Sermorelin Timing

So I’ve used Serm and Ipam together off and on for a little while now. Recently I decided just to use Sermorelin because of cost. I’ve always pinned before bed, and during the night my hands would numb. It’s annoying but I’m able to go right back to sleep. Here lately though the numbing sensations have subsided into something much worse. My entire body gets restless, and I itch all over. I’m laying in bed for hours before actually falling asleep. As soon as I fall asleep though I almost jump out of bed. It’s really bizarre. The only thing I can relate it to is the restless leg feeling I get on planes were I can’t sit still. Starting tomorrow I’m going to pin in the mornings to see how that works. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m on a maintenance dose of 500mcg a day.

I just started Sermorelin about 4 weeks ago. I also pin before bed. It used to make me sleepy but now not so much. I get itchy around the injection site but that’s it. No bizarre restlessness or anything.

I’m pinning ipam and mod-grf nightly and I get a huge flush and my body turns red but it only lasts for a few minutes.

Here’s some cut and pastes from my research maybe there is something in there that might help you.

Sermorelin monotherapy is commonly prescribed for relatively younger patients who have significant
pituitary reserve and only need treatment for a few months, to increase exposure to endogenous hGH
Since Sermorelin eventually down regulates its pituitary receptors and actually “turns off” production of
endogenous GHRH due to ultra short feedback and activation of somatostatin neurons in the
hypothalamus, its efficacy of slowly lost and recovery is often required for restoration of function.
Recovery may be facilitated by subsequent monotherapy with Ipamorelin which will restore GHRH
function and suppress somatostatin activity that is enhanced by Sermorelin therapy.

When do I take Sermorelin?
The best time to take Sermorelin is prior to bedtime. Growth Hormone is primarily released during sleep and most beneficial to the body’s recovery and repair during this time. Sermorelin has a promoting effect on sleep and can therefore make you tired if taken during the day.
How do you measure the effectiveness of Sermorelin?
Due to the pulsatile nature of both endogenous HGH and IGF-1, a single blood draw is not sufficient for accurate measurement. Most physicians who prescribe Sermorelin and similar peptides measure effectiveness in patients through symptomology (the study of your symptoms-see benefits); physical appearance and measurements; and blood analysis.
How will I know its working?
After 4 years of observing patients taking Sermorelin, I have noticed that patients usually report improved sleep within the first few weeks of therapy. Of course, this is only noticed in patients who have trouble sleeping in the first place, however most patients at least notice an increase in sleep quality. This is usually concurrent with increased energy levels and improved mood.
After 3-6 months of therapy patients start reporting noticeable or significant body changes, such as increase in muscle tone and a leaner physique.
Over time patients will also notice a significant improvement in skin tone and health.
How long does it take to work?
Just like most HGH medications, Sermorelin usually has a “loading” period of 3-6 months before full effects are noticed. Once injected, both Sermorelin and rHGH are eliminated from then body very quickly and therefore need to be injected frequently. Its actions are dependent on a chain reaction of biological processes which result in elevated and sustained HGH and growth factors. It takes some time for levels to become optimal and initiate the benefits we are seeking to achieve.
Do I need to take Sermorelin forever to keep seeing results?
Actually, no. Sermorelin has an ongoing effect in which optimal HGH levels can be sustained long after the last injection. Just like synthetic HGH, Sermorelin initially must be injected every day. Unlike synthetic HGH, once optimal levels are sustained with Sermorelin injection frequencies can be decreased or stopped altogether. Once results are achieved, patients are then switched to a maintenance protocol eliminating the need for ongoing daily injections and reducing the total cost of therapy!
Sermorelin Starting Dose: 500mcg-1000mcg (1mg) injected sc before bedtime.
Studies have shown that 1mg of Sermorelin will create maximum stimulation to the pituitary to create a good level of growth hormone within the pituitary. This dose should be used for approx. 6 months as the anterior pituitary is recrudesced. Therefore, a dose of aprox. 500mcg delivered sc each evening has been shown to provide maximum stimulation to the pituitary releasing optimum endogenous growth hormone. After aprox. 12 months of sermorelin injections, the patient can try reducing injection frequency to 1mg 2-3 times per week to maintain levels.
Sermorelin Dosing protocol for optimizing GH stimulation
Therefore, a dose of aprox. 500mcg delivered sc each evening has been shown to provide maximum stimulation to the pituitary releasing optimum endogenous growth hormone. After aprox. 12 months of sermorelin injections, the patient can try reducing injection frequency to 1mg 2-3 times per week to maintain levels.
Again, because the manufacture of endogenous growth hormone by the pituitary is governed by a negative feedback loop, meaning that if the body recognizes that there is an optimum level of endogenous growth hormone being already being produced, then no matter how strongl stimulated by sermorelin, no more endogenous gh will be produced. Note that in truth, the relationship between sermorelin dosing and endogenous growth hormone production is not exactly linear. However, for purposes of discussion and materiality, the aforementioned relationships and limits between sermorelin and endogenous growth hormone are true. So it makes sense to utilize sermorelin to optimize growth hormone levels as determined by the patient’s response itself rather than use exogenous growth hormone through either guesswork or extensive repeated testing.
Using Sermorelin Acetate will promote longevity and lifespan by increasing both production of Human Growth Hormone and increasing pituitary reserves of HGH. Sermorelin does not bypass the pituitary-GH axis therefore allowing control of IGF-1- fluctuating levels as needed to preserve health.
“Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone, called Sermorelin - may provide a superior product for endogenous production of hGH. Unlike exogenous recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH)that causes production of the bioactive hormone IGF-1 from the liver, sermorelin stimulates the patient’s own pituitary gland by binding to specific receptors to increase production and secretion of endogenous hGH.”- Dr . Rand McClain, Sports Medicine Physician LA.
Summary of studies using Sermorelin (GHRH) in adults (dose 1mg per day) (from Growth hormone (GH)–releasing hormone and GH secretagogues in normal aging: Fountain of Youth or Pool of Tantalus? - PMC) :

“Once daily GHRH injections can stimulate increases in GH and IGF-I at least to the lower part of the young adult normal range (Merriam et al 2000). The University of Washington study of 6 months treatment with daily bedtime subcutaneous injections of GHRH(1–29)NH2, alone or in combination with supervised exercise conditioning, was begun in response to the NIH initiative (Merriam et al 2002, 2003). IGF-I levels rose approximately 35%. As with GH, subjects showed an increase in lean body mass and decrease in body fat (particularly abdominal visceral fat). However, there was no improvement in strength or aerobic fitness associated with GHRH injections. Testing again confirmed the benefits of exercise but showed no effect upon IGF-I levels; thus it appears that GH/GHRH and exercise work through different mechanisms (Vitiello et al 1997). Subjects receiving GHRH also showed no change in scores on an integrated physical functional performance test mimicking activities of daily living, but there was a significant decline in physical function in the placebo group (Merriam et al 1997, 2003; Cummings and Merriam 2003). This tantalizing finding, suggesting that GHRH can stabilize if not improve physical function, needs confirmation. There is only one other published study of chronic GHRH in normal aging, which reported positive effects on exercise testing after 3 months of treatment (Veldhuis et al 2005).
Sleep and cognition were also studied in the GHRH trial, with surprising results. GHRH failed to improve and may even have impaired deep sleep, despite the rise in IGF-I and pulsatile GH. However, GHRH treatment was associated with improved scores in several domains of fluid (but not crystallized) intelligence – those measures previously found correlated with circulating IGF-I levels (Vitiello et al 2006). This intriguing preliminary finding is now being studied more systematically at the University of Washington in a new NIH-funded study (the Somatotrophics, Memory, and Aging Research Trial, or “SMART”).
Thus as with GH, there is a consensus on hormonal and body composition effects but inconsistent functional effects on function; and in addition there is a very encouraging but still unconfirmed positive effect on some domains of fluid intelligence.”
Note: The above studies checked for IGF-1 at baseline and week 2. If IGF did not increase by at least 15 percent, they would double the dose. 83 out of 89 people did not require a dose adjustment. Average IGF-1 increase was 30 percent at the 1 mg per day dose.
Using Sermorelin to Decrease Body-Fat
Lipodystrophy is a medical condition that defines the rapid accumulation of adipose tissue (body fat) usually unevenly distributed in certain areas of the body (legs, hips, stomach, lower back). In basic concept, lipodystrophy is very similar to the increase in body fat experienced as we age, accumulating unevenly in different areas of our body. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study in 2008 of the effects Sermorelin had on HIV positive men suffering from lipodystrophy.
The study concluded that patients provided the Sermorelin lost adipose (fat) and increased lean muscle, significantly improving total body composition.
Study Conclusion: GHRH was well tolerated and effectively increased levels of IGF-1 in HIV-infected men with lipodystrophy.
Total and regional body composition improved in response to GHRH, with increased lean mass and reduced truncal and visceral fat. Use of GHRH may potentially be a beneficial treatment strategy for this population. JAMA. 2004;292:210-218 www.jama.com

Sermorelin & Diabetes
Typically the blood sugar issues associated with “growth hormone” are caused by taking high dosages of synthetic HGH which result in a large, unnatural, bell-curve in IGF-1 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1). IGF-1 competes for insulin within the same cell receptors and therefore can lead to hyper or sometimes hypoglycemia. Diabetic patients would have a difficult time tracking their sugar and risk taking too much, or not enough insulin.
When it comes to Sermorelin, or even conservative dosages of HGH, there should be no detriment to blood sugar and insulin.

It is still important to instruct patients the importance of eating low glycemic for both the benefit of managing his diabetes, but also to maximize the effectiveness of the Sermorelin’s coversion to IGF-1.
Sermorelin and all GH peptides work better in people who maintain lower blood sugar/insulin through a low glycemic diet.
End of cut and paste author Ben Greenfield.

You need to find a new source and make sure you are using bacstat water and nothing else. Double check your mixing instructions so you know you are really getting 500mcgs.
Have you done a blood test on your IGF-1? What was it when you started and what is it now?
Sermorelin’s half life is ~2 hours so taking it during the day is a waste of drugs.
What you are discribing is not normal. You have contamination or bad drugs I would not use what you have anymore. Trash it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info.

SOMATOMEDIN-C
Your Value
259 NG/ML
Standard Range
72 - 228 NG/ML
This is my level before beginning this round of treatment. Not sure as of now and won’t know until I finish my current blast, and return to normal levels.

I have a prescription that I fill at a compounding pharmacy and only use bacstat water. I’m following directions to a T as well. Last night I skipped my shot and feel asleep quickly and was uninterrupted. I did do a shot first thing this morning and waited 90min to eat. I’m tired though but not surprised since I haven’t slept much in 4 days until last night.

I spoke with my pharmacist and she said this is the first time she has heard of this happening. She did say that for some people though that instead of getting sleepy, the exact opposite occurs and they take it in the morning. Still doesn’t explain why I haven’t had this problem in the past with previous scripts. I’m out of town now, but have a bottle in the fridge at home that I will try tomorrow night to see if it happens again. Coming from a compounding pharmacy here in the U.S. I’m not concerned with quality but who knows.

Thanks for the info! Quick question, I met a guy that was able to get off Trt with this sermorelin stuff. I’m really wanting to find out because I’m Tired of Trt. What are your thoughts?

sermorelin triggers your IGF-1 which helps your natural growth hormone production. It has nothing to do with male sex hormones. This guy you met does not know what he is talking about.
If you want off TRT get a good PCT kit going and see if you can kick your natural T production back in gear.

1 Like

I’ve been on Trt for a year now and I’m wanting to get off of it man. Do you think there’s a legit PCT that’ll work? Can you message me or email me? I’d really really appreciate your help man. Elmert84@gmail.con

Yes I do.
You are in the pharma forum and we have some of the most knowledgeable guys on PCT. I hope some will see this and offer you some advice.