Sexism in Powerlifting

Where do you live? The nation might be able to help you out, might have to do a little drive too. Don’t subject yourself to this just to train.

1 Like

That’s lame. I agree with the others, find someplace better to train. It’s their choice to have a club with dumb rules. If they’re going to do that though, i can’t imagine they’d be all that bright in the gym either.

Well, it looks like you don’t really have another option for now. I would look into other gyms or PL clubs when possible, or get equipment at home. On the bright side, at least you have a gym to train in, gyms are closed indefinitely in a lot of places.

What is the name of this club anyway? The No Girls Allowed club? I thought they would be meeting in a treehouse or something, the gym is really a step up.

1 Like

“He-man woman haters club.”

4 Likes

There’s actually a few gyms in my area that are men-only and have been since they opened in the 70’s. How they’ve survived that way, I have no idea.

I can understand how the sight of tight yoga pants might be harmful mid max effort squats but this is crazy…

2 Likes

Our powerlifting crew is made up of male and female lifters all weight classes as well. We all help each other.