SGHP Max Pump

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
iLAYER SYSTEM PART 2 - CLUSTERS

Clusters develop the capacity to recruit and stimulate more Fast Twitch fibers. It is a very powerful method to increase size, strength and density (giving the muscles a harder look).
Use 90% of the weight you reached in your ramp.

One set has several reps (3-7) performed 10 seconds of rest between them.

You rest the bar on every rep, which is why it’s best to start from pins or a deadstart. You stop the cluster set when you cannot perform more reps. Do 3 sets. If 90% is too heavy lower the percentage to get 3-7 reps in the first part of the set.
When using Normal Full Range Reps take 15 sec rest where 10 sec is stated.
[/quote]

Dude, 10 seconds of rest between the several reps. Trust me on this one. Why in the hell would you do 4 reps, rest, 4 reps, rest, etc at 90% (which, as you realized, was not possible) and then do 5 reps, rest, 4 reps, rest, 3 reps, rest, etc with the HDL method at only 70%? Doesn’t make sense if you think about it. Because it’s not possible to do 12 reps at 90% of your 1rm in under a minute, doesn’t work that way.

JBL, only for the High Pulls the Hard Five were a replacement, or power snatches. You can’t max pump with a HP. Oh gawd this is fun!

“One set has several reps (3-7) performed 10 seconds of rest between them.”

What does that mean JBL…that doesn’t mean 1 rep then rest 10 sec, then 1 rep.

Um, yeah it does. One SET has several reps, so the set has between 3 and 7 reps, with 10 seconds of rest between the reps. Sorry bro. It’s as clear as day to me and many others as well.

brandon
i had this argument over a year ago. i read it the same way as you did on the Indigo-3G training programs.
i thought i was gonna die the first time i did them in that crazy way.
clusters 90% are 1 rep, rest 5-10 seconds, reset, then another rep. etc.
in the earlier layer system posts, it was laid out more definitively. thats why most who are doing the layer know the setup.
you may not think that it makes much difference, but that 1 rep, 5 secs, reset, 1 rep, is a heck of a lot easier than trying to do 3-7 reps straight, and 10 secs later, do it again.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
“One set has several reps (3-7) performed 10 seconds of rest between them.”

What does that mean JBL…that doesn’t mean 1 rep then rest 10 sec, then 1 rep.
[/quote]
the word “them” in the sentence is referring to reps.
10 secs between reps.
oh, and if you wanna try holding the bar for 10 secs instead of resetting it, GOOD LUCK

…but that is true though, 90% of your 1 RM would be tough to get 3-7 reps per 10 seconds…I may be high.

That’s what I was trying to say earlier. Basic math really. You can’t expect 4 rep sets placed 10 sec apart with 90% of a 1rm. Impossible. 70%, like is recommended in the HDL layer, now that’s possible.

Shit…JBL I was wrong! And totally f’ing up my recovery with these destroying my CNS. I was doing this style on the Strength layers for weeks as well. lol

I’m an idiot, a high idiot rainman.

Thanks for the reaming and clarification DOM, IBORO, and JBL.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
Shit…JBL I was wrong! And totally f’ing up my recovery with these destroying my CNS. I was doing this style on the Strength layers for weeks as well. lol

I’m an idiot, a high idiot rainman.

Thanks for the reaming and clarification DOM, IBORO, and JBL.[/quote]
Kmart sucks RAY…
Hahaha.bradon you blockhead,go play some football.

@ Snapper Head:

I knew you’d give me shit. I didn’t even think of the percentage to rep ratio. When I think clusters I think groups of reps and CT never mentioned do one rep every 10 sec. Hahah no meathead here, although my IQ just took a minus -50. No wonder I was getting so beat on the strength layers. FMe

Kmart, gotta go to Kmart Yeeeeeaah. Definitely definitely gotta go to Kmart and get my plastic pink kettle bell.

Here JBL have a dip. Lol

There was a bit of confusion over this when the Indigo-3G programs came out as well, but it is most definitely a “set” of 3-6 rep with a 5-10 second pause in between EACH rep. In the case of the indigo prog’s, a “cluster 5” would be 5 reps with 10 seconds in between each rep.

Thats actually why the “original layer program” was done completely from pins or using dead start movements (SGHP from blocks, Trap bar dead lift), so that you could reset between every rep.

Its essentially a way to get 1 or 2 “free” reps from a set of 90%. Where you might only get 2-4 reps in a straight set, the cluster style allows you to typically get 3-7 with the same weight, this providing way more mechanical stress with heavy weights.

Dip? Sorry I must be high because I don’t get it.

I knew you’d give me shit

@brandon ya It was to good to pass up.The whole back n fourth was great but when you called yourself a high idiot rainman I freaking lost it.That was some funny shit.Reminded me of the part in Mr.mom when the little kid keeps telling his dad( your doing it wrong).At least you know why you were so beat up,just think of the progress your gonna make now doing it the right way ha.

@ Snapper:

Really glad this came up though. If I never posted I would not have known this. I was lowering to 80% and doing multiple reps at a time crazy clusters.

@ JBL:

It was a joke meaning a “chew” dip, tobacco, etc. Your handle had ball player in it so I figured baseball.

Ha! He’ll I think I had a dip in when I took my avatar pic. Come to think of it, I usually do have a dip in! Good call Nostradamus!

Glad we got ya straightened out! You almost had me questioning what I’ve been doing. Or that you just had some crazy ass strength at 90%.