Sex Offenders

[quote]yorik wrote:
The “hardcore” offenders, the ones who needed rehabilitation, chose to not participate.[/quote]

Then we’d need some kind of reward/punishment scheme towards people like this.

Non-cooperation could mean serving the full, maximum sentence.

Full participation in, say, 24-weeks of intensive psychotherapy and ongoing follow-up group therapy sessions, participating in social/recreation programs, could result in being moved into another area with “safer” prisoners, more recreation time, etc.

We can’t just throw someone in a hole and invest 20 years of negativity into them and expect them to come back out of it full of zest and vigor for a full and productive life. To reap the crop you have to plant the seed. There’s no other way about it.

Therapy sessions?

That’s rehabilitation for these fuckers?

I’m thinking something like from the movie: “one who flew over the cuckoo’s nest” with Jack Nicholson.

That’ll fix em right up.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Therapy sessions?

That’s rehabilitation for these fuckers?

I’m thinking something like from the movie: “one who flew over the cuckoo’s nest” with Jack Nicholson.

That’ll fix em right up.[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of “A Clockwork Orange.”

Elbow:

As a society, we are finally coming to the realization that there is no “rehabilitation” of the habitual Sex Offender…

The word “habitual” is extremely important here, because many people are accused of Sex Crimes and are on registries who are not really pathologic (eg that 21 year old who had sex with a 16 year old who looked 30; someone who “touched” someone inappropriately and inadvertently, by the SLIMMEST of legal definitions, etc.)

I am taking about the hardcore, repeat, Child Predator…there is no rehabilitation for them.

Mufasa

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
csuson wrote:
On second thought, maybe it’s time we cleaned the fucking filth from our society. Let’s shoot the bastards.

I’m the first to say that we have gotten too weak and too forgiving as a society. But killing the sex offenders would make us as bad or worse than those we oppose. It is not right to kill a sick person, because they are sick. These are not normal, functional individuals. As the laws are written right now, they get the assigned penalty for their crimes, then regain their freedom. In order to do something about this morally, and ethically, we would have to change the laws from the inside out the proper way, and then enforce the new laws. [/quote]

I dont care WHY they do it. They’re sick? Yes, i absolutely agree. But they still have the ability to distinguish between right and wrong. I dont care what crap NAMBLA spews about children being sexual beings, coercive sex - whether because of kidnapping, threats, pressure, whatever - is wrong, and everyone knows that.

Wholesale slaughter? No the people you listed killed groups of peopel at a time because of their ethnicity, not because of something they had done. If a pedophile can restrain himself (doubtful) then fine, no one will know he’s apedophile. If he slips up, then its likely he’ll do it again. In that case he is a disease to be eradicated

I dont even know what to say to this it seems a bit melodramatic

all this being said, in the end I’m opposed to the death penalty for teh simple reason that I dont trust our courts to get it right. Too high a likelihood of an innocent guy being convicted

How about castration?

Chemical Castration has been tried and failed…

Physical Castration would not be tolerated in our Society and by our Constitution…(“i.e. Cruel and Unusual…”)

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I am taking about the hardcore, repeat, Child Predator…there is no rehabilitation for them.
Mufasa[/quote]

What do you think of electrotherapy?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Murder is 25 to life in many states. I see not reason why a repeat child molestor shouldn’t get a similar penalty. Has someone whose raped 5 ten-year old girls fulfilled their debt to soceity by a few years in prison. Many states currently have recidivist statutes for much lesser crimes. Things like 3 strikes rules-where the penalty for petty crimes for repeat offenders is exponentially increased on the notion that they haven’t fulfilled their dead to to society. They continue to violate society’s rule and enact a greater debt by the numerosity of the crimes even if each indiviual crime is minimal. The issue is complicated in single-time sex offenders. But the recividism is so high as said. It’s still somewhat problematic to punish someone to a greater degree because of the high likelihood that they committ future crimes. But I feel more comfortable in this case than others because of the staggeringly high rate of recidivism. And totally comfortable for those who’ve actually repeatedly raped or molested young children. I don’t see this as much less of crime than murder or one where the perpetrator has much less debt they owe to society.[/quote]

I’m completely fine with that. If that is what the law states when the offender commits the crime. In order for the law to be law it has to be consistent and equal to EVERYONE under it. That means molesters as well.

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
You can’t convince me otherwise that if they knew for certain that swift and certain death would await them, there would be much less of this happening. Killing these menaces to society is not going to cause a decline in civilization.[/quote]

That is bull shit and you know it. They are going to do what they do because they do it, regardless of the outcome. This is a fact.

I will not hand over to you, or any man, the right over life and death of anyone. Criminal or not. This is also a fact.

You do not have the right to decide that these people die. When and if the law changes, and the death penalty is legal for these offenders, then I will fight it until my last breath. We are all people, no one has the right to decide life and death over another.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
I dont care WHY they do it. They’re sick? Yes, i absolutely agree. But they still have the ability to distinguish between right and wrong. I dont care what crap NAMBLA spews about children being sexual beings, coercive sex - whether because of kidnapping, threats, pressure, whatever - is wrong, and everyone knows that. [/quote]

Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. This is no matter. The facts of the matter are, the law as written states otherwise, and we have to uphold the law as written until we change it.

Secondly, Being an American Citizen gives you rights. I would not see my right taken or abused, nor yours, nor even the criminal. They have the same rights as we do. It sucks. But when we take their rights, we may as well be taking ours.

You, nor I, nor anyone has the right to make the decision that this disease needs to be eradicated.

[quote]
the slippery slope argument here is really, really weak, for two reasons:

1. there is a HUGE difference between sex crimes and other crimes

2. Most of the sexual “deviancies” you listed are consensual[/quote]

Is it? The argument is weak? Lets look at other things here and compare. Gun regulations and control? Slippery slope downhill quickly. Supplements, same deal. Pro-Hormones, same deal. Sexual Harassment law(which im for, but when a guy says to female co-worker you look good and gets sued its bull shit), same deal. [quote]

I dont even know what to say to this it seems a bit melodramatic

all this being said, in the end I’m opposed to the death penalty for teh simple reason that I dont trust our courts to get it right. Too high a likelihood of an innocent guy being convicted[/quote]

Here we agree.

I started to read through all the responses and there are many that I agree with.
People like this that take advantage of kids should be punished in the worst degree.
Personally, I wouldnt mind sentencing sex offenders to death.
If it were my kid that was preyed upon, I would be the one on trial because I can promise you that the man who did it wouldnt have an able bone in his body left.
Just my opinion.

One other thing that has to be pointed out…

Child rape not only exacts a toll on the child and their family…it has a ripple effect on society throughout the Life of the victim.

In many cases, the victim will become a perpetrator. And in those cases where they do not, there is often a Lifelong trail of difficulty with interpersonal relationships, physical and psychological scars, often crime and general inability to cope.

Child rape is a crime that NO one can ever “pay back to society” by some ridiculously short time spent in prison.

Mufasa

From a societal aspect, there is something else that irks me…

The inability for us to call it what it is…Child Rape…

We will use terms like “Assault on a child…”; “1st degree blah, blah…”

A bunch of watered-down terms that tends to lessen what the perpetrator has actually done.

Mufasa

Put them feet first through a meat grinder. Just make sure it is a real predatory sex offender and not some 18 year old getting a BJ from a 16 year old.

Just to chime in here. My little brother (who was 22 at the time) had been dating a girl for three years. They ended up breaking up, and she was so pissed about it that she called the cops and said he raped her. No physical evidence, no one heard anything (even though she lived in a packed apartment complex), and no physical symptoms (even though she said he had pounded her head in the ground for about five minutes, and he was a collegiate wrestler who weighed around 230).

The prosecutors in ohio decided to prosecute him anyway, and after three years they went to trial. The thing wsa a cirus. His ex stammered on the stand and couldn’t get anything right, and to make matters worse for her, her cellhpone record was admitted into evidence to show she had been trying to contact him at not one, not two, but three different phone numbers over six months.

Her reasoning for this? Her cellphone randomly called numbers, and thats why she got rid of it…phew. To make a long story short, he won his case, except that the jury trial judge allowed one count of gross sexual imposition stand, because he admitted to TOUCHING HER ASS. Now he has to register in the state of ohio for ten years as a sexually oriented offender. That decision is under appeal.

My point is this. You cannot judge every case just on the charges involved. Child predators do need to be severely punished. I do not know what I would do if someone hurt my daughter. I feel for every person affected by these people. I just have a new take on it after I have seen how easy it is for someone to say rape, and how someone else’s life can be drastically screwed up because of it.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
From a societal aspect, there is something else that irks me…

The inability for us to call it what it is…Child Rape…

We will use terms like “Assault on a child…”; “1st degree blah, blah…”

A bunch of watered-down terms that tends to lessen what the perpetrator has actually done.

Mufasa[/quote]

Generally, I agree. But it’s not only that. Rape has a very specific definition, usually involving penetration. It’s called sexual assault to encompass a broader cateogory. An adult forcing a child to touch THEIR genitals or give them a blowjob is not rape, but it’s still sexual assault and molestation, and we’d still want certainly want to classify and punish the perpetrator as a sex offender.

Zap brings up an important point that I can’t stress enough…

There are “technical” Sex Offenders (that 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old)…

Then there are Child Rapist and Predators…

Too often, we don’t distinguish the two, especially on registries.

Mufasa

Just remove everything between their legs.

[quote]csuson wrote:
On second thought, maybe it’s time we cleaned the fucking filth from our society. Let’s shoot the bastards. [/quote]

Good idea! Let’s make a television show out of it and call it ‘The Running Man’. Put the chosen dude on an island and have him hunted by former Navy Seals. If he lasts 24 hours, he’s free! A cool new reality show!

Better yet, put 'em at one end of a large swimming pool which has 4 or 5 hungry sharks in it. Make a small cut on the dude’s arm so he bleeds. If he makes it to the other end of the pool, he gets to go free. 'Swim With The Sharks!, with you host Bob Barker!!

Think of the ratings…