Sex, Squats, and Rock 'n Roll

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Looking good Steely! Are you still on a eating plan? You done blew up son![/quote]

Thanks man-- good to see you around here again!

Yes eating plan: I plan on eating about 10 eggs within the hour.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Looking good Steely! Are you still on a eating plan? You done blew up son![/quote]

Thanks man-- good to see you around here again!

Yes eating plan: I plan on eating about 10 eggs within the hour.[/quote]

Brefus.

10eggs + braunschweiger.

10 eggs? Aren’t you worried abut cholesterol? lol

One of the secrets to your incredible growth, no doubt. Amazing progress and work.

Nice, Looks like you are doing the Body Opus or the A diet as it was reinvented around here. I’m doing the same but trying to drop into the 242’s…

Very entertaining thread my man.

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

Very entertaining thread my man.[/quote]

It had to be done…

Great thread Steely

ARmZ-

OH Cable Rope Extensions:
4 sets 12-8 reps

BB Curls:
4 sets 12-6 reps

HS Dips:
4 sets 10-7 reps

Seated DB Hammer Curls:
4 sets 12-7 reps

Triceps Cable P/D (flat bar attachment)
3 sets 15-10 reps

Saturday night cheat meal: 2 Quarter Pounders w/Cheese, 2 large fries… LOL… I don’t know how, but this afternoon (Sunday) I went the the next (skinnier) belt loop on my lifting belt… HA!

Sunday: AM: Stretchy, foam rolly.

PM: Posterior

Sumo Deads:
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x3
455x1
475 x FAIL Bitch!
(Will try to post form vids soon)

Trap Bar Shrugs:
135x20
225x15
315x12
405x10
495x10
515x3
315x12

SLDL: 2 sets x 10 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl Machine
3 sets x 12-8 reps

Lat Pullover Machine
3 sets x 12-10 reps

Deads felt better today. Really thought about form and stance. PeteS and MMeat’s voices in my head (ass down, look up, feet wide, toes out, spread floor, don’t be a little bitch, etc etc)

Edit: Here’s vid

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Saturday night cheat meal: 2 Quarter Pounders w/Cheese, 2 large fries… LOL… I don’t know how, but this afternoon (Sunday) I went the the next (skinnier) belt loop on my lifting belt… HA![/quote]

I look forward to those meals. I feel like the fat lady in spandex that orders the left side of the menu and tops it off with a diet coke.

That thread you started was hilarious. You’re right, it needed to be said.

Oh, nice lifting.

[quote]hawkcapt1912 wrote:

I look forward to those meals. I feel like the fat lady in spandex that orders the left side of the menu and tops it off with a diet coke.

[/quote]

I did opt for the 2 bottles of water :wink:

Do not let your arms bend while pulling, esp. not the one applying the underhand grip (!).

Your build is pretty good for pulling this way… You may make it up to some really big poundages eventually. Just don’t max out too often…

Might want to take some more time setting up though, and make sure your lower back/pelvis are in the right position, abs braced, legs flexed etc just before pulling on each rep… (not that your back looked bad, but it’s too easy to develop bad habits when you rush things like that and the weight gets heavier).

Other than that, your pulls looked really good overall. I can’t tell from the angle, are you doing regular sumo or modified (I’m guessing regular?).

Out of curiosity… Do you actually need the mixed grip yet? Bad knurling? With hands in line with your shoulders or ever so slightly narrower and a good bar, you should be able to hold onto a lot more weight double-overhand compared to a Conv. DL grip… A little less risk of a tear that way too… I’m just worried about your arms bending like they did and you missing lifts and then tearing your underhand bi…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

It’s black history month. [/quote]

I had no idea such a thing existed.

I bet professor X made it all up.

good work in here Steely

I liked watching the vid. Sumo seems to be your thing. And what unfortunate music in your gym…

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
I liked watching the vid. Sumo seems to be your thing. And what unfortunate music in your gym…[/quote]

The beauty of headphonse and mp3’s.

I don’t know what the loop is at that gym. A typical block of music might sound something like this:

Born To Run - Springstein
Rio - Duran Duran
Changes - Ziggy Stardust
Superfreak - Rick James
Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain and Tenille
War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Quick Bench Night:

135x10
225x12
275x10
315x5 (+1 finger spot)
325x3 (+1 finger spot)

CGBP:
225x10
245x12
275x9
315x4

nice work
pulling is looking better and getting bigger pulls

Back:

TBar:
1-4 plates: 12 reps, 5 plates x 10 reps

HS Pulldown
1pps x 12
2pps x 10
2p+25ps x 10
3pps x 10, x6

HS High Row:
1-4pps x 12
5pps x 5 + 5

BB Shrug (strict + head down)
135x20
225x15
315x12
405x5, x10 (don’t know what happened with the 5…)

Fucking gym has gotten rid of the 100# plates that I use on the TBar and Low Row to get 6 plates (and shoulder press to get 4+ plates). No warning, just gone. I know for a fact I’m the only person that uses them. Pissing me off. First the 110-140 db’s get locked up, now the big plates. “We don’t want powerlifters and bodybuilders” - quote from a local news article.

Oh that sucks about the 100# plates. Did you talk to them about it?