T Nation

Sex, Squats, and Rock 'n Roll

Oh that sucks about the 100# plates. Did you talk to them about it?

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Oh that sucks about the 100# plates. Did you talk to them about it?[/quote]

Sent an email right from the gym.

It’s a ‘key entry’ gym, so no one is ever there.

They’re more worried about keeping the floor clean than fostering a serious training environment. Not what they sold me on when I first joined up. The nice equipment is useless if you can’t load enough weight to progress on it.

i also don’t understand why they’d get rid of it iff only one or two people use it. Unless it was taking up large amounts of space.

Great work, i’ve had to lookup what the hell a HS dip machine would even look like because of you!

Cooked this tonight inspired by your cooking thread, not sure it’s appropriate for an anabolic cooking thread but its got bacon, beer, clams, and hell it seems pretty Italian to me:

PS. Sorry about the hundo plates, didn’t catch the latest news when i posted this
PPS. Posted a pic of the clams, I can’t see em but trust me they were delicious looking

Goin like a lot of gym. Sell memberships, run the people through. No big strong types to make the normals feel inadequate and scare them off. Them big ole 45s are pretty intimidating, too. Pilates anyone? Good work outs.

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

Very entertaining thread my man.[/quote]

Top 5 ‘funniest shit ever’!!!

Just quit one of my gyms. Full exchange here:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/training_environment_priceless?pageNo=2#4359514

A little background-- first they locked up the 110-140 db’s because someone ‘dropped’ them on the floor which they claim broke the floor (lol). My workout partner and I protested, but to no avail.

Now this. They got some new 45# plates and took the two 100# plates off the floor. I use those for back work (and more recently shoulder work). Show stopper.

They’re more interested in having a pristine gym than actually having people come to the gym. If you sneeze in there, you’re likely to get an email saying “We saw you sneeze in the gym. Could you please not sneeze in the gym. Thanks”

It’s been flogged ad nauseum, but commercial gyms are really about being mediocre now. I think that is gotta change at some point, I know enough of the trainers in my commercial gym that are fed up with crappy equipment etc and want to be able to actually train people effectively. Who knows.

[quote]Scotto wrote:
Great work, i’ve had to lookup what the hell a HS dip machine would even look like because of you!

Cooked this tonight inspired by your cooking thread, not sure it’s appropriate for an anabolic cooking thread but its got bacon, beer, clams, and hell it seems pretty Italian to me:

PS. Sorry about the hundo plates, didn’t catch the latest news when i posted this
PPS. Posted a pic of the clams, I can’t see em but trust me they were delicious looking[/quote]

Alas, no more plates, no more gym membership…

Hey, repost the clams, bacon, and beer – that’s what matters!

SHoulders

db shoulder press (hi back):
45x15
65x12
85x10
100x10
110x6, x5

Smith High Incline:
1pps x 15
2pps x 10
2p+25ps x 8

DB Lat Raise:
35x20
45x17
55x12
65x12
75x10+2
85x8+3+1

BB Shrug:
135x20
225x10, x20
315x17, x12

Strick -

Look at 0:20

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Alas, no more plates, no more gym membership…

Hey, repost the clams, bacon, and beer – that’s what matters![/quote]

Thick cut uncured bacon, little neck clams, a good quality Belgian beer, garlic, onions, mmmm

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Strick -

Look at 0:20

[/quote]

Thanks, Steely. That is pretty much what I was thinking, except how far forward his hands are.

Armzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cable Curls:
4 ramped sets 20-8 reps

DB Floor Press (neut grip)
75x15
100x12
110x10
120x6, x6, x5

EZ Bar P.Curlzzzzzzzzz
3 sets ramped 15-9 reps

EZ Bar Skull Cr.
3 sets ramped 12-8 reps

Sun: Hodgepodge-- Deadlifffs, Hams, Shrugs, Lateral Delts, Calves

Mon: Bench

135x10
225x10
275x8
315x6
305x5
315x5

Incl. DB:
65x12
100x10
110x12
120x9, x7, x6

Chest Flye Machine: 2x12
DB Curls: 2x12

Leaving for FL (work) at 4am. Gotta go. Might check in if I can, but I’m gonna be strapped for time. Got to teach a training course and still getting prepared UGGGGHHH!!!

DUDE! What do you do for a living?

Nice picture of dinner. I think I messed my pants.

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
DUDE! What do you do for a living?
[/quote]

I’m a software developer. Part of that is flying around training people how to use it.

Did back at ‘guest gym’ in Florida:

Tbar rows:
1p x 20
2p x 15
3p x 13
4p x 10
5p x 6, x10

Plate loaded row (not HS):
2pps x 12
3pps x 10
4pps x 7 + 3
4pps x 10

Rear delt DB:
3 setx 12-10 reps

HS Shrugs:
2pps x 20
3pps x 20
4pps x 12
5pps x 10, x8
3pps x 15

Rear delt cable x-over:
3 sets x 20-10

Cable low row: 3 sets x 15-10 reps, last 270x10

Cable curls: 3 sets x 10 (to fail on last set)

BB curls: 3 sets x 10, to fail on last

Broke a molar eating dinner. Faaaaack! I’m on the road so I hope it doesn’t start hurting!

That guest gym seemed pretty well equiped.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
That guest gym seemed pretty well equiped.[/quote]

x2

And nice on the road workout.

Broke a molar? Obviously you are protein deficient!