SERM and AI Sticky

[quote]EstoVir wrote:
Should SERMS be refrigerated after opening?[/quote]

Are you are referring to research chems? There are none that I know of that have to be refridgerated.

all that question serves to do is demonstrate your total incomprehension of what exactly a research chemical is.

Devildawg…, your latest avatar is sincerely lacking mate… she is a little rough in comparison to your regular hotties. :frowning:

Is that better, mate? :wink:

A lot of these studies involve young men vs older men and many results vary with age,just curious to know how old is an older male?

[quote]xXDevilDogXx wrote:
Is that better, mate? :wink:

[/quote]

uuuhh… what? sorry i wasnt paying attention, your avatar distracted me…

mmm…

what? Uhh…

mmm…m.

;p

Something that might be useful in all of these threads is a notation about the bans, if any, various sports have on the various drugs.

For example, HRT that is just andro, as long as the levels don’t go over a certain blood ratio, won’t get you disqualified. Lance Armstrong, after his testicular cancer, had no naturally occurring testosterone, but was allowed HRT without being disqualified.

Not everyone is aware that not all HRT/HST will get you disqualified.

Not to mention, for some older female lifters, the bone density improvements of some drugs are very important – and I think you did well by including that information.

In addition to the sticky in the over 35 thread, this post is also well worth reading:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/hpta_friend_or_foe

Finally, on HRT themes alone, some times all you need to do is get your dietary fat levels back up.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

Im not sure Id use an AI in the PCT, granted any OTC stuff is completely useless, estrogen is rather important to your overall health, and the PCT is a sensitive time.

[/quote]

If adex is used right, your E2 levels will not go low enough to cause any negative effects. You can use adex with your cycle, PCT and beyond. If E2 is elevated, this will suppress your HPTA when you are trying to restore it.

SERMs increase E2. Always taper off of a SERM to avoid having your HPTA see higher estrogen levels. Best to use adex with the SERM, then as you taper off of the SERM the adex is maintaining lower E2 levels.

Remember that adex competes with T for aromatase. As you reduce T, adex needs to be reduced as well and vice versa.

Letro is a problem as the response can be severe and the dose required is not very predictable.

E is competitive with T at T receptors. E can block the action of T and limit your gains and libido. Those who think that they have no problems if they do not get gyno should give adex on cycle a trial and see for themselves. TRT guys know the effects of longer term elevated estrogen and the problems are are in crystal clear 20:20 hindsight. With the very high serum T levels when on gear, this may mask some of the libido issues that E2 creates. [I have never used gear levels of T… so there are some aspects that I will never know.]

Elevated E will make fat loss difficult.

Target serum E2 levels should be in the lower 20’s; E=22 would be a good heathly number. In a E2 range having an upper bound of 54, levels in the mid 30’s or higher can create many problems.

I worked with someone here who PM’d stating that he did not feel right in many ways after PCT and his libido was not right. Got him to get on adex and he was “cured” in a week or two.

Anyone else notice the shortage of Toremifene lately ?

I think people are finally catching on, almost none of the big research sites can keep it in stock.

How the arimidex administered?

[quote]Mlettier wrote:
How the arimidex administered? [/quote]

orally.

Generally it is purchased as a research chem, which will be a liquid suspension.

You measure you the appropriate dose with an oral syringe and presto.

Anyone here of Nolvadex giving them stomach problems?

I’m on antibiotics right now so that may be the case but I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Nolvadex? Oh and I also am on Prednisone for my throat. There are some many variables. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this.

i have not. What makes you think it is the nolvadex when you are on a number of different compounds?

I have a question - can I use clomid and nolva in the same time or for example - 2 weeks clomid, then 2 weeks nolva? And is it okay for a PCT - 3 weeks with nolva + some test buster and some liver toxic “cleaner”?
Thanks!

Thanks Devildog for this. Being a newbie to this site and never had to use a SERM or AI on cycle, but with all the info here, and their effects and impact will definitely not go through another cycle without them. I know that arimidex is the choice for an AI,but would also like to see what is choice for SERMS and most PCT.

So I start my PCT w/Nolva in a few days. What do I mix it with? Do I simply add my dose to fluid and drink or do I swallow the dose directly?

[quote]elih8er wrote:
So I start my PCT w/Nolva in a few days. What do I mix it with? Do I simply add my dose to fluid and drink or do I swallow the dose directly?[/quote]

Drink it straight and wash it down with something, if the taste is bad. I’m assuming you are using a liquid suspension and not tablets.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
elih8er wrote:
So I start my PCT w/Nolva in a few days. What do I mix it with? Do I simply add my dose to fluid and drink or do I swallow the dose directly?

Drink it straight and wash it down with something, if the taste is bad. I’m assuming you are using a liquid suspension and not tablets. [/quote]
Yes, I am taking a research chem. Should I wash it down with grapefruit juice or is this a bad idea?

No idea

[quote]elih8er wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
elih8er wrote:

Drink it straight and wash it down with something, if the taste is bad. I’m assuming you are using a liquid suspension and not tablets.
Yes, I am taking a research chem. Should I wash it down with grapefruit juice or is this a bad idea?[/quote]

Grapefruit juice has a chemical that loads up the P450 enzyme pathways and that reduces the liver’s ability to clear estrogens from the body via the same pathways. Do not make grapefruit a regular part of your diet!

[quote]elih8er wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
elih8er wrote:

Yes, I am taking a research chem. Should I wash it down with grapefruit juice or is this a bad idea?[/quote]

Grapefruit juice has a chemical that loads up the P450 enzyme pathways and that reduces the liver’s ability to clear estrogens from the body via the same pathways. Do not make grapefruit a regular part of your diet!