'Sexy Female Training' - Any Others?

Hey guys,

My g/f wants to start training and she is like 90% of women out there (doesn’t want to “get big,” wants to “tone,” etc). She asked me to design a program for her. She’s a total beginner.

So I came across this article by Chad

Awesome find. Fits the description of what I need real well. I may have her do a few weeks of something else to get a bit of a base initially (so thoughts on that are welcome) then follow the plan above. She’s not totally scared of weights and trusts my advice which is good!

However main question is are there other similar articles to this on T-Nation (or other worthy sites) that you would recommend?

1. I’d like to continue gathering information on training/program design for the typical female goals stated.
  2. It’d be nice to have another plan to give here after 8 weeks on something like this to keep things interesting… otherwise I’ll try and identify the goal of the various exercises and switch them up on my own (e.g. replace lateral raise with dumbbell press for delt work)

I’ve been perusing the figure athlete article archives w/out much luck b/c of the nature of the community. (I realize most of the women here are more hard core, respect)

Thanks!

p.s. also found this… perhaps a good start for the first few weeks to get her going
http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/training/vixen_liftin_the_comprehensive_program

but mainly the points Chad hits home are what I’m aiming at.

Juliet Deane on Elite is pretty fine, and she uses 5-3-1 (6-4-2?). My own girlfriend has been doing 531 for more than a year. She definitely hasn’t bulked up and I believe she’s now working with a +BW squat for reps, starting from a complete novice. 531 is not high rep/high frequency and it’s not gonna make you massive if you choose your assistance intelligently.

convince her that she wont become Jay Cutler over night from strength training

The problem with this:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Juliet Deane on Elite is pretty fine, and she uses 5-3-1 (6-4-2?). My own girlfriend has been doing 531 for more than a year. She definitely hasn’t bulked up and I believe she’s now working with a +BW squat for reps, starting from a complete novice. 531 is not high rep/high frequency and it’s not gonna make you massive if you choose your assistance intelligently. [/quote]

is this:

haha

but I’ll take a look, thanks!

and how do I post on the figure athlete forums? do i need a new username?
-cant log in with my current one
-cant register with the same name

just want to make sure im not missing something before i create a new unnecessary account