Sex ID Test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/index_cookie.shtml

Some researchers say that men can have ‘women’s brains’ and that women can think more like men.
Find out more about ‘brain sex’ differences by taking the Sex ID test, a series of visual challenges and questions used by psychologists in the BBC One television series Secrets of the Sexes:
Get a brain sex profile and find out if you think like a man or a woman.
See if you can gaze into someone’s eyes and know what they’re thinking.
Find out why scientists are interested in the length of your fingers.
See how your results relate to theories about brain sex.

I got exactly 50 points male, which is exactly the average for men. The score was probably off-set towards a female value because I scored high at the verbal fluency test, which is supposedly a female trait (so, men are inarticulate morons, huh?). That was surely balanced by my score at the empathy test, which clearly indicated I’m a jerk - a masculine “quality”. :slight_smile:

Great test.

100% man.

I could’ve told you that.

The average scores on some of those things were surprisingly low. I only bombed on empathy, remember the difference (it’s late and I’m tired), and word association. I like feminine women too. Again, I could’ve told you that.

I destroyed angles and spatial. I ended up getting 25% male. I must have some redeeming empathetic qualities. So basically I’m the perfect person…ha

I scored 3 out of 20 on the empathy test.

But nailed the facial expressions.

This is an artifact of my job and training. People try to lie to me all the time and I have very little sympathy for the situations they find themselves in. I also have been trained to read people; their facial expressions and body language.

I also really, really hate getting cornered and having to listen to someones sob story or latest drama. This is why I have headphones at my computer.

Interesting test. I scored in the male region in in two out of the three groups. On the third one I was right in the middle.

Empathizing: 2 out of 20

Spot the difference: 93%

Thus, the “male” and “female” portions of my brain balance each other out. I am perfect and require no one else for my complete happiness.

[quote]gojira wrote:
This is an artifact of my job and training. People try to lie to me all the time and I have very little sympathy for the situations they find themselves in. I also have been trained to read people; their facial expressions and body language.
[/quote]

What job would that be, if you dont mind me asking?

9 out of 20 for empathising…I’m getting soft. I need to go watch Saving Private Ryan or something with some killing\betrayal in it.

I kicked ass on the 3D shapes, Angles, and recognizing facial emotions. I got a perfect score on the shapes and angles and 9 out of 10 on the eyes\emotion test, which is spot on since I’m very good at telling how people are feeling or what mood they are in.

An overall accurate test, even though I would’ve preferred to be more than 50% percent male :stuck_out_tongue: .

Christ, I’m gay!

I was 50% either way…

I got a 0, dead in the middle.

I’m puttin my results below so I can compare them with my wife after she takes this.

20 for 20 on the angles.

79% for spot the difference

Left brain dominant (I’m ambidextrious, though, so I don’t think it really counts)

Empathy 4 out of 20

Systemizing 19 out of 20

Eyes 9 out of 10

right hand ratio: 0.93
left hand ratio: 0.96

Prefer more feminine faces.

12 out of 12 shapes

15 total words

Demanded 25 pounds

I scored 25 toward Male. Though, I think my results are skewed based on how capable I am at all the tasks.

Male dominant skills:
20 out of 20 on angles
12 out of 12 on 3d shapes

Other indicators of masculinity:
4 out of 20 on empathy
15 out of 20 on systemizing
0.94 & 0.95 finger ratio
Prefers feminine faces
Offered $1 (Yeah? Turn it down and get nothing.)

Female dominant skills:
64% on spot the difference
9 out of 10 on eyes
12.5 words average on vocabulary

So, basically, to have all-around intelligence takes away that much from masculinity? Then I’m glad to have not scored higher.

Anyways, I think this test makes people who are more skillful than average appear as mental androgynes.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Christ, I’m gay![/quote]

Haha! Now go find Dan Fouts.

(In that drop down box that asks you what you prefer, you did choose “women,” right? )

50% down the middle.

I aced the angles and 3D shapes but also got very high scores for empathising and reading faces/eyes.

50% towards women…probably because i can read eyes well…interestingly my left ring-to-index ratio is 0.88 and my right is 0.9 and I wanted 30 pounds out of the fifty. Those last two things suggest higher than normal testosterone.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
gojira wrote:

What job would that be, if you dont mind me asking?[/quote]

If I tell ya, I’d have to kill ya.

Just joking. I describe it in my profile. You should have access.

[quote]TeeVee69 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Christ, I’m gay!

Haha! Now go find Dan Fouts.

(In that drop down box that asks you what you prefer, you did choose “women,” right? )[/quote]

I was just being comical. I got 25% mens mind. I aced the systematic questions.

25% male. So over to the right a bit. I was surprised about the money thing. I never would’ve thought of anything other than a 50/50 split.

Also my ring fingers are slightly shorter than my index. Suggests not high T. Guess I better order some tribulus!

Wow. I must really be gay. I don’t even want to post my results.

Apparently I’m a greedy bastard. I offered $35.

This would be an interesting statistical study to do game theory on this.