T Nation

Several Cheeseburgers for Lunch

I believe, if one was to eat several cheeseburgers for lunch, any negative effects could be offset by better eating the rest of the meals.

Like, having a carb-cuttoff after that meal.
Or, no carbs at breakfast (instead, carb+fat meal).

What do you think?

Depends on their goals. If trying to gain or maintain weight while being very active, shoveling down some wonderful cheeseburger goodness would help.

If someone is trying to lean up, several burgers and buns may not be best unless for an occasional refeed or cheat or whatever you want to call it.

I am talkign about bulking. Sorry if i wasnt clear.

homemade cheeseburgers with decent ingredients like whole grain buns then yes

fast food cheeseburgers with fuck knows what inside probably not

It would be difficult to say for sure but I can tell you: Saturated fat decreases insulin sensitivity. Amount of insulin secreted is closely tied into amount of food consumed. Acid load from that hypothetical meal would be OFF THE CHARTS (can you say bone calcium loss)!! Digestion time would be absurd, blood which could be used to supply nutrients to the body and aid in repair and oxygen delivery would be wasted in the gut (at least partially) to aid in the digestion. Why EVER would you want to do this?!?!?

Once I had to help some friends of the family work on their house all day and went for something like 8 hours without eating.

It was hellish.

So since people were tired of my thinking out loud (aka complaining) I had an offer to buy me 10 cheeseburgers if I would eat them all in 10 minutes.

Easiest bet I ever won. Had a great workout the next day too.

I used to right off fast food, saying things like, at least I’m getting lots of protein. When I finally took the time to really read what I was putting in my body, I was discussed.

If I remember correctly a “5 dollar burger” from hardies has 72 grams of fat, 27 of which is saturated. As a result, I can’t even force myself to eat fast food. I literally get grossed out even thinking about it.

[quote]laroyal wrote:
It would be difficult to say for sure but I can tell you: Saturated fat decreases insulin sensitivity. Amount of insulin secreted is closely tied into amount of food consumed. Acid load from that hypothetical meal would be OFF THE CHARTS (can you say bone calcium loss)!! Digestion time would be absurd, blood which could be used to supply nutrients to the body and aid in repair and oxygen delivery would be wasted in the gut (at least partially) to aid in the digestion. Why EVER would you want to do this?!?!?[/quote]

Because cheese burgers are yummy. ; )

Actually, I’m eating a double buffalo meat burger right now with some nice red onion on a whole wheat bun. Awesome!

Eating “better” the rest of your meals?

Dude, it’s red meat, cheese, and bread. Ain’t nothing wrong with any of those.

You’re bulking, for God’s sake.

[quote]laroyal wrote:
It would be difficult to say for sure but I can tell you: Saturated fat decreases insulin sensitivity. Amount of insulin secreted is closely tied into amount of food consumed. Acid load from that hypothetical meal would be OFF THE CHARTS (can you say bone calcium loss)!! Digestion time would be absurd, blood which could be used to supply nutrients to the body and aid in repair and oxygen delivery would be wasted in the gut (at least partially) to aid in the digestion. Why EVER would you want to do this?!?!?[/quote]

Because cheeseburgers are awesome and delicious?

[quote]laroyal wrote:

I agree, but I’m not totally anti sat-fat. After all this and cholesterol is responsible for us cranking out hormones…so…

I don’t think some cheeseburgers everyday is a good idea. Home made every now and then and your good.

I eat some pizza or a buffet after deads or squats in my current bulk, lol I’ve been on this bulk for a few weeks now and have been averaging the 2-3lbs a week mark. I also consume plenty of fish oils, poly, and mono fats as well. My protein intake is almost as high as my carb intake, all while getting 4500+cals a day.

point is, eating something high in fats, cals, etc certainly won’t kill you, and will probably help you, but to do it everyday would be kind of dumb. I’m a fan of bulking and being “able” to eat what you want but still prefer to keep your cals as clean as possible.

I.E. TBone steak and potatoes .vs. a big mac. Which will give you better gains? lol

my .02

DG

nice post DG

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
I am talkign about bulking. Sorry if i wasnt clear.[/quote]

If you are bulking, don’t worry about it and don’t try to make up for it at other meals. Removing carbs from your breakfast when trying to gain muscle is retarded.

If you’re not making the burgers yourself, at least try to go to a place that actually serves good cheeseburgers.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
If you’re not making the burgers yourself, at least try to go to a place that actually serves good cheeseburgers.[/quote]

If you’re bulking and don’t care hardees has 2 double cheeseburgers for 3$

heavenly

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
If you’re not making the burgers yourself, at least try to go to a place that actually serves good cheeseburgers.[/quote]

I think this hits the nail on the head. The thought of a “fast food” burger grosses me out, but the thought of a burger 3 times the size made with quality ingredients, makes my mouth water.

I eat a burger pretty much every day. The saturated fat content of a extra lean ground beef isn’t that absurd. Now if you’re eating 3 fast food burgers, yeah might want to rethink it.

I really can’t fathom how some people eat to get the calories they need.
No burgers, no PB, no bread, no milk, etc.

Shut up and eat :smiley:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I eat a burger pretty much every day. The saturated fat content of a extra lean ground beef isn’t that absurd. Now if you’re eating 3 fast food burgers, yeah might want to rethink it.

I really can’t fathom how some people eat to get the calories they need.
No burgers, no PB, no bread, no milk, etc.

Shut up and eat :D[/quote]

Ya definitely man, some skinny kid was telling me that dairy was bad and I shouldn’t be drinking milk.

Some girl told me that peanut butter is bad because it’s high in fat.

I was going to correct them, but then did the dirty and just let it be. Apparently they knew more than I, to be educating me. lol

Both happened at work (nutrishop) lol

DG

ignorance is bliss

i eat grass fed beef just about every day. it’s a got an excellent good fat to bad fat ratio. very rich in omega 3 and very little omega 6.