T Nation

Sex Offenders Busted on Xbox

Sex offenders booted from Xbox Live, other game networks

The online video-gaming accounts of more than 3,500 convicted New York sex offenders have been abruptly yanked, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced yesterday.

Under Operation: Game Over, the manufacturers of online video-game networks are cross-checking their customer lists with the state Sex Offender Registry to keep pervs from trolling sites in hopes of luring kids into personal encounters.

Participating companies include Apple;Blizzard Entertainment; Disney; Electronic Arts; Microsoft; Sony and Warner Bros.

â??We must ensure that on-line video-game systems do not become a digital playground for predators,â?? said Schneiderman, noting that some manufacturers have yet to comply.

Video-game players compete online and can exchange text messages and e-mails and chat on speaker or via video. The rapid and frequent interaction is fertile ground for pedophiles, Schneiderman and child advocates agree.

Under New York state law, convicted sex offenders must register all of their e-mail addresses, screen names and other Internet IDs with authorities.

That information is then made available to video-game makers and Web-site operators, who can then choose to purge any potential predators

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/06/sex-offenders-booted-from-xbox-live-other-game-networks/?test=latestnews#ixzz1rGg7RVht

They need to be careful. If they ban every kid who has allegedly raped my mother there won’t be very many players left.

this belongs to PWI, which, ironically, is a cesspool filled to the brim with itsy-bitsy fairy tales of the utmost importance.

“I’m telling you, Vader died so Skywalker may live!” - “No, Skywalker killed his father for our sins, listen to the special edition cut!” Serially superimportant stuff

OP:
No one likes the pedo-stalker, right?
So why stop with game accounts, should they be allowed to get online at all?
Seems too dangerous for such a carnal beast. He’ll cruise facebook all day looking for young victims.

And why should he have a car? Cars can help him increase his predatory range. Cars can also KILL.

Why not lock them in some sort of camp where he can work productively?
Isn’t that all he can hope for, anyway? To be of use when the mighty state could crush him under his heel, rightfully so, as he is a MONSTER that probably browses the internet all day, looking for victims!?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
this belongs to PWI, which, ironically, is a cesspool filled to the brim with itsy-bitsy fairy tales of the utmost importance.

“I’m telling you, Vader died so Skywalker may live!” - “No, Skywalker killed his father for our sins, listen to the special edition cut!” Serially superimportant stuff

OP:
Seems too dangerous for such a carnal beast. He’ll cruise facebook all day looking for young victims.

And why should he have a car? Cars can help him increase his predatory range. Cars can also KILL.

Isn’t that all he can hope for, anyway? To be of use when the mighty state could crush him under his heel, rightfully so, as he is a MONSTER that probably browses the internet all day, looking for victims!?
[/quote]Really they should just get the death penalty and the rest won’t matter.

OP:

[/quote]

Woah! pump ya brakes stud there is a reason I didn’t post this in PWI (mostly cause it’s not that important it’s just funny)

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Really they should just get the death penalty and the rest won’t matter.
[/quote]
2 second google fu

Yep, off with his head.

another 5 sec lazy research
http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1876416971/Lawmakers-Public-urination-shouldnt-lead-to-sex-offender-status

Right, they should all die.

[quote]gonepostal wrote:
Woah! pump ya brakes stud there is a reason I didn’t post this in PWI (mostly cause it’s not that important it’s just funny)[/quote]

Sorry, dude, that’s not how it works.

If shit happens and someone posts:
Lolz so they bomb the Teheranz now how awezome is dat so cool
Some opinionator might have a different opinion on which he’d like to opine on.

Internet = Serious

And to the op, you know how this works, they begin with the math teachers, then the firemen and so on in that fashion until everyone is eaten.

[quote]gonepostal wrote:
Woah! pump ya brakes stud there is a reason I didn’t post this in PWI (mostly cause it’s not that important it’s just funny)[/quote]

Internet = Serious

And to the op, you know how this works, they begin with the math teachers, then the firemen and so on in that fashion until everyone is eaten.[/quote]

I personally think its a little fucked up, what is the point of taking all the outlets of enjoying ones self? Especially since these guys have had so much taken away from them?(not saying it wasn’t right) but I mean you keep an animal cornered hes going do something drastic. At least with video games they would have a outlet.

This is probably a little too far in this whole sex offender hysteria that America has. I mean can’t even flip to a news channel without hearing about sex offenders. Makes people feel like everybody is a potential rapist.

My roommate is actually friends with a guy (early 20’s) who is a registered sex offender because he was caught pissing outside of a bar at ~11:45pm.

The funny part is that he only had maybe two or three beers in him.

Fucking ridiculous. I mean, even the six year old he was showering thought it was a bogus charge.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

OP:

[/quote]Really they should just get the death penalty and the rest won’t matter.
[/quote]

They are all guilty, right? Especially this guy: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/innocent_father_jailed_for_9_years

I am of the belief, once you do your time, and are let out of prison, you are entitled to the same rights and freedoms as everyone else. You take away their xbox live, guess what, now they are going to get in their car and head to the nearest mall. As with anything else, you can’t stop people from getting what they want, they will always find alternative ways of getting it. Parents just need to be more protective of their kids and not just let the run around by themselves.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
I am of the belief, once you do your time, and are let out of prison, you are entitled to the same rights and freedoms as everyone else. You take away their xbox live, guess what, now they are going to get in their car and head to the nearest mall. As with anything else, you can’t stop people from getting what they want, they will always find alternative ways of getting it. Parents just need to be more protective of their kids and not just let the run around by themselves. [/quote]

Valid point.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
I am of the belief, once you do your time, and are let out of prison, you are entitled to the same rights and freedoms as everyone else. You take away their xbox live, guess what, now they are going to get in their car and head to the nearest mall. As with anything else, you can’t stop people from getting what they want, they will always find alternative ways of getting it. Parents just need to be more protective of their kids and not just let the run around by themselves. [/quote]

While I agree parents need to keep a better watch on their kids, Xbox Live is still a private service run by a private company, and they are well within their rights to refuse service to anyone they want to.

I can’t blame them, after all these stories that have come out about pedder asses picking up kids on XBL and molesting them. That kind of press isn’t exactly good for business or public image.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]gonepostal wrote:

Internet = Serious

And to the op, you know how this works, they begin with the math teachers, then the firemen and so on in that fashion until everyone is eaten.[/quote]

[/quote]
I suppose quoting Emperor Lrrr equals superserial.

[quote]overstand wrote:
They need to be careful. If they ban every kid who has allegedly raped my mother there won’t be very many players left.[/quote]

Im surprised more people didnt find this funny.

i lold

[quote]andy1977 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

OP:

[/quote]

They are all guilty, right? Especially this guy: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/innocent_father_jailed_for_9_years[/quote]
Shit happens. Plan for the greater good.

I see now why some guys have gone missing…

From what I read about this, Operation: Game over is not a law, it is a bunch of companies that are voluntarily cooperating with the request of the state of New York. If this was a matter of New York passing a law that forced companies to not allow sex offenders to have accounts, then I would have a problem, but I believe that companies should have the right to decide if they want to allow known predators to have any kind of access to the rest of their customers.