, but i will post one later, for now though, my stats are:
height: 6ft
weight: 211lbs
bf%: 8

Also, I noticed in most of the meal plan suggestions, the workout was in the morning but my schedule is:
7am; meal 1
9:30am, meal 2
11;45am meal 3
2pm meal 4 whole food pre workout meal
2;45pm some of my plazma drink
3-4;30pm rest of plazma intraworkout
5pm meal 5 whole food post workout meal
7:45pm meal 6
10pm casein
so my question is, since my workout is later, should I have a fair amount of carbs (60-70g) with breakfast and then for meals 2,3, and 6 should I have no carbs? low carbs (20-30g)?
Also for any critiques on my training, my split is:
day1: back, traps
day2: chest, bis, forearms
day3: quads, hams, calves
day4: shoulders, tris
day5: rest(usually go and do calves because i get bored)
repeat
I usually do cycle 1: 7-9 reps
cycle 2: 10-12 reps
cycle 3: 12-15 reps
repeat, and i obviously throw in techniques to go past failure

Hey Shadow,

Long time follower, first time poster. Lot’s of great information throughout the few threads. Thanks for the contribution.
There has been an ongoing discussion lately about the “Distended Stomach” era in bodybuilding today. Do you believe that the introduction to insulin use is a contributing factor in this? I have been training for over twenty years and have used pre training insulin on and off with pharmacy HGH for over five years and can’t say I have had any issues with a distended stomach. Which makes me think that most of the “guts” come from overeating and over consuming carbohydrates on a regular basis.

Do you think that cycling 5-8iu of humalog pre training followed by a proper peri workout nutrition protocol including plaza with the rest of the day mainly consisting of lean proteins and healthy fats is the ideal way to add slow and steady gains ? What is your view on why competitors today seem to have a hard time keeping their waist tight when its time to get on stage? Interested to hear your view on why the stomachs seem to be taking over the spot light on many bodybuilding forums these days.
Thanks Shadow

Finishing this week will be week 12