Sexual Problems Even After Stopping Antidepressant

Could be PSSD sadly. Some theorise antidepressents can mess with androgen receptors leading to testosterone resistance / insensitivity, consequently you may require more hormone to achieve the same effect. I have the same persisting symptoms after taking Finasteride. I think its worth trying TRT and seeing how you feel, treat the symptoms man. Good luck

1 Like

Before you start adding any further treatments, how much VD are you taking? Too much has been known to lower E2.

Yes I know from PSSD thanks.

20.000 IE per week but that was after the first test.

How long did it take you to get there? Iā€™m in the same boat, and Iā€™m having an extremely hard time adapting to TRT. I feel like shit on it thus far, but maybe I havenā€™t found the right protocol?

Been dealing with sides from lasting sides from a few months of prozac for 4-5 years nowā€¦ sigh

May I ask what dose you are running, regimen, and was there an ā€œadjustment periodā€ where you felt worse before better? Thanks.

You didnā€™t happen to add an additional zero on their by mistake did ya?
20,000 IU of D3 is roughly 10x the recommended dose. Iā€™d scale that way back and see what happens.

Seems like a pretty common dose to me. Doctors will usually prescribe 50,000iu/ week to treat deficiency, then back off for a maintenance dose. I take ~35,000iu just to keep my D in a normal range.

1 Like

This dose is legit for a diagnosed deficiency.

Started high quality T gel this week!

Good luck man, I hope it works out. Keep us updated. Iā€™m about 3 weeks into my TRT regiment to treat persistent sexual issues after Finasteride. Keep in touch.

Wild to read this. I was on SSRIā€™s for about 7-8 months. Still dealing with the side effects a year or two later. AND I have to take way more test to reach the levels most get on 150mg/wk. any way to fix this?

Itā€™s mostly hypothetical and anecdotal at this point man. The variety of symptoms with PSSD is wide and there may be multiple different mechanisms of actions contributing to symptoms, similar story with PFS.

You just need to treat the symptoms dude, if you need more test to feel normal, than that is how your body responds. Find the minimum effective dose to treat symptoms while still being able to maintain healthy blood work.

I hypothesis that this issue may fix with time as our bodies return to homeostasis. Also high dose androgens, say when you blast testosterone, has been shown to actually upregulate the androgen receptors, so high dose TRT may help restore sensitivity over time so that down the track you can drop your TRT to a lower weekly dose, maybe.

Again, Iā€™m no expert man and what Iā€™m saying is mostly hypothetical. Iā€™m just someone in a similar situation trying to solve a similar issue and this is my thought process.

Yea TRT has helped a lot but not much with the pssd issues. I switched to a private clinic about 7-8 (maybe more?) months ago who wasnā€™t afraid to proscribe a large amount of T (still have normal levels). I actually just finished a blast and noticed zero side effects, good or bad. Literally couldnā€™t tell my TRT dose had changed. I found a PSSD sub on Reddit, not much solid info :joy:

Any updates?

Iā€™m here to bring you the sad news. Unfortunately Iā€™ve just learned that user Trazohell committed suicide some 1.5 months ago. Iā€™ve talked to him a lot through the Facebook messenger since we suffered from the same PSSD condition induced by Trazodone.
He was very depressed and desperate to find the solution. He tried many things but nothing seemed to help and permanently improve his condition. It really hit him so hard and he kept saying that the life without sexual pleasure is meaningless. I wish we could have helped him more. Itā€™s so sad that a young life has been lost because of something which could have been totally avoided. Thatā€™s why it is so important to raise awareness by spreading word of this terrible condition which is claiming more and more young lives. I hope you are in a better place now Trazohell.

May he rest in piece.

Very sorry for your loss and iā€™m sorry to hear what happened.

I know for myself, not having a libido or sexual drive is very depressing, and lonely. It stops me from trying to form relationships as i feel like an actor. I wish i could find a solution.

2 Likes

Damn. Sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Man, thatā€™s really unfortunate. I feel like we could have troubleshooted more. Very sorry to hear this.

Broh science advices from internet strangers doesnā€™t count as a medical treatment, he tried a lot of shit from pseudo internet gurus that use people as guinea pigs.
Sorry but trazo was dumb as fuck

A lot of doctors donā€™t even acknowledge that this is even a real issue. Iā€™ve read countless stories of that as well as experienced it first hand.