T Nation

SGHP in Power Look Program?


#1

Christian,

Thank you for the your latest program. Perfect timing for me.

I've read all of your stuff over the years. When you've talked about 'the power look' in the past, the snatch grip high pull has always been a key movement.

Is it absent from this program due to the deadlift day hitting traps enough?

Thanks again. Your work and insight keeps me motivated.


#2

[quote]wildcat37 wrote:
Christian,

Thank you for the your latest program. Perfect timing for me.

I’ve read all of your stuff over the years. When you’ve talked about ‘the power look’ in the past, the snatch grip high pull has always been a key movement.

Is it absent from this program due to the deadlift day hitting traps enough?

Thanks again. Your work and insight keeps me motivated.[/quote]

It’s absent from the program because while I believe that it’s one of the best (if not the best) to work on building the power look, not everybody do it properly when trying to learn it by themselves. When I design an online program (i.e. I don’t get to coach each individual one on one) I prefer to stick to exercises that are easier to master.


#3

Makes perfect sense.

If I were to add them, would you do it as an accessory on DL day?


#4

[quote]wildcat37 wrote:
Makes perfect sense.

If I were to add them, would you do it as an accessory on DL day? [/quote]

Yes exactly


#5

Hey Coach, thanks for all the articles.

Would you put the SGHP in as one of the bonus work exercises, or substitute one of the recommended assistance exercises with SGHP, if the later, what weeks would you do the SGHP?


#6

[quote]Makkelol wrote:
Hey Coach, thanks for all the articles.

Would you put the SGHP in as one of the bonus work exercises, or substitute one of the recommended assistance exercises with SGHP, if the later, what weeks would you do the SGHP? [/quote]
hey dude, should read all messages from a topic before asking a question.
CT has just answer this question.


#7

[quote]SWAT06 wrote:

[quote]Makkelol wrote:
Hey Coach, thanks for all the articles.

Would you put the SGHP in as one of the bonus work exercises, or substitute one of the recommended assistance exercises with SGHP, if the later, what weeks would you do the SGHP? [/quote]
hey dude, should read all messages from a topic before asking a question.
CT has just answer this question.[/quote]

Well, I did read his answer, but it was not clear whether you add the SGHP or you substitute an exercise, and if you substitute which weeks you do it, since the assistance exercises have a different focus in the different phases. If you can tell me from his answer whether the SGHP is best in phase 1, 2 or 3 or all 3, be my guest and enlighten me.


#8

[quote]Makkelol wrote:

[quote]SWAT06 wrote:

[quote]Makkelol wrote:
Hey Coach, thanks for all the articles.

Would you put the SGHP in as one of the bonus work exercises, or substitute one of the recommended assistance exercises with SGHP, if the later, what weeks would you do the SGHP? [/quote]
hey dude, should read all messages from a topic before asking a question.
CT has just answer this question.[/quote]

Well, I did read his answer, but it was not clear whether you add the SGHP or you substitute an exercise, and if you substitute which weeks you do it, since the assistance exercises have a different focus in the different phases. If you can tell me from his answer whether the SGHP is best in phase 1, 2 or 3 or all 3, be my guest and enlighten me.
[/quote]

It’s a big movement, it falls in the assistance work category, not bonus work.


#9

Yeah I see my first question was not properly formulated, I apologise.
But I still don’t know whether you then do the recommeded assitant exercises + the SGHP if you wanna do the SGHP or if you do the SGHP + 1 of the recommended assitance exercises. I.e. would phase 1 be Deficit DL + Bent over Rows + SGHP or would it be Deficit DL + SGHP


#10

[quote]Makkelol wrote:
Yeah I see my first question was not properly formulated, I apologise.
But I still don’t know whether you then do the recommeded assitant exercises + the SGHP if you wanna do the SGHP or if you do the SGHP + 1 of the recommended assitance exercises. I.e. would phase 1 be Deficit DL + Bent over Rows + SGHP or would it be Deficit DL + SGHP[/quote]

Drop one of the assistance exercises if you do SGHP


#11

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Makkelol wrote:
Yeah I see my first question was not properly formulated, I apologise.
But I still don’t know whether you then do the recommeded assitant exercises + the SGHP if you wanna do the SGHP or if you do the SGHP + 1 of the recommended assitance exercises. I.e. would phase 1 be Deficit DL + Bent over Rows + SGHP or would it be Deficit DL + SGHP[/quote]

Drop one of the assistance exercises if you do SGHP[/quote]

Thank you


#12

CT,

If I was going to add SGHP to the program would you change the rep scheme?

I am starting this program today and I’m very excited!


#13

[quote]TRU76 wrote:
CT,

If I was going to add SGHP to the program would you change the rep scheme?

I am starting this program today and I’m very excited![/quote]

As an assistance exercise? Not really. I’ve do 8s with high pulls from the hang and it’s great to build size.

I actually started a cycle of this program myself yesterday.


#14

Are you doing SGHP’s in your program?


#15

[quote]TRU76 wrote:
Are you doing SGHP’s in your program?[/quote]

No because I already added snatches