Server Room Heath Effects

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I will spill the beans

The air is really really really dry… The air comes from our warehouse and its sometimes dirty and dry as hell.

My nasal cavities are crusty by they end of the day. By the end of the week I get head aches really bad ones.

Also the noise is getting on my nerves(14 servers with 2 window air conditioners). I notice it more and more now. This causes anxiety etc etc.

Also immune response is messed up. I catch everything thing around if I workout really hard.

I am starting to wonder if my work environment has something to do with it.[/quote]

Are these symptoms a recent thing or have they been present on/off throughout these past years?

[/quote]

Just started in the last 2 years getting worst all the time.

Server Room = Modern High Tech Coal Mine

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Server Room = Modern High Tech Coal Mine[/quote]

Also do you think I get a nice big union to cover my ass for health benefits. According to a friend(pharma tech) of mine we have the worst one in the industry. Also my pay is not on grade with anyone else who does(but its average office pay for the area where I live). And pension or retirement or plan …ha!

Yeah I am thinking its time to leave.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
My nasal cavities are crusty by they end of the day. By the end of the week I get head aches really bad ones.[/quote]

These are the classic symptoms of over-exposure to ozone.

" Photocopiers create ozone through their “corona wires” that apply a charge to the paper so the ink will cling to it. However, newer models use a different system to reduce the amount of ozone produced by the machine. The average ozone emitted is 40 Ã?µg/copy. At peak production, it is 131 Ã?µg/copy.1 Ozone levels can reach dangerous levels in small, poorly ventilated copying rooms since it can cause headaches, and irritate the eyes, nose, throat and lungs."

http://www.aerias.org/DesktopModules/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleId=89&spaceid
[/quote]

I would suppose any electronic stuff can be the culprit, but if I was a betting man, I’d bet the air scrubbers for the server room generate ozone intentionally to make the dust “electomatically sticky” and thus easier to filter.

This is extremely common.

I was on a lawsuit involving pregnant women working in a chip manufacturing center. The ozone generators (coupled with all sorts of volitile chemicals) was a bad deal.