T Nation

Set-Rep Log/Excel Template?

Im looking to start a new program at least a few months in length. However I’m having a hard time finding a printable training template or something that I can take to the gym with me. Im not picky about the workout but would prefer it to be three days a week.

I would have no problem purchasing a log or something similar online but don’t where I could get one or which books come with something you can actually rip out and take to the gym. Id rather not go through the trouble making an excel template because it seems like it would be too much of a hassle.

Ive been lifting for about six years and am 21 if that makes a difference. Looking to gain some strength as well as size. Any information on where I could find something like this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

This is one that is similar to what I use. (Blank Workout Card)

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/WorkoutLogs.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/WorkoutLogs.html

Full Body Workout Log or Blank Workout Card is ideal.

DIY

proberly you should try using either the google or the search button… both seem to work pretty well ?

Uh, I would be much more worried about the program that I was doing rather than how it’s presented and it’s portability…

Personally I just write it out by hand, with a pen, in a notebook. I write out the next weeks corresponding workout as I’m drinking my post workout shake, this way I have a clear idea and can note where I should shoot to add an extra rep, add weight, what exercises I’m progressing on, what exercises I should consider switching up.

Really, it’s not that much of a hassle. I have to take a bag to the gym- with a towel, skipping rope, wallet, keys, chalk, etc… Adding a notebook and pen isn’t really a big deal. It takes me all of 5 minutes max to write out each workout.

Seriously, though, you’ve been a member since 2006 and this is your first post. Is this a really lame joke? You say you’ve been working out for 6 years? What have you been doing all this time?

Well put Tassie…

this will proberly get me flamed but i always use my phone to write my workouts. Write them on the computer an syncronise. takes about 1 min and then just keep it as a note of the day in the calendar.

Then when i get back home the calendars sync up and it can acces my workout log from almost everywhere and i?