Setting Up Alternate Day Fasting?

Hi Paul,

I’m hoping you can assist with how to setup alternate day fasting. I’ve tried a 16:8 IF but with my work day it’s very hard to maintain, so having a day where I eat a little in the morning and a little 12 hours later is actually more realistic for me. I saw the original article on TNation a while back about eating only 800 calories on two non-training days and the other days are normal. I did this and I lost some weight and my body comp looked really good too. Problem is my lifts went to shit in a major way. I had to drop my training maxes by 40lbs to 50lbs and basically rebuild.

Is there a way to do AD Fasting so I can maintain progress in my main 3 lifts (Squat, BP, DL) or should I avoid AD Fasting? If it is realistic how should Inset it up? For example if I should eat 21K calories per week to lose weight slowly, do I just make up those calories on non-fasting days and not include the 1600 calories from the two fasting days into that total? I was thinking to exclude the 800/day because it’s so far below my BMR that those calories don’t matter much. Any insight would be great.

you want to be sexy naked or you want to push heavy fucking weight ? choose your camp

Dude there’s literally like a million questions in there.

What is your MAIN GOAL???

Umm, this is what i do and its very effective for me. Lift EOD. upper/lower, push/pull, or something of the sort.

Lift day fast till noon. Meal 2 at 3pm. lift at 4:15-4:30. Meals 3 and 4 around 6pm and 8:30. Eat at maintance this day, low fat, moderate protein, moderate carbs.

Off day…light Am cardio depending on goals. extend the fast to 1-3pm. 2-3 meals of veggies/protein/efas/healthy fats. maybe shoot for a 20-25% deficit.