Dear Friends at T-Nation,
My partner and I are in the process of setting up what will hopefully become a successful chain of gyms in China and there are lots of issues where we would like to use your honorables selves as sounding board.
We intend this gym to be geared towards strength/hypertrophy and general transformations. Basic old-school movements will form the core of all our programs. In fact the training philosophy goes along the lines of most of the regular contributors here on T-Nation.
Number one issue: Equipment
Which machines should we as a bare minimum have in our facility?
The list we have compiled so far include:
- Dumbbell set up to 120lbs (or perhaps we should go with powerblocks?)
- Barbells naturally
- Smith machines (yes, I know you all hate them but there are uses for them and the gym will have its share of beginners too)
- Power cages
- Incline bench press bench
- bench press bench
- Assisted pull-up/dip machines
- Cable pulley
- In/Decline benches
- Pull down machine
- E-Z bars
- Misc handles for pull down and cable pulleys
- Dipping belts
- Standing calf raise machine
- Sitting calf raise machine
- Ab benches
- Leg raise/dipping chairs
As well as a bit of cardio equipment like treadmills, bicycles, cross trainers.
Are there any obvious oversights in the above list of equipment? and please bear in mind that while we ofcourse would love have all equipment known to man, we have financial considerations and have to be selective.
Also, which equipment manufacturers would you favor over others?
Looking forward to your valuable input!