Sex and Lifting?

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if to much sex or masterbation would effect strengths in the gym. Im not saying all the time but I feel weaker at the gym if i have sex that day? Is this normal or am i just fuckign wierd

[quote]livinthedream wrote:
Just wanted to know if anyone knows if to much sex or masterbation would effect strengths in the gym. Im not saying all the time but I feel weaker at the gym if i have sex that day? Is this normal or am i just fuckign wierd[/quote]

well sex does release hormones and shit that make you sleepy. why do you think you fall asleep(maybe its just me) pretty fast after. if anything wait till after you workout.

well its not that i plan doing it but sometimes i just do at like 11 and ill go to the gym at 4ish or so and i feel like a pussy there

Spike Shooter, red bull, i don’t know what to tell you.

I had sex less than 30mins before training the other day and almost died. This was fairly heavy cardio training though.

I have wanked and had sex many times before lifting weights and never noticed a difference.

I think it’s all in your head and of course depends on how athletic your sex is.

I hear it improves your grammar…

On a serious note, yes, prolactin is relased after you cum, making you feel tired. Thats usually temporary, though, depending on your age. It could actually be your CNS or just muscle fatigue depending on, uh, your activities.

I think there’s more of a connection than most people think. I haven’t noticed myself being extra tired in the gym after, but I have noticed that if I haven’t shot my load in a few days I get very irritable but also totally destroy the weights at the gym. However, I’m not about to be fuckin abstinent to lift more.

This reminds me of some how some old-school boxers used to say women made you weak in the knees. Also in movies like Raging Bull and Bull Durham they echo this same idea.

If one wanted to take advantage of this I would only abstain 1 day for a competition. It seems to me that more than that and you body will get used to gettin’ no play.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
livinthedream wrote:
Just wanted to know if anyone knows if to much sex or masterbation would effect strengths in the gym. Im not saying all the time but I feel weaker at the gym if i have sex that day? Is this normal or am i just fuckign wierd

well sex does release hormones and shit that make you sleepy. why do you think you fall asleep(maybe its just me) pretty fast after. if anything wait till after you workout.[/quote]

I agree. Save it for the showers ! ! !

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if to much sex or masterbation would effect strengths in the gym. Im not saying all the time but I feel weaker at the gym if i have sex that day? Is this normal or am i just fuckign wierd[/quote]

Nah. Whack away. It won’t affect your lifting ability. You may, however, have to have someone hand you the weights since you will probably go blind from pulling your pug so much.

the Gracie family has been really big on having no sex before a fight and I can’t remember how long before, but it was over a week. I don’t know how they do it.

It better if you do a workout it your chick and then shag before a shower… and then a nap.

I find that I last 37.5% longer if I bang down a couple of scoups of Power Drive before sex after a workout.

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if to much sex or masterbation would effect strengths in the gym.[/quote]

No it won’t affect you. It’s all in your head.

Sex can make you “tired” or relaxed, so that could be the reason for your lack of energy/motivation in the gym.

Dude have sex after you work out, its bangin cardio.

If you DON’T jack off or have sex within a week your testosterone levels will fall.

Yet another reason to not bang fat girls.

All this means you should just have sex while lifting

[quote]Big Dan wrote:
This reminds me of some how some old-school boxers used to say women made you weak in the knees. Also in movies like Raging Bull and Bull Durham they echo this same idea.
[/quote]

Well according to Mickie, he tells Rocky that so it must be true.

Hmm… I don’t live with my gf, so I only see her evenings or weekends. Always after my workout… It just works out that way.

All I know is I’m a way better fuck on off days that on “on days”. If I’m really spent I just let her do all the work. Dammit, she needs the workout more than i do.

I would probably abstain before a powerlifting meet… (maybe a day or 2) But before a bodybuilding show, if I had the energy, I would get my freak on as much as possible.

I would like to know what the actual scientific data is though… Does your T drop if you don’t have sex at all? Does your T drop if you do it too often? What would too often be?

Personally, I have noticed no ill, or positive effects over the last 15 years training, and I’ve had verying levels of sexual activity. But then, I’ve never abstained since puberty…

And I’m not about to now.

So, my questions are answered…

[quote]Jesse22 wrote:
the Gracie family has been really big on having no sex before a fight and I can’t remember how long before, but it was over a week. I don’t know how they do it.[/quote]

I guess Royce must have gone all Kliplemet before his match against Hughes…

You bunch of damn OCD dumb asses, the main point of pumping it up to look good nekkid is to have more\better sex. If lifting is interfering with sex I hope you got the nuts to pick sex. Otherwise you can be the buffest celibate bastard on the beach. Big F’ing deal.