Seriously Lagging Upper Body

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]LoveSquatting wrote:
In the USA, 1 pound of beef is like 2-3 bucks, right ? And how much is the average teen allowance ? 5 bucks or even more ? Newsflash, its around 5 bucks (converted) here, and I need like 4 days to save up enough money to buy a kilo, which I can eat in 2 days.
Still, noone helping out with the routine.[/quote]

Wow, dude. I ate whatever I could to get big when I was scrounging for everything. People who want this bad enough will eat enough to grow. What they won’t do is act like all high caloric foods are off limits so they can cry about how they can’t afford to eat “super clean” or how they can’t afford beef.
[/quote]
That’s a bit of relief. Do you think I can still build muscle with 3 pounds of baked potatoes, 300-500g peanuts, 50g olive oil and 10 whole eggs ? That would be like 4k+ calories, if I’m not mistaken.
@JFG - goal is some muscle in the upper part while retaining my squat max (something like 1 day of high intensity low volume back and fron squats). Just need bigger lats and arms to match the legs.

And how much is the average teen allowance[/quote]
You’re, chronologically-speaking, almost a man. Stop expecting an allowance. Where do you live?

And on a related note…
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=local+part+time+jobs+for+teenagers

Oh for fuck’s sake. Fine, starting January 1, do this:

Read the whole article, paying extra attention to the “Bodybuilding the Right Way” section towards the end.

Period. Done. You now have about three weeks to get this plan in order.

And I promise that if you come back with a reason why you can’t/won’t/shouldn’t do that, I’m going to kick a puppy in the teeth.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Oh for fuck’s sake. [/quote]

And how much is the average teen allowance[/quote]
You’re, chronologically-speaking, almost a man. Stop expecting an allowance. Where do you live?

And on a related note…
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=local+part+time+jobs+for+teenagers

Oh for fuck’s sake. Fine, starting January 1, do this:

Read the whole article, paying extra attention to the “Bodybuilding the Right Way” section towards the end.

Period. Done. You now have about three weeks to get this plan in order.

And I promise that if you come back with a reason why you can’t/won’t/shouldn’t do that, I’m going to kick a puppy in the teeth.[/quote]

Still in high school, allowance is a must. I live in Bulgaria, where everything is overpriced and product quality sucks.
That was the response I was waiting for. Hopping on the article right now. Thanks.

OP, your goal is to build upper body mass while retaining your squat max.

you can build upper body mass AND strength simultaneously, while ALSO increasing your squat max.

on top of that, I’m sure you could get damn close to 200 lb BW in a year. don’t forget that chicken, fish, pork, and goat are all valid sources of animal protein that are cheaper than beef.

I bet that just blew your mind.

Nope it didn’t, cause that’s not the case in my country.
I read Dave’s article yesterday and it sounds really tempting. Gonna pick the exercises soon. Thanks.

Just because youre more strength-focused, doesnt mean direct work for ANY body part is useless. A steel chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Also, I think Chris Coluccis’ evil twin brother, Craig Colucci has hijacked his account!

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
Also, I think Chris Coluccis’ evil twin brother, Craig Colucci has hijacked his account![/quote]
Oh, like I’m the only one with an evil twin named Craig?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
Also, I think Chris Coluccis’ evil twin brother, Craig Colucci has hijacked his account![/quote]
Oh, like I’m the only one with an evil twin named Craig?

[/quote]

lololol

Chris, I’ve seen you field a lot of questions from newbs but I have NEVER seen you drop an F-bomb. I feel privileged to witness this auspicious occasion.

OP, so you’re saying that poultry/pork/other meats are NOT cheaper than beef in Bulgaria?

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
Chris, I’ve seen you field a lot of questions from newbs but I have NEVER seen you drop an F-bomb. I feel privileged to witness this auspicious occasion.[/quote]

X2 on this one bro, I too was like “WTF!!”.

To the OP: That thing about needed an allowance to eat right… Is plain bullshit. Sure, maybe beef and other protein sources are off the table. But there should be plenty more locally. I relate because I too am on a very tight budget, but that ain’t an excuse to me.

If you want it bad enough, stop wasting your money on things that won’t help with your end goal and use the money you save to buy the stuff you need. Make some compromises, maybe choose to walk to places instead of riding the bus, or buy a bike. IDK, get creative. I need a few more bucks to pay for some tuna cans? I put in less gas on my car and WALK to the gym instead of driving.

Need some extra cash to buy some chicken breasts? I don’t go clubbing this weekend. IT CAN BE DONE. If you don’t know how, that’s what this forum is for. But for Christ’s sake, stop making excuses not to listen to Prof X and Chris.

[quote]alfranglez wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
Chris, I’ve seen you field a lot of questions from newbs but I have NEVER seen you drop an F-bomb. I feel privileged to witness this auspicious occasion.[/quote]

X2 on this one bro, I too was like “WTF!!”.[/quote]
Ha. I do have a pretty long fuse, but sometimes, I just can’t help but explode.

That’s what she said.

[quote]alfranglez wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

X2 on this one bro, I too was like “WTF!!”.[/quote]
Ha. I do have a pretty long fuse, but sometimes, I just can’t help but explode.

That’s what she said.[/quote]

Groan

Get a part time job. Ditch all the “reasons” you have for not being awesome.

Even if they are cheaper, it’s an insignificant difference.
Let me show you what I mean. I’m gonna refer to our currency as “money”
My allowance is 3 “money”. Gym is 2 “money”/visit (which is currently 5 days/week). Chicken breasts are 12 “money”/kg. And no, I can’t get a part time job, gotta study, study for university. Anyways, got a pound of peanuts today and some peanut butter.
Already ate 200g nuts, half can peanut butter (approx 200g), 3 pounds baked potatoes, 1l whole milk and 5 whole eggs. Gonna try my best. Thanks yall.

It’s the smell of “hi guys, I want to get big and strong but here are 5 millions reasons I can’t” that really reminds me of home…like fresh cookies in the oven.

My allowance is 3 “money”. Gym is 2 “money”/visit (which is currently 5 days/week). Chicken breasts are 12 “money”/kg. And no, I can’t get a part time job, gotta study, study for university. Anyways, got a pound of peanuts today and some peanut butter.
Already ate 200g nuts, half can peanut butter (approx 200g), 3 pounds baked potatoes, 1l whole milk and 5 whole eggs. Gonna try my best. Thanks yall.[/quote]

bullshit. plenty of people go to college and work at the same time.

I’m not in college yet

get a job, sort your spending priorities

My allowance is 3 “money”. Gym is 2 “money”/visit (which is currently 5 days/week). Chicken breasts are 12 “money”/kg.[/quote]
^That^ was great.

I pictured my 3 year old nephew telling me how money can be exchanged for good and services.

And thank you for calling it “money” for us half-wits as Lev would have been to difficult for me to understand.

Most don’t understand it, I’ve tried.