T Nation

Sets and Reps for Leg Mass

I’m going to try and pack some meat on the ol’ drummies and I was wondering about the amount of sets and reps? Would any of you advise to keeping the reps at 6 and lower or changing it up? I would guess to keep all the weight as close to my max as possible too.

Everyone is different. Some legs respond great to high rep squats, others thrive with low reps. Find what works best for you and constantly progress at it, there’s really no right answer here.

Burgers work well as does Steak.

Right on thanks for the feedback. I’ll give it a couple months and see what the hell happens. I’ve been training for about 10 years so I have an above average strength base. I guess I will just squat until I puke or put my balls down by my shoes!

Right on thanks for the feedback. I’ll give it a couple months and see what the hell happens. I’ve been training for about 10 years so I have an above average strength base. I guess I will just squat until I puke or put my balls down by my shoes! Thanks again.

[quote]cliffbag darrell wrote:
Right on thanks for the feedback. I’ll give it a couple months and see what the hell happens. I’ve been training for about 10 years so I have an above average strength base. I guess I will just squat until I puke or put my balls down by my shoes! Thanks again.[/quote]

wtf you kidding me? you look more like you didn’t eat for 10 years,no offense.

LMAO! That’s not me bro! I just saw the picture and thought it would be funny to slap it on there with my post!!! I thought it would be fitting given the inquiry…NO?!

10 years and you have a dumb question like this???

Hey, something wrong with your training. You should know what work for your body after all those years.

I’ve tried a lot and it hasn’t seemed to work. All apologies for my dumb question. I’m looking for constructive feedback not dickheads on the internet. My training is just fine. Hey boss try gaining a little knowledge on the poster before you pop off with shit like “dumb question” that’s all I ask. I’m just getting back into training hard because I have been battling illness for a couple years.

sorry man, I was just surprise to have someone with 10 years of training having a question like that.

If you are serious now, just understand that the rep/set is not some numbers that mix correctly will give you the secret.

If you have been on and off for 10 years, for sure your body will not change a lot.

constancy, putting effort in the gym, having a good nutrition, and try to sleep like a baby for 8-10 hours.
Do that for a couple of years and you will see your efforts reward.

it’s not rep/set that will change something… well for starting, after you will know your body and you will find the good way to train your body.

By the way your avatar is gorgeous

Lmao the dude thought that picture was you OP…

My legs are doing alright from C_Cs recommendations in his thread:

quads (top set 6-10, with widowmaker after)

hams (1 top set ramped)

abs (1 top set ramped)

calf (1 top set again)

trained every 4-5 days or so.

Im up to 400kgs on the leg press now and legs are a little over 28inches. (i know thats nothing compared to alot of people on here but for a skinny bastard like I used to be, im happy lol)