SF East Bay Area T-Nationers

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Roads?

Pavement is one of the highlights of your location?

lulz[/quote]

In terms of accessibility.

I’m next to 5 major roadways that lead me to anywhere I want to go. I can get on any of them within a few minutes, max.

Oh, and fuck the housing market here. Can I get an “amen” ?

And we have some damn good hiking spots: Castle Rock, Rancho, Muir Woods

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

And we have some damn good hiking spots: Hunters Point[/quote]

I’m down in San Diego now but will be moving up to the Bay Area in January.

I know what I just said doesnt contribute to this thread at all but I’m just sayin.

[quote]gregron wrote:

I know what I just said doesnt contribute to this thread at all but I’m just sayin.[/quote]

where in the bay?

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

I know what I just said doesnt contribute to this thread at all but I’m just sayin.[/quote]

where in the bay?
[/quote]

Moving to Santa Cruz in january (my girls family owns a beach house there and we are moving there for free for a few months while we look for our own place)

and then we are looking to move into the city. Not exactly sure where because I havent spent much time up there at all but we’ll have 3-4 months to find a place.

any suggestions?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

Moving to Santa Cruz in january (my girls family owns a beach house there and we are moving there for free for a few months while we look for our own place)

and then we are looking to move into the city. Not exactly sure where because I havent spent much time up there at all but we’ll have 3-4 months to find a place.

any suggestions?[/quote]

Santa Cruz is nice! Small town though, a few months will probably do it for you there. As far as the city I’ve got nothing. I’m right over the hill from SC in Campbell. Only go up to the city for shows.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

Santa Cruz is nice! Small town though, a few months will probably do it for you there. As far as the city I’ve got nothing. I’m right over the hill from SC in Campbell. Only go up to the city for shows.
[/quote]

Yeah Santa Cruz is really nice. Their beach how is super sweet to so it’ll be awesome to live in a “dream house” for a few months for free. Then we’ll probably be in a tiny little apartment in the city lol

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[/quote]

I used to live in Campbell and my clients were in the Pruneyard and along Hwy 9. I dig Campbell. I’d probably get a house around those parts if I decided to stay in the Bay Area.

I’m sure you’ve been, but Sweet Peas just before downtown Los Gatos serves awesome breakfast (and their crepes and homemade whip cream…yum). Southern Kitchen is also great for breakfast.

Dio Deka is my favorite restaurant. Los Gatos Meats makes the best sandwiches (e.g. The Superhero with everything on it). Fuck. Now, I want to go grab a sandwich.

gregron,

It depends on what you’re into. Most young folks live in the Mission (e.g. 14th and Guerrero - ish) because of all the bars and eateries. North Beach is nice but way too expensive, same with Marina and SOMA (South of Market) in general. Better prices in Sunset district (west side of the city, if looking at a map…e.g. 32nd and Taraval, where my friend used to live).

The City (SF) has some incredible restaurants and bars.

And Santa Cruz is a great place to live but really…slow, and that has nothing to do with the weed (but if you’re into that, arguably the two best places in America where weed comes from are Santa Cruz and Humboldt County). I love a bit farther south…Monterey/Carmel/Half Moon Bay. Santa Cruz is fun.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Otep wrote:
Didn’t DBCooper already start a thread for you SFans? Or is the East Bay tribe a different breed that need their own thread?[/quote]

its basically the difference between Oakland and San Francisco… um so yes a different tribe. :)[/quote]

I don’t live in the Bay Area anymore. I grew up there and lived there until I was 28. But that was in Sunnyvale (Santa Clara County).

[quote]mldj wrote:
Does Pleasant Hill count as East Bay?[/quote]

That depends…normally I’d say no, but if this fundraiser thing actually happens and you come over the hill and participate, I’ll make an exception.

I love SC. I go there all the time when I have time off between school and work. As far as moving into the city, I am of zero help. I love going there and hanging out, but could never live there and know nothing about it as far as living there. Dated a couple of girls who lived in the city, and I could tell you about those neighborhoods from an outsiders perspective, but nothing really useful haha

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah Santa Cruz is really nice. Their beach how is super sweet to so it’ll be awesome to live in a “dream house” for a few months for free. Then we’ll probably be in a tiny little apartment in the city lol[/quote]

I used to work in SF and my parents moved to Santa Cruz a few years ago. It’s nice there; check out some of the beaches in and around Davenport and Bonny Dune’s. There’s some really good surfing out there if you can find access to it. There’s a lot of cliffs around, but the scenery is second to none.

As far as SF, my sister lives up there now in the Dogpatch area just southwest of PacBell Park (shit, I always forget, it’s AT&T Park now). She loves it. Anything south of Market near the ballpark is nice. Areas like Noe Valley or the Castro (which is actually the cleanest place in the city and has the best weather since they’re in a fog shadow from Twin Peaks) are really nice too, but a little more expensive. Then of course there are areas like Pacific Heights or the Marina or Cow Hollow, but those areas are really expensive.

If you’re into the whole Haight thing but don’t want to live right in the middle of it, there are some nice areas around the hospital or there’s also the Duboce Triangle which is just north of Market between it and the Haight.

Some other nice spots: Dolores Heights; basically right where Dolores Park is, just east of the Castro.
The Fillmore; more like lower Pacific Heights, but there are still some affordable places around there
Mission District; close to Dolores Heights and really an area that is typical of the “real” SF.

don’t move to the Sunset (bad weather, boring area), Bayview or Hunter’s Point (fucking ghetto), the Western Addition (super rough area) or anywhere near the Tenderloin.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

[/quote]

You live in Campbell Hallowed?!?!?!?! Shit, if only I still lived down in the Bay. I’d buy you a drink at Molly’s. Shit, if you ever go there, you probably saw me staggering around in a drunken stupor there back in the dark days.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah Santa Cruz is really nice. Their beach how is super sweet to so it’ll be awesome to live in a “dream house” for a few months for free. Then we’ll probably be in a tiny little apartment in the city lol[/quote]

Santa Cruz has great surfing, just pick up a used board while your down there and live the dream.

As for SF, it’s one of the best cities in the world. Anything you can think of to do, can be done there. The people are nice, the scenery is beautiful, and it’s on the coast. BOOM.

With this much of a crowd, I think a Bay Area T-Nation could be in order sometime soon. Thoughts?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

[/quote]

Santa Cruz has great surfing, just pick up a used board while your down there and live the dream.

As for SF, it’s one of the best cities in the world. Anything you can think of to do, can be done there. The people are nice, the scenery is beautiful, and it’s on the coast. BOOM.

With this much of a crowd, I think a Bay Area T-Nation could be in order sometime soon. Thoughts?
[/quote]

Sign me up.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

where in the bay?
[/quote]

any suggestions?[/quote]

[/quote]

You live in Campbell Hallowed?!?!?!?! Shit, if only I still lived down in the Bay. I’d buy you a drink at Molly’s. Shit, if you ever go there, you probably saw me staggering around in a drunken stupor there back in the dark days.[/quote]

Well I don’t drink anymore… but I probably did during your “dark days” I was more of a Khartoum, King’s Head, Cardiff than Molly’s. I spent a few nights at the OH SO CLASSY ESCAPE up on Bascom too.

When I was a kid I bartended in LG for a few year’s too. Worked at Valeriano’s. Done my share of Carrie Nation’s and The Black Watch…

o the memories

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

As long as I don’t have to drive to the city and deal with parking. Seriously, fuck SF parking. LA has traffic, SF has parking issues.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

Well I don’t drink anymore… but I probably did during your “dark days” I was more of a Khartoum, King’s Head, Cardiff than Molly’s. I spent a few nights at the OH SO CLASSY ESCAPE up on Bascom too.

When I was a kid I bartended in LG for a few year’s too. Worked at Valeriano’s. Done my share of Carrie Nation’s and The Black Watch…

o the memories
[/quote]

Man, I used to love Cardiff until they remodeled it and the SJ crowd showed up. Molly’s as in Molly McGees in Mt View? I think you meant Katie Bloom’s. I am sure I’ve run into you. Small world.

The dealership/mechanic shop on Central Ave belongs to a family friend. I used to drop by once a week and he’d pour me a glass of wine or tequila, depending on what his customers had dropped off as gifts.

Not sure if anyone remembers the wine bar called Tannins where La Pizzeria now stands. That wine bar was a great spot, lots of good looking people and good wine.

I used to study at Orchard Valley Coffee on Sundays and then step out for a break to check out the farmers’ market.

Way too many memories. Those were some good years.

Hallowed - I no longer drink either, but still go out every weekend. Do you do the same? Have fun watching how ridiculous people get? I love not drinking, can speak articulately and keep it classy all night, can pull beautiful women, feel awesome the next day, and don’t wake up with $200 worth of charges on my credit cards, win across the board (don’t mean to sound like a d-bag).

Ponce - Agreed on the parking in SF at night, it is a pretty ridiculous task, sometimes you get lucky in 10 minutes, other times your driving in circles for an hour. You head up to the city happy to see some friends or a show, and by the time your done parking your ready to rip someones head off.

I live in the Valley, Tracy/Manteca area but travel to Pleasanton/Livermore/Castro Valley/Hayward regularly for family stuff…

Grew up in San Leandro, went to HS there etc.

I’d be down for some charity lifts…it’d be fun to train for an event like that, but, altho I do power moves, I’m more into BB.

BUT - If you ever put together some kinda TN get together…Please contact me -

That - Would be a blast.